More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

That’s it, ridicule. That’s what people do when they don’t want to believe something that’s staring them in the face.I mean no individual harm but if you can’t actually see what is happening then by the time you do it will be too late.Evidence? Michelle Evans and others arrive in a blaze of publicity and leave in a moonlight flit without even being publicly thanked for their service. Low level departures are now the norm. Look at the Dome, it’s been down a while with no explanation as to why it will not be back at all. Ironically Faraway got it right saying help in his or her response to my post. I accept boys will be boys and make fun of what they don’t understand or don’t want to believe but you lot have your heads in the sand. As for paranoia well you know the saying there. Maybe you people making fun of me are insiders yourself!

That’s it, ridicule. That’s what people do when they don’t want to believe something that’s staring them in the face.I mean no individual harm but if you can’t actually see what is happening then by the time you do it will be too late.Evidence? Michelle Evans and others arrive in a blaze of publicity and leave in a moonlight flit without even being publicly thanked for their service. Low level departures are now the norm. Look at the Dome, it’s been down a while with no explanation as to why it will not be back at all. Ironically Faraway got it right saying help in his or her response to my post. I accept boys will be boys and make fun of what they don’t understand or don’t want to believe but you lot have your heads in the sand. As for paranoia well you know the saying there. Maybe you people making fun of me are insiders yourself!

I heard that the club is waiting on extra duct tape before they can patch up the dome. Apparently it's on order at ScrewFix.

Not sand, it's big bowls of jelly and ice cream we've had our faces in since Sunday.

Insiders? Pah! We Illuminati are on the outside, controlling everything like master puppeteers.

Maybe NASA could save billions on sending men back to the moon by doing away with the rockets and just use the existing wires you're already connected to the moon with as a pulley system to get them there and back. Just a thought.

33 minutes ago, glen said:

I'm not making fun of anyone.

I'm adding some balance to the one-sided angle that you're portraying. Incidentally, much of which goes on at other businesses as an everyday occurrence, without any mention.

P.S. I voted against Kibble involvement. So sorry to piss on your chips with regards to the "insiders" assertion.

Edited by FTOF

Sorry, glen.

only time your perspective stares us in the face is when you put it there.

we see week on week, St Mirren improving, attendances and satisfaction with the football rising, players appearing to be very happy.

Michelle Evans? No harm to her but… shrug.

her arrival’s “blaze of publicity” had as much impact on me as her disappearance.  Shrug.

Same with low level departures.  Maybe that’s how they should be?

I have little interest in back door, unsubstantiated gossip.

I admit to being interested in the players, the manager, the team.  And a wee bit of success on the park.

That’ll do me.  :)

Edited by antrin

13 minutes ago, glen said:

But you've provided no evidence to back your claims up whatsoever outside of 'I have a reliable source'.

If you are coming here with irrefutable proof of wrongdoings then many Saints supporters will be up in arms. We've seen in the last couple of years, it doesn't take a lot for St. Mirren fans to question WTF is going on.

The difference is though that on the public face of it, since last summer, the club has been run a whole lot better. Professional output, a stronger ticketing system, no real mumblings of wrongdoings or failings that often used to find their way out.

Your 'evidence' that a bam or bams slashed a big inflatable structure as proof irrefutable that there are systematic failings at the club is honestly quite comical. 

As for Michelle Evans arriving in a blaze of publicity....did she? As far as I recall she arrived every bit as quietly as she left. I don't recall a press release or certainly nothing heralding her arrival at the club. Possibly as mention in the newsletter. I don't even think I knew she worked for the club until recently.

I'm not saying that what you have written carries no merit. There does appear to be a hell of a lot of confirmation bias going on though. You don't like the Kibble. We get it. But to use departures on the quiet as a stick to beat the club with when the arrivals were also on the quiet (whilst claiming they weren't) comes off as you having a pretty sizeable agenda.

So long story short. Provide proof. Provide sources. If you are so concerned, go to the press. Someone out there will love having a scoop of this size landed on their desk with all the dirt and shenanigans that goes with it, particularly Saints friendly reporters such as Graeme McPherson, Douglas McNeill or even Scott Burns who also takes a keen interest in us. Rather than coming on here and slating supporters and SMISA backers for having our heads in the sand...if you are enlightened then you do something proactive with it and put your convictions out there to the press. You could save the club!

Or carry on coming on here and telling folk doomsday is coming and either disappear when it doesn't, or wring your hands and go 'told you, told you' when it does. As it stands, the burden of proof lies solely at your door so you cannot get agitated when folk ask for you to back up your accusations and assertions.

Seems Ms Evans started a new job in August according to her Linkedin profile,which shows her still at the club in September.

A very convenient redundacy it would seem. It is possible to have more than one job,especially in current times,so maybe a clash of interests.

Not a great fan of the Kibble involvement but as long as the work they do proves successful,so be it.

Those directors may even become St Mirren fans one day.

53 minutes ago, glen said:

You made a wrong claim about Lasley not being interviewed. Why should anyone believe any of your other baseless claims about the club? 

These ‘worries’ come up every few months & we are yet to see a single crystallised issue regarding the future of our club.

The reality is:

- We are 4th in the league 

- Have one of the most exciting squads in a long time with plenty of sellable assets & depth 

- The last accounts show we have plenty of money in the bank & SMISA reserves are building every month 

- Every Scottish club (bar Celtic) took the Covid loan, same as us. Claims we have used it all are both baseless & not really a concern even if true. We are largely out of Covid times regarding impact on the clubs income  

- The Kibble are doing what they were advertised to do, change the operation model. 

If you’re expectations were there would be zero ruffled feathers, missteps or issues with the changes at St Mirren under the new ownership model, fine. But it’s absolutely not reasonable to expect that. 

Edited by bazil85

3 hours ago, glen said:

I can help you with the Dome situation , it was very badly damaged in a vandalism attack a few weeks back. A fact which was covered on here, Twitter, Facebook & possibly other channels.  
As far I am aware , The users of the Dome were notified immediately . I know our group was. 
The repairs needed are extensive and no doubt expensive, a decision will have to be made regarding whether or not this will be worthwhile given its age , life expectancy and past issues and repairs. 
It affects me and my group directly but At this stage I’d rather direct my anger at the f**king scum who damaged it . 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I can help you with the Dome situation , it was very badly damaged in a vandalism attack a few weeks back. A fact which was covered on here, Twitter, Facebook & possibly other channels.  
As far I am aware , The users of the Dome were notified immediately . I know our group was. 
The repairs needed are extensive and no doubt expensive, a decision will have to be made regarding whether or not this will be worthwhile given its age , life expectancy and past issues and repairs. 
It affects me and my group directly but At this stage I’d rather direct my anger at the f**king scum who damaged it . 

I'm sure I read somewhere that the life expectancy of the dome was something like 6 or 7 years. Given we've now had it nearly a decade, is it a case that it's no longer viable to fix and exposed to the point that there's not a lot to stop the cunts doing it again?

5 hours ago, Slarti said:

I heard that the club is waiting on extra duct tape before they can patch up the dome. Apparently it's on order at ScrewFix.

Not sand, it's big bowls of jelly and ice cream we've had our faces in since Sunday.

Insiders? Pah! We Illuminati are on the outside, controlling everything like master puppeteers.

Maybe NASA could save billions on sending men back to the moon by doing away with the rockets and just use the existing wires you're already connected to the moon with as a pulley system to get them there and back. Just a thought.

I can confirm that is true i was there when the order came in,  Club were given the option of collection or delivery and choose delivery with a 3 week lead time as no one knew where the nearest Screwfix was..

I can now confirm the duct tape has now arrived and was given to Campbell Kennedy but no one can find him

Breaking Free Big Cat GIF by Barstool Sports

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

So basically are we (once again) writing of the ‘kibble bad’ agenda as completely baseless? 

Is this guy LPM? 😂

Well, I've read from a few different people that things are bad, which worries me. Like most on here, I genuinely care for the club, so reading that something's wrong does evoke some concern in me. 

However, I know that some folk were steadfastly opposed to Kibble, for reasons unknown, and their opposition bordered on pathological hatred of them. Furthermore, the club appears to be flourishing on the field and attendances are healthy. The club announced we were in a good financial position during the lockdowns, so it's unclear why we would now be in a financially precarious state.

I will reserve judgement, but I am hoping these rumours are nothing more than paranoid speculation, or sophisticated trolling.

I was and am still thoroughly opposed to Kibble having shares in the club for reasons previously stated, ie why have a shareholding when a partnership arrangement would have worked as well but I am also unconvinced by the rumours of financial meltdown being touted by others I guess we'll see when the accounts are produced but what is clear is that the product on the field is currently an improvement and witb that and the anticipated higher league position that it should bring will also lead to financial gains.

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

I was and am still thoroughly opposed to Kibble having shares in the club for reasons previously stated, ie why have a shareholding when a partnership arrangement would have worked as well but I am also unconvinced by the rumours of financial meltdown being touted by others I guess we'll see when the accounts are produced but what is clear is that the product on the field is currently an improvement and witb that and the anticipated higher league position that it should bring will also lead to financial gains.

Because it's in someone's interest, ready to pounce. The two parties involve, only one is making gains and it's not SMISA. 

Let's not bury our heads in the sand, we are in debt. McGinn not moving hasn't helped, could have done with much need cash.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:33 AM, W6er said:

Well, I've read from a few different people that things are bad, which worries me. Like most on here, I genuinely care for the club, so reading that something's wrong does evoke some concern in me. 

However, I know that some folk were steadfastly opposed to Kibble, for reasons unknown, and their opposition bordered on pathological hatred of them. Furthermore, the club appears to be flourishing on the field and attendances are healthy. The club announced we were in a good financial position during the lockdowns, so it's unclear why we would now be in a financially precarious state.

I will reserve judgement, but I am hoping these rumours are nothing more than paranoid speculation, or sophisticated trolling.

I think it’s a mix between the snowball effect and those with an agenda against the Kibble.

I feel it’s pretty convenient that those with ‘sources’ are those who were anti-Kibble & no one who was for the fan ownership model has (seemingly) seen a shred of evidence. 

The accounts next year will be telling but no doubt they’ll still be spun by some if they’re strong. 

20 hours ago, pod said:

Because it's in someone's interest, ready to pounce. The two parties involve, only one is making gains and it's not SMISA. 

Let's not bury our heads in the sand, we are in debt. McGinn not moving hasn't helped, could have done with much need cash.

SMISA aren’t making gains? Every month their bank balances get healthier to support the club & they own a football club who are 4th in the league with multiple internationals/ sellable assets & great depth. 

By what parameters aren’t they making gains? 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

SMISA aren’t making gains? Every month their bank balances get healthier to support the club & they own a football club who are 4th in the league with multiple internationals/ sellable assets & great depth. 

By what parameters aren’t they making gains? 

Not in their entirety. Someone couldn't wait and sell his shares to the people that mattered. 

5 hours ago, pod said:

Not in their entirety. Someone couldn't wait and sell his shares to the people that mattered. 

They were never going to own them in their entirety. Pretty irrelevant anyway, they’re majority shareholders, we are fan owned & we have an ownership model as voted by St Mirren fans.