Rangers International FC v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 15/4/23

shull

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Yea, it is a fake however Walsh does work closely with the Rangers Youth Academy.

I'm aware that he's a PE Teacher at Boclair Academy, a school that around 30 Rangers Youth Academy players attend........is he any more connected to Rangers or their Academy than that? I genuinely don't know the answer 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

I'm aware that he's a PE Teacher at Boclair Academy, a school that around 30 Rangers Youth Academy players attend........is he any more connected to Rangers or their Academy than that? I genuinely don't know the answer 🤷‍♂️

That should have been enough to exclude him from officiating. There has to be at least a potential for a conflict of interest.

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

That should have been enough to exclude him from officiating. There has to be at least a potential for a conflict of interest.

I'm not so sure Lucy.......I'm pretty confident that there will be more than a few kids on Academy's books, at any senior school, that any referee could be teaching at (Collum for example). Should we ban any referee who works in a Secondary School just in-case some of the kids in their class are signed with some club's Academy?

19 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not so sure Lucy.......I'm pretty confident that there will be more than a few kids on Academy's books, at any senior school, that any referee could be teaching at (Collum for example). Should we ban any referee who works in a Secondary School just in-case some of the kids in their class are signed with some club's Academy?

Nonsense. The whole lot of this.

23 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

But it’s not a few kids It’s the school sevco use to educate their young players There is a contract between the club and the school so is it right for one of the school employees to officiate games involving sevco? I wonder if a ref employed by the Kibble would be allowed to take charge of our games?

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

But it’s not a few kids It’s the school sevco use to educate their young players There is a contract between the club and the school so is it right for one of the school employees to officiate games involving sevco? I wonder if a ref employed by the Kibble would be allowed to take charge of our games?

Could be interesting if we were playing Celtic 😉

21 minutes ago, HSS said:

Do you think that this thinly veiled link to Rangers is enough to make him make decisions to help them?

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do you think that this thinly veiled link to Rangers is enough to make him make decisions to help them?

All I’m saying is there is a conflict of interest and there shouldn’t be

2 hours ago, HSS said:

So by extension HSS should anyone who, in their work life, works for an employer who has a contract with any club be disbarred from officiating any of that clubs’ matches. Taking that further what about referees who have close family known to be supporters of certain clubs (Craig Thompson springs to mind), should they not be allowed to referee certain clubs. I understand the issues but Scotland doesn’t have a big enough pool of officials to go down this road imo….

Turning to matters footie.............. I trully didn't expect anything out of this game as we have a pretty abysmal record at Iprox and if you don't take any chance you get, then you pay for it.

Our season however will not be determined by results at either the east or west ends of Glasgow, it will be because we perform well at home and take good points occasionally away from home.

So the next two games are much more important to where we end up, than the 12 points to be fought over in Glasgow.

• shull changed the title to Rangers International FC v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 15/4/23