St Mirren v Livingston SPFL Premiership 1/10/22

shull

Think today was the worst performance from us so far I reckon we are at least 4 points short of where we should be on performances to date but can't be to annoyed it's been a fantastic start and one I'm more than sure most of us hadn't seen coming considering our league cup performances.

Love that we won today, but f**k me that was not a game of football. We went down to their level too as it was tough to watch on both sides.

I never really knew how much I hate Livi, until today. They don't play football at all. It is dire to watch and I can understand why their away support is so small. Paying for a season ticket to watch that is one thing, travelling and paying like 30 quid a game would be tough to swallow.

They have finished in the top 6 and we haven't before.

They seem to be able to unearth some massive guys who Bully, elbow, block, do dirty shit, but not play football. Even as big massive guys go down acting like they have been shot and playing up for officials to take it all in. They are not a professional football side, but a professional wrestling side. I would love them out of the division, but they get results.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Love that we won today, but f**k me that was not a game of football. We went down to their level too as it was tough to watch on both sides.

I never really knew how much I hate Livi, until today. They don't play football at all. It is dire to watch and I can understand why their away support is so small. Paying for a season ticket to watch that is one thing, travelling and paying like 30 quid a game would be tough to swallow.

They seem to be able to unearth some massive guys who Bully, elbow, block, do dirty shit, but not play football. Even as big massive guys go down acting like they have been shot and playing up for officials to take it all in. They are not a professional football side, but a professional wrestling side. I would love them out of the division, but they get results.

That f**king pitch if theirs also adds points. 

5 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

They get results because they are bloody difficult to play against and if you aren't up for it they will catch you out.

What we have now is a team that can keep going at it and that showed today.

I think the player recruitment has been pivotal in the fortunes of club as most have already played for SR and know what he is about. Maybe thats what was wrong last season when he took over and we looked awful. 

Big critic at time(me), humble pie now.

I would expect one or two to move in next window and to be replaced by others who get SR and can push team on.

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

They have Inverness Callys playbook from the end of the 90s onwards , anti footballing hammer throwers.

The win against livi cancels out the motherwell defeat and the win against again celtic cancels out the st jonhstone defeat (albeit minus another goal). Would be happy with a draw against the zombies but a win would continue my laughter at our start to the season.

5 hours ago, truesaint said:

The win against livi cancels out the motherwell defeat and the win against again celtic cancels out the st jonhstone defeat (albeit minus another goal). Would be happy with a draw against the zombies but a win would continue my laughter at our start to the season.

I don't agree as beating Livingstone, albeit it usually difficult games, wasn't a "surprise" result.

It is what it is, it's been the performances that have been very pleasing.

I just mentioned on another thread the way we are playing, and it's still fairly early days, compared to the snoozefest under Goodwin, has been very pleasing.

Results are "key" but the performances have been much better, and from a manager that some wanted binned after 5 minutes in the job. 

Poor game but great result. Too many of our lads weren't able to deal with the 'physical approach' of Livi (that's being kind). But our whole squad gets huge credit for the spirit and guts to keep pushing forward after we lost a man and an equaliser. Big Joe came on and helped keep them out at the back and, of course Alex got the winner.

I try not to criticise referees, but yesterday's man was very poor. Allowed himself to be conned by Livi players going down on several occasions and was often miles away from incidents. A mystery how he could decide who was to blame for fouls from that distance.

First time I've got a score prediction right for many, many years, so quite pleased with myself. But even more pleased to see the club sitting in 3rd place in the league. Long may that continue.

COYS!!

Yesterday was a great result in the circumstances. Livi are always difficult to beat and they have some very good players. Getting a result with only 10 men was excellent. We were shite with our worst league performance this season. That was Gogic's first start in 6 months and it showed. I also think he was wearing 6 inch heels. Strain was a huge miss. Fraser is nowhere in the same category playing wing back. And Kiltie is not a striker. If Greive had come back from NZ sooner than Friday and he started I reckon we would have caused the Livi defence far more problems. Great to see Joe get some game time and introduce a threat at corners. Good day at the office.

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

Yesterday was a great result in the circumstances. Livi are always difficult to beat and they have some very good players. Getting a result with only 10 men was excellent. We were shite with our worst league performance this season. That was Gogic's first start in 6 months and it showed. I also think he was wearing 6 inch heels. Strain was a huge miss. Fraser is nowhere in the same category playing wing back. And Kiltie is not a striker. If Greive had come back from NZ sooner than Friday and he started I reckon we would have caused the Livi defence far more problems. Great to see Joe get some game time and introduce a threat at corners. Good day at the office.

Were you not at Perth. 🤔