St Mirren v Livingston SPFL Premiership 1/10/22

shull

Not a pretty performance from us but once again the players dug in when it mattered and got their reward.  I never look forward to matches versus Livingston, they are turgid and anti-football.  David Martindale certainly has them "well drilled".  It makes me wonder how he'd be with better resources and proper footballers at his disposal.

This is the sort of day when you begin to believe we will have a decent season. The game was murder to watch until we scored. I thought we were well off it and got sucked into a game dictated by Livingston. Referee was dire and bought every trick they brought and did nothing to protect our players. However, the goal, the missed penalty and then the winner so late in game was pure magic to watch. We don’t tend to get anything from these types of games . Tonight l am ecstatic.

12 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

This is the sort of day when you begin to believe we will have a decent season. The game was murder to watch until we scored. I thought we were well off it and got sucked into a game dictated by Livingston. Referee was dire and bought every trick they brought and did nothing to protect our players. However, the goal, the missed penalty and then the winner so late in game was pure magic to watch. We don’t tend to get anything from these types of games . Tonight l am ecstatic.

Ach, mostly agree with this. I though the first half was terrible, but the second half made up for it - three goals, a missed penalty and a sending off, plus the sweet late victory. :)

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

Ach, mostly agree with this. I though the first half was terrible, but the second half made up for it - three goals, a missed penalty and a sending off, plus the sweet late victory. :)

No doubt the 2nd half was much better from both teams.

Both sets of players seemed to be more determined to score, decent entertainment IMO. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No doubt the 2nd half was much better from both teams.

Both sets of players seemed to be more determined to score, decent entertainment IMO. 

I should add I only watched on the shite that is hesgoal so not really in a position to disagree too much with other's, except elvis.  :lol:

We have played some excellent football this season but today wasn't one of them. But sometimes you have to win ugly and this was ugly but a great 3 points.

You can't blame a manager for not changing a winning team but I was delighted for Greive today. When he came on against the fakes he done more than Main and Ayunga had done in the previous 75 mins. And today he took his chance when he got it. Hope we see more of him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Dreadful game. One really good chance each and that’s been it. Seems like the ball has been out of play more than it’s been in play. 

Jeezo, you’re in NY, shouldn’t you be enjoying that amazing city instead of watching the Buds.

Bet your missus is delighted. 

They say it's the sign of a good team to win when not playing well. I think this proves Saints are a GREAT team. I know all teams struggle to play football v this soul destroying team but, boy were we well below par.

I was certain we'd lose this once it went 1-1 but the players dug in and never gave up. 3rd, (THIRD), in the league. Fantastic.

It really has been "Good to be a buddy" recently.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

They say it's the sign of a good team to win when not playing well. I think this proves Saints are a GREAT team. I know all teams struggle to play football v this soul destroying team but, boy were we well below par.

I was certain we'd lose this once it went 1-1 but the players dug in and never gave up. 3rd, (THIRD), in the league. Fantastic.

It really has been "Good to be a buddy" recently.

Agreed we said that the spirit to not give up and push on was great. 

Good crowd today for 5300 to turn up with 5000 being buddies shows that a winning team brings in fans. 

54 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We have played some excellent football this season but today wasn't one of them. But sometimes you have to win ugly and this was ugly but a great 3 points.

You can't blame a manager for not changing a winning team but I was delighted for Greive today. When he came on against the fakes he done more than Main and Ayunga had done in the previous 75 mins. And today he took his chance when he got it. Hope we see more of him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good to see Grieve score and perform well but I'd play Main and Ayunga every week before him just now. Grieve for me has more goals in him than Brophy and will develop

Today showed for me how much Main has improved since Robinson came in. We missed him today.

Edited by lenziebud

We seem to have a bit about us this season - we didn’t play well today but ground out a result, something you don’t really associate with us. Robbo has got a system there that players are buying into and let’s just roll with it and see where it takes us. COYS !!!

If there 1 team i want us to beat apart from the bigots is them.

As other had said, the worst games of football we watch and play against all season, is always against  them. 

1 point was all we deserved but 3 against them is nearly as enjoyable as beating the bigots. 

F THEM    :lol: