More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'm assuming that would be for a full time position, not what we are advertising for? 

Yeah I’d assume so too.  But pro rata our rate of £12.50 ph is well above the minimum and as I said previously, we are looking for an 1.3. Level coach so I’d say that this would be a good position for someone looking to progress their coaching career . 

The average on the graph I posted will be skewed quite considerably by higher paid and much higher qualified coaches . Would be interesting to see the min/ max / average for Level 1 coaches. 

14 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

most working weeks are 36-38 hours so this realy orks out around 24000, so maybe a take home of 1600 quid per month  Not exactly liveable if you have a commute

Considering the equivalent minimum wage would be around £19,136 8 wouldn’t say it’s a bad salary at all. 

16 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Would work out at around the £26k mark for an ft doing a 40 hour week. Not too bad I would say. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That isn’t remotely what I said. I was comparing it as an equivalent regarding FTE (full time equivalent) 

I know what you said, but bringing in 40 hours and the £26k figure was, as usual, over egging things when this is a part time position, at a stretch. 

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I know what you said, but bringing in 40 hours and the £26k figure was, as usual, over egging things when this is a part time position, at a stretch. 

You were saying the hourly rate wasn’t great. It’s not a bad hourly rate at all, well ahead of minimum wage & it equates to circa £26k a week for a standard 40 hours. At the company I work for, there are full time managerial roles with a lower (comparable) starting salary. 

You’d argue black is white on here. 😂

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You were saying the hourly rate wasn’t great. It’s not a bad hourly rate at all, well ahead of minimum wage & it equates to circa £26k a week for a standard 40 hours. At the company I work for, there are full time managerial roles with a lower (comparable) starting salary. 

26k a week not to be sniffed at.

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Managers are lower than £12.50 an hour? :lol:

49 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Lollipop men/women can get just over £11 an hour, and with more hours than this "coach" is getting so will be considerably better off.

Vacancy Information - Hourly rate of pay: £10.18 - £11.08 - Monday - Thursday, 07:15-15:30 - Friday, 07:15-13:45 - To start asap.

2 hours ago, pod said:

26k a week not to be sniffed at.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Almost as much as I get in a normal week. 😉

😬😬😬

Managers are lower than £12.50 an hour? :lol:

Yep, starting managerial wage is £24,500 p/a 

Lollipop men/women can get just over £11 an hour, and with more hours than this "coach" is getting so will be considerably better off.

Vacancy Information - Hourly rate of pay: £10.18 - £11.08 - Monday - Thursday, 07:15-15:30 - Friday, 07:15-13:45 - To start asap.

My comment was only on the hourly rate, not the hours. 

Today’s late rally more than makes up for the ridicule on here. At half time I heard from an academy parent that the assistant sports scientist a Mr Ford has left. But much worse head of goalkeeping and coach Ross Paterson has been made redundant. Paterson is another long serving employee who has left with no public thanks on the website.

The parent told me the players and their families are dumbfounded. Paterson was very popular and well respected and was known to some since he ran the community coaching side years ago. We were also told by a staff member that behind the scenes pressure is intense and that forced changes are being openly discussed at all levels of the club.

A director is about to resign due to boardroom unrest. Our club tells us nothing and our best people continue to leave and not be replaced.

Apparently Dean Lyness has left as part of desperate cost cutting with no acknowledgement. It’s obvious the club does not want to draw attention to all this and SMISA are silent.

It’s great the team is doing so well, my son enjoyed the last 15 minutes today as much as I did, but don’t let that blind you to what is going on.

Any word on the dome?

31 minutes ago, glen said:

Today’s late rally more than makes up for the ridicule on here. At half time I heard from an academy parent that the assistant sports scientist a Mr Ford has left. But much worse head of goalkeeping and coach Ross Paterson has been made redundant. Paterson is another long serving employee who has left with no public thanks on the website.

The parent told me the players and their families are dumbfounded. Paterson was very popular and well respected and was known to some since he ran the community coaching side years ago. We were also told by a staff member that behind the scenes pressure is intense and that forced changes are being openly discussed at all levels of the club.

A director is about to resign due to boardroom unrest. Our club tells us nothing and our best people continue to leave and not be replaced.

Apparently Dean Lyness has left as part of desperate cost cutting with no acknowledgement. It’s obvious the club does not want to draw attention to all this and SMISA are silent.

It’s great the team is doing so well, my son enjoyed the last 15 minutes today as much as I did, but don’t let that blind you to what is going on.

Any word on the dome?

Quick. Duck. 

Incoming... ... 

2 hours ago, glen said:

Any word on the dome?

Personally, I'm dumfounded.