More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

1 hour ago, YulBrynner said:

I have not posted for a long time due to the childlike abuse - like this - you inevitably get in reply. I do not do social media for the same reason. It was a post simply to inform you all that Alan had announced his resignation in front of me and a very large audience and that it would be easy for anyone to confirm Ross had been made redundant for the short time taken to send an e-mail or make a phone call. It does not help your case to “shoot the messenger” when you simply don’t want to accept the message. These are the facts. They should not be ignored.

and nobody can disprove what you say.

1 hour ago, YulBrynner said:

I have not posted for a long time due to the childlike abuse - like this - you inevitably get in reply. I do not do social media for the same reason. It was a post simply to inform you all that Alan had announced his resignation in front of me and a very large audience and that it would be easy for anyone to confirm Ross had been made redundant for the short time taken to send an e-mail or make a phone call. It does not help your case to “shoot the messenger” when you simply don’t want to accept the message. These are the facts. They should not be ignored.

Those may well be the facts but the reasons you gave are the parts others suggest is, at the very least, unproven.

6 minutes ago, glen said:

So. Alan Wardrop gone, Ross Paterson gone. George Adam gone. No word on the Club or Smisa web pages. Who will be next ? More to go I hear. Let's just wait and see. Please. No need to reply to this when you get home from school guys.

You can't leave us hanging like that. Who's next to go?

Is it individual(s) that are responsible? Or a collective group? 

Can you tell us where you're getting the info? 

Wardrop announced he was stepping down to his mates in the 1877 club , big George is stepping down as Smisa Chairman due pressure of work, and Paterson likely to be replaced by Langfield ? The club are still signing boys of all ages so I wouldn't worry about the Academy being wound down any time soon !

45 minutes ago, billyg said:

Wardrop announced he was stepping down to his mates in the 1877 club , big George is stepping down as Smisa Chairman due pressure of work, and Paterson likely to be replaced by Langfield ? The club are still signing boys of all ages so I wouldn't worry about the Academy being wound down any time soon !

Wardrop won’t be missed.

Just now, Oldfellow said:

I haven't a clue what state the clubs finances are in but surely making savings isn't always because of financial troubles. Being as efficient as possible is what any worthwhile business will strive for eg to increase funds to improve the standard of playing squad .

Neither does anyone who posts on here.

In the current financial climate, many businesses are making savings. Why should we be any different?

It's extremely unfortunate that employees are losing their jobs, but it's hardly unheard of at businesses of our size.

I think in amongst all the whataboutery and conspiracy theories about what certain things mean, there is also a genuine concern over transparency within SMISA.

I've long thought of the SMISA board as well meaning fans who put in, doubtless, effort and time, but it has a real feel of a closed shop. Now that George has resigned, they come up with a statement saying they will announce his successor soon.

Do they just decide that between themselves? Maybe they've decided to finally forego any illusion of democracy.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I know of at least one lad being taken on. I doubt he'll be alone.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Maybe it's not the academy one should be worried about. :whistle

The youth academy fairly recently achieved elite status, (previously classed as "progressive"), so I'm sceptical of anyone who suggests the club would put that status in jeopardy

About Us (stmirren.com)

ABOUT US

The St Mirren Youth Academy is the only Youth Academy in Scotland, outwith Celtic and Rangers, to reach a 5 Star Elite rating from the Scottish FA.The criteria based system requires that the Academy reaches certain standards in a range of different areas, from medical facilities, coach qualifications and technical/tactical development plans.

What ever happened to the devil you know.  Not wearing your reasoning. 
We're a club who have improved both on and off the pitch in the past year.

Why should that not be extended to the academy?

If we adopted your reasoning, we'd not have Keith Lasley at the club.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think in amongst all the whataboutery and conspiracy theories about what certain things mean, there is also a genuine concern over transparency within SMISA.

I've long thought of the SMISA board as well meaning fans who put in, doubtless, effort and time, but it has a real feel of a closed shop. Now that George has resigned, they come up with a statement saying they will announce his successor soon.

Do they just decide that between themselves? Maybe they've decided to finally forego any illusion of democracy.

The Smisa Directors elect one of them to be Chairman  as that's in the constitution  and it's the same for every company in the land.

Not saying this is the reason, but if the club wants to go in a certain direction but the current staff don't fit that model, perhaps a decision was made to change it up?

Results on the park have been good, perhaps the manager wants to change the youth structure to match his philosophy? 

Without reasons being given by the club, that's just a theory - but that would be how any well run business would look at it

17 hours ago, pod said:

So why suddenly is some of the coaching staff not deemed good enough. :unsure: