More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

On 10/3/2022 at 5:34 PM, HSS said:

It’s almost as if some want St Mirren to fail 🤷

I think John that we have  fans who are rightly concerned that we have overspent.We have attracted players with international experience who do not come cheap and as such blew our budget out the water.Add the spiralling costs at Ralston, and yes its fair to say we are not in the best financial situation at the moment.Its how the board are reacting to this that will define us going forward.Income must be more than expenditure to overcome any deficit we are accruing.

We should not think that all the supporters questioning the finances want us to fail or are mischievous but are indeed just concerned fans.St Mirren football club,next to family is the most important part of most of our lifes and i do not know of anyone who would want us to fail.

2 hours ago, northendsaint said:

I think John that we have  fans who are rightly concerned that we have overspent.We have attracted players with international experience who do not come cheap and as such blew our budget out the water.Add the spiralling costs at Ralston, and yes its fair to say we are not in the best financial situation at the moment.Its how the board are reacting to this that will define us going forward.Income must be more than expenditure to overcome any deficit we are accruing.

We should not think that all the supporters questioning the finances want us to fail or are mischievous but are indeed just concerned fans.St Mirren football club,next to family is the most important part of most of our lifes and i do not know of anyone who would want us to fail.

Regarding the financial situation of the club, there is certainly a difference between a healthy inquisitive nature & an unhealthy paranoia that the club are doomed to fail. The latter is often what we see on BAWA.

You’d think the club had been on the brink practically every year of the last decade (and before no doubt) by the nonsense we see on here. 

There’s an even worse group of people who were so against the Kibble, they are almost willing the baseless hearsay to be true. Because, being proven right is more of a desire than the well-being of the club.

Can’t help but think they’re often trying to convince themselves of these stories than anyone else. 

2 hours ago, northendsaint said:

I'm certainly not ITK, but i was surprised by the level of business we did in the summer. Carson and Gallagher are both full internationals in the prime of their career, they wouldn't have been cheap. Add into that Baccus, Strain, Ayunga and the rest and the club clearly pushed the boat out in the summer, and we are now seeing the benefits of that on the park.

The murmurings of things not being right behind the scenes have been happening for a while, and in the last seven days two directors have resigned. Is there anything to it? I have no idea. Surely a fan owned club wouldn't sanction over spending...?

17 minutes ago, alanb said:

Although he did say, a SLIGHT percentage so it's possible that he just anticipated one, (maybe Joe or Richard), leaving.  

ETA. Maybe even "Chilly D" as it was reported Aberdeen wanted him, pre season.

Edited by stlucifer

17 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Although he did say, a SLIGHT percentage so it's possible that he just anticipated one, (maybe Joe or Richard), leaving.  

The point of my post was that the manager had made public comments and no secret of the club finance situation 

Not quite the meltdown suggested but I am sure the board will manage it prudently 

Continued success on the park will also help mitigate the stretching of budget 

3 minutes ago, pod said:

Surely a fan owned club would by now rubbish this hear say. 

Well the accounts will make interesting reading, they can't hide it for much longer if we are in financial trouble. If we are i just can't get my head around why it has been allowed to happen. 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Well the accounts will make interesting reading, they can't hide it for much longer if we are in financial trouble. If we are i just can't get my head around why it has been allowed to happen. 

Correct me if I'm wrong (not unheard of) but would that be last season's accounts. 

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What has happened to Olusanya? Wiki still reporting him as our player. I know he was shite, but are we still wasting a wage on him or has he gone? 

He’s injured, think it was his foot. He’s got two years on his deal & based on the games I seen, I doubt anyone will be going near him anytime soon. 

Hopefully he comes back and shows big improvements. 

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What has happened to Olusanya? Wiki still reporting him as our player. I know he was shite, but are we still wasting a wage on him or has he gone? 

He’s injured and he’s hardly had a chance, the whole team were shite at the start of the season during the league cup group stage so it’s a bit premature to write this guy off just yet.

7 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He’s injured and he’s hardly had a chance, the whole team were shite at the start of the season during the league cup group stage so it’s a bit premature to write this guy off just yet.

Fair point although he did look particularly guff.

I assume this has been a long term injury as I’ve not seen him in a squad for ages. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fair point although he did look particularly guff.

I assume this has been a long term injury as I’ve not seen him in a squad for ages. 

I thought a lot of them looked guff, Strain looked well off it and now look at him, key player and gets better every week.

Let’s see how this guy is once he is up to speed mate.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Both or maybe just one of, plus for me the biggie is Brophy. If we can offload him that should help.

We may sell also. Possibly Erhahon ?

Edited by lenziebud

31 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Both or maybe just one of, plus for me the biggie is Brophy. If we can offload him that should help.

We may sell also. Possibly Erhahon ?

Wouldn't be too disappointed if the below all left. Replaced with 3 or 4 new signings would be ideal. 

Tait

Shaughnessy

Flynn

Brophy

Lyness

Olusanya

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He broke his toe about a month ago and will be out for a wee while.

Considering we signed Gogic so late on in the window, it would hardly make you thinking we’re at breaking point or a club spiralling to oblivion. 

Would like to think that worst case scenario was that we expected to move 2-3 players on and that fell through. Dunne and Erhahon also could have attracted a fee if we were in any way banking on anticipated money. Shaugnessy/Kiltie also looked like potentially going. I’m sure we’ll have exits in January if needed. 

On the plus side - if we can make a real go at continuing this form, every league place is worth £80k? Every year we throw league position away while scrimping and saving in other areas.