More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

2 hours ago, alanb said:

Yesterday SMiSA tweeted this and the link to the latest update indicates who has stood down and due process to replace them

Also announced new Chair

No mention of other resignations 

What's Fred doing these days. Not short of a Bob or two.

Hey @bazil85

I’ll buy you a drink at the next SMiSA meeting if you are going?  

You sit in the camp that everything’s fine and we are really well run on and off the park.

I’m told that things are not as rosy as you are making out off the park.

I really hope the news I’m hearing is complete bollocks. I sincerely hope that my sources are talking shite.

I’m happy to stand you a drink. What do you say?

20 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Hey @bazil85

You sit in the camp that everything’s fine and we are really well run on and off the park.

I really hope the news I’m hearing is complete bollocks. I sincerely hope that my sources are talking shite.

Who's telling you this ? I've heard these rumours from a few people,  but nobody seems to say where its coming from.

18 minutes ago, munoz said:

Who's telling you this ? I've heard these rumours from a few people,  but nobody seems to say where it’s coming from.

According to Baz it’s the voices in my head.

Just look at the recent resignations from SMISA committee and the club board. 

No one is willing to speak out publicly. I’m certainly not go to reveal my sources as I’m sure you can understand.

17 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

According to Baz it’s the voices in my head.

Just look at the recent resignations from SMISA committee and the club board. 

No one is willing to speak out publicly. I’m certainly not go to reveal my sources as I’m sure you can understand.

Fair enough. I suppose we'll all just have to wait and see.

I feel things won't be as bad as some fear.

At the last public SMISA meeting the 4 club directors could not tell the audience that night despite repeated questions what the estimated profit/loss was on 31st May 2022 which was the financial year end.

Needham (chair - SMISA elected),

White (SMISA elected)

Gillespie (vice chair - Kibble)

McMillan (Kibble)

We only lost £45,000 the season before which was the Covid season.

Surely we would have been around those figures? I’d have expected with the vast experience of these guys having worked at massive companies like RBS, Abbelio, and Kibble with budgets 10 times or 100 times larger than St Mirren to have their fingers on the pulse. 

The guys asking those questions of the BoD that night were well known Saints fans.

One was even the chairman when we had to deal with Reg Brealey.

The other guy was a well known SMISA member who had been involved since SMISA began way back in the early 00’s.

If those guys are asking questions and they don’t get honest answers from elected SMISA representatives then I start to wonder what’s going on at our club.

I really hope that Needham and White know what they are doing and that all is well financially at our club. These guys would have been responsible for huge budgets in their previous careers.

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Hey @bazil85

I don’t usually attend SMISA/ St Mirren meetings if I’m honest. Busy life and all that. 

Tell you what though. If the club is actually in demise as people have baselessly claimed on here for years, (since the SMISA deal was signed off and probably before). I’ll buy you a bottle  of champagne at the announcement for your ‘told you so’ celebration. 

My bet is (as usual) it will just be more bluster. Remember posters like LPM & Dicko used to near enough blow a fuse at the impending implosion of Gordon Scott’s St Mirren. We all know how that turned out. 👍

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t usually attend SMISA/ St Mirren meetings if I’m honest. Busy life and all that. 

Tell you what though. If the club is actually in demise as people have baselessly claimed on here for years, (since the SMISA deal was signed off and probably before). I’ll buy you a bottle  of champagne at the announcement for your ‘told you so’ celebration. 

My bet is (as usual) it will just be more bluster. Remember posters like LPM & Dicko used to near enough blow a fuse at the impending implosion of Gordon Scott’s St Mirren. We all know how that turned out. 👍

Baz.  Ask yourself these questions?

Why has the chair of SMiSA resigned?

Why has a BoD SMiSA representative (brought onto the board due to his success as an IFA) resigned before the accounts have been released and the AGM held?

Why have other elected representatives of the SMiSA committee recently resigned?

If everything is as good as you say it is why are these people resigning within days of each other?

Why have so many experienced staff been asked to leave the St Mirren Limited company during the last 18 months?

Why have so many of the replacements to these legacy staff left within months of being appointed?

Why have we had two General Managers supplied free of charge in the last 18 months?

Why has the academy at Ralston seen many staff made redundant if we are one of the Elite academies in the country?

Why have there been so many delays in the upgrade to the academy? Has that work actually finished yet as the last meeting SMiSA had it was announced that it was still ongoing.

I’ve obviously missed the news on the official site if it has been announced. My apologies.

14 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Why has a BoD SMiSA representative (brought onto the board due to his success as an IFA) resigned before the accounts have been released and the AGM held?

Why have other elected representatives of the SMiSA committee recently resigned?

If everything is as good as you say it is why are these people resigning within days of each other?

Why have so many experienced staff been asked to leave the St Mirren Limited company during the last 18 months?

Why have so many of the replacements to these legacy staff left within months of being appointed?

Why have we had two General Managers supplied free of charge in the last 18 months?

Why has the academy at Ralston seen many staff made redundant if we are one of the Elite academies in the country?

Why have there been so many delays in the upgrade to the academy? Has that work actually finished yet as the last meeting SMiSA had it was announced that it was still ongoing.

I’ve obviously missed the news on the official site if it has been announced. My apologies.

So many questions and so few answers from someone who's ITK. :lol:

@bazil85

Why won’t you attend this one meeting?

Are you that busy you can’t schedule 2 hours at the stadium on a week night?

I don’t think you have any children so it’s not as though you need to stay in and read them a bed time story.

Go on. Meet me and I’ll buy you a drink at the bar, and I’ll shake your hand at the end when you are proven right.

There will only be celebrations on my part if what you are telling us is true.

So please keep your champagne. Enjoy the satisfaction that we are successful on and off the park. 

I don’t actually drink alcohol.

I was one of the many supporters who bought shares when Mr Gilmour and his consortium required money to save the club in the 90’s.

Money most of us could not afford, but we did so because we wanted our club to survive. I still have those shares. They are worthless but priceless to me as I did something to help my club survive one of the hardest times in our history.

This problem was largely caused by a certain player-manager spending huge transfer fees, signing on fees and wages on players we could not afford on payers lie Stickroth, Torfason, Wishart, Manley, Archibald, Victor, etc following the 1987 cup final. I think we only got a small fee back on Torfason when he was sold to St Johnstone.

I’d like to hope you were one of those supporters who helped keep the club going in the 90s.

Without Mr Gilmour and his consortium we would not have a football club as we know it today.

Whether you like him or not he and his friends saved us many times over the next 20+ years at the detriment of their own personal and business lives.

I really hope you are correct and everything is tickety boo and that we don’t face a situation as difficult as back then.

We are about to hit a massive economic problem with widespread job losses, house repossessions and increased cost of living. 

Maybe you are a very wealthy individual who can cope with all this.

If so then IF the shite does hit the fan at our football club, hopefully you and your friends business associates can do what Mr Gilmour and his friends did and rescue our club.

Or would you not have the time to help?

I wonder just how many hours Mr Gilmour, Mr McAusland, and Mr Campbell “invested” in our football club over those years instead of spending time with their families, businesses or on the golf course?

I will say this once more.

I really hope what I’m hearing is complete “bluster and bollocks”.

I sincerely hope what I’ve been told is lies and those responsible will be ignored by me in future.

If you honestly think I would celebrate St Mirren being in any financial difficulty then that says more about you than me. 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So many questions and so few answers from someone who's ITK. :lol:

I don’t have the answers. That’s why I’m asking!

Do you know the answers? Does @bazil85 ?

Will we ever find out the truth?

A question I’ve always wanted to know the answer to….

Who first brought the idea of the Kibble buying into our football club when the SMiSA membership numbers paying in were well ahead of the Gordon Scott pay back scheme?

I think it was a 10 year plan and because the SMiSA Membership was oversubscribed we were due to pay him his money back far earlier than originally planned.

5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Hey @bazil85

A generous offer but in no way will the shoitebag accept. All bluster. No gumption.

Go on Baz... I dare you... I'll double his pint offer or even buy the crisps! 

Man enough or happy remaining a keyboard warrior wimp with no actual credibility? 

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Might have been... But you just bested it without even trying. Such a natural.

I take it you're pushed again when baiting unnecessarily at this time in the morning?.

Tired of playing with yourself? 

Typical ironic replay from the biggest coward on the forum, not to mention cracking spelling. :1eye

You're obsession with masterbaiting is a worry, is that why you're banned from the town centre? :lol:

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Typical ironic replay from the biggest coward on the forum, not to mention cracking spelling. :1eye

You're obsession with masterbaiting is a worry, is that why you're banned from the town centre? :lol:

Spelling was deliberate ya wink (sic)

I'm polite like that.

Not my fault if you try to buy fail to be the master baiter of the forum.

No likee someone speaking up bully boy? 

So sorry. 

Obviously forgot it was your playground! Baz and his deflection are to blame. 😂

7 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

The Kibble were brought in because of their capability to change our operating model & make us more cost effective. If you thought that would happen with absolutely no movement of colleagues, fine. I think that’s quite unrealistic. 

I also don’t think it’s realistic for such wide ranging changes to have a degree of pain. For me, that’s probably all we are seeing. 

As others have said, if we were in huge financial turmoil, I doubt we would have signed Gogic & earlier, I don’t think we would have paid six figures for a contracted manager. 

Edited by bazil85

7 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

@bazil85

Why won’t you attend this one meeting?

Are you that busy you can’t schedule 2 hours at the stadium on a week night?

I don’t think you have any children so it’s not as though you need to stay in and read them a bed time story.

Go on. Meet me and I’ll buy you a drink at the bar, and I’ll shake your hand at the end when you are proven right.

There will only be celebrations on my part if what you are telling us is true.

So please keep your champagne. Enjoy the satisfaction that we are successful on and off the park. 

I don’t actually drink alcohol.

I was one of the many supporters who bought shares when Mr Gilmour and his consortium required money to save the club in the 90’s.

Money most of us could not afford, but we did so because we wanted our club to survive. I still have those shares. They are worthless but priceless to me as I did something to help my club survive one of the hardest times in our history.

This problem was largely caused by a certain player-manager spending huge transfer fees, signing on fees and wages on players we could not afford on payers lie Stickroth, Torfason, Wishart, Manley, Archibald, Victor, etc following the 1987 cup final. I think we only got a small fee back on Torfason when he was sold to St Johnstone.

I’d like to hope you were one of those supporters who helped keep the club going in the 90s.

Without Mr Gilmour and his consortium we would not have a football club as we know it today.

Whether you like him or not he and his friends saved us many times over the next 20+ years at the detriment of their own personal and business lives.

I really hope you are correct and everything is tickety boo and that we don’t face a situation as difficult as back then.

We are about to hit a massive economic problem with widespread job losses, house repossessions and increased cost of living. 

Maybe you are a very wealthy individual who can cope with all this.

If so then IF the shite does hit the fan at our football club, hopefully you and your friends business associates can do what Mr Gilmour and his friends did and rescue our club.

Or would you not have the time to help?

I wonder just how many hours Mr Gilmour, Mr McAusland, and Mr Campbell “invested” in our football club over those years instead of spending time with their families, businesses or on the golf course?

I will say this once more.

I really hope what I’m hearing is complete “bluster and bollocks”.

I sincerely hope what I’ve been told is lies and those responsible will be ignored by me in future.

If you honestly think I would celebrate St Mirren being in any financial difficulty then that says more about you than me. 

- I don’t stay in Paisley 

- yes I do have a (very young) child 

- I have nothing but respect for Gilmour. Unlike others, I don’t think we can say a bad word against him given what he did for our club & his prudence in selling to SMISA over other options. 

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

A generous offer but in no way will the shoitebag accept. All bluster. No gumption.

Go on Baz... I dare you... I'll double his pint offer or even buy the crisps! 

Man enough or happy remaining a keyboard warrior wimp with no actual credibility? 

Foaming at the mouth. 😂