More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Smisa can remove Kibble directors any time ,but they don t ,so why?

The terms of the fan ownership model means Kibble are entitled to comparable representation on the board.

It would only be worth removing them if it was felt they were doing a poor job. Because whoever replaced them, would be Kibble linked also. 

19 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The terms of the fan ownership model means Kibble are entitled to comparable representation on the board.

It would only be worth removing them if it was felt they were doing a poor job. Because whoever replaced them, would be Kibble linked also. 

That seems to have changed. The club registered a form PSCO5 with the  FCA last August to say that Smisa ,with more than 50% of the shares, are the legal entity that has the right to appoint or remove a majority  of the Directors of the Board.

That seems to have changed. The club registered a form PSCO5 with the  FCA last August to say that Smisa ,with more than 50% of the shares, are the legal entity that has the right to appoint or remove a majority  of the Directors of the Board.

How is that incompatible with what he said?

6 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

They do have that right but that isn't at odds with the reality the Kibble need representation on the board to reflect their shares. That document is just linked to the completion of the deal. SMISA can in theory veto/ remove a Kibble representative, but the next nomination will still need to be from the Kibble. 

You've brought up this point a few times before, it isn't and won't change that the Kibble will be represented on the board. If you don't believe me, email the club and they'll confirm. 

On 10/3/2022 at 8:20 PM, FTOF said:

Successful businesses strive to improve year on year.

Sometimes good staff are replaced by better staff.

It's called life.

Agree. People forget that when SGG and his clique were trying to sell the club they basically stopped all investment in the club, financial and resource. They also sold the club with a legacy of issues due to lack of investment. The undersoil heating being a prime example.

A lot of the people that were mentioned early in the thread that have gone were only employed with St Mirren due to the family or friend connections.

8 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Agree. People forget that when SGG and his clique were trying to sell the club they basically stopped all investment in the club, financial and resource. They also sold the club with a legacy of issues due to lack of investment. The undersoil heating being a prime example.

A lot of the people that were mentioned early in the thread that have gone were only employed with St Mirren due to the family or friend connections.

The undersoil heating issues relates back to certain GLS lack of operational awareness in readying the stadium. Just like the backup generator that was not serviced for a good long while resulting in a partial stadium closure when RC discovered the H&S issue. No need to continually point the finger at SGG Mr Dickson.

11 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

The undersoil heating issues relates back to certain GLS lack of operational awareness in readying the stadium. Just like the backup generator that was not serviced for a good long while resulting in a partial stadium closure when RC discovered the H&S issue. No need to continually point the finger at SGG Mr Dickson.

I recall not long after the GLS takeover SMISA being asked to put their hand in their pocket to pay for long term issues with the undersoil heating system that pre-dated the takeover. Happy for someone to review the timeline

I suspect that between both of us that one of us is called Stewart. 

11 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

It was installed as per the league rules.

The alternative was being potentially demoted. 

Installed in our last season at Love Street. We asked for it to be delayed as we were moving. Think we may have used it once if we were lucky.

13 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I recall not long after the GLS takeover SMISA being asked to put their hand in their pocket to pay for long term issues with the undersoil heating system that pre-dated the takeover. Happy for someone to review the timeline

And Bud the Baker, who left in a huge, inexplicable Huff, is the other.  

welcome back Bud!   :)

14 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

My name is not Stewart.

Trust me I am not SGG your arch nemesis.

Your first name however is Stuart. That’s a fact Mr D.

We all know your surname.

13 hours ago, pod said:

Installed in our last season at Love Street. We asked for it to be delayed as we were moving. Think we may have used it once if we were lucky.

You are completely missing the point. Don’t know why.

Our last game at Love Street was 3rd January 2009.

You are correct that the club asked for special dispensation to use adequate “winter pitch protection” when we were promoted in 2006 under Gus McPherson, however the SPL top flight rules were very challenging for clubs like ourselves in that we had to introduce a number of things to get promoted AND stay in the top flight dating back to the 99/00 season when we were promoted under Tom “The Gardener” Hendrie.

- additional seats to meet the 10,000 stadium criteria

- undersoil heating at Love Street and also at Greenhill Road at the same time. 

Interesting that Motherwell were heavily criticised for their long standing pitch and undersoil heating fiasco in December 2008.

Now given that we were in the top flight from 06/07 until 14/15 your recollection of the undersoil heating at Love Street is incorrect. It was first installed as part of the promotion season of 99/00.

What I believe the BoD at St Mirren wanted to do was to be able to migrate all or part of the functioning system at Love St to Greenhill Rd which was denied by the league authorities.

Undersoil heating rules and restrictions on (by now) 6,000 all seated stadiums in the top flight were scrapped on 12th January 2013.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20997587

When Inverness CT won promotion to the Scottish Premier League (SPL) in 2004, they faced a problem in that the Caledonian Stadium did not meet a SPL requirement for stadiums to have 10,000 seats. At that time, the Caledonian Stadium had a total capacity of 6,280 and only 2,280 seats. Inverness CT agreed to groundshare with Aberdeen at Pittodrie. The SPL initially rejected the groundsharing application, but accepted it on appeal. The SPL also voted to reduce the 10,000 seat requirement to 6,000. Inverness CT played at Pittodrie for the first two rounds of fixtures of the 2004–05 season, while redevelopment works were carried out at the Caledonian Stadium.

I am sure that SGG and his BoD likely looked at the option of ground sharing as part of the strategy to get a compliant stadium but SPL rule makers were bastards to us. 

On 10/18/2022 at 11:56 PM, SuperSaints1877 said:

My name is not Stewart.

Trust me I am not SGG your arch nemesis.

Your first name however is Stuart. That’s a fact Mr D.

We all know your surname.

I can’t be Mr D……. Stuart Mr D, especially if i am Lawrence Stud

Back to topic. Business changes at the club being portrayed as an Armageddon followed by potential new Directors on the SMISA board and Club. It’s like a story from Scooby Doo. 

Probably not and it’s just routine stuff that goes on at normal functioning businesses, nepotism, staff moving on, changes at the top. Then a lot of shit stirring on social media by the ITK crowd.

Just saw on twitter that there's been yet another resignation from SmISA Board. How many more?
Hearing its the journalist Mr McPherson. Is he distancing himself I wonder given he's a sports journo.
Losing count of the resignations from SMiSA and the Club's board now.
No smoke as they say. Big meeting coming up soon.

5 hours ago, glen said:

Just saw on twitter that there's been yet another resignation from SmISA Board. How many more?
Hearing its the journalist Mr McPherson. Is he distancing himself I wonder given he's a sports journo.

How Big is this meeting going to be. Should SMISA hire out the Hydro or just stick to meeting in the pub.

6 hours ago, glen said:

Yesterday SMiSA tweeted this and the link to the latest update indicates who has stood down and due process to replace them

Also announced new Chair

No mention of other resignations