More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Chat about nothing to do with the game DURING the game then nothing since? 

Celebrating your draw with Livi? 

As I said, I PERSONALLY think it’s disappointing St Mirren fans resort to these ‘you must support “insert bigot”’’ tactics. 

But that’s just me. Maybe (new) Rangers mean so much to you, you can’t see by them regarding teams to support? 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As I said, I PERSONALLY think it’s disappointing St Mirren fans resort to these ‘you must support “insert bigot”’’ tactics. 

But that’s just me. Maybe (new) Rangers mean so much to you, you can’t see by them regarding teams to support? 🤷‍♂️

Selective in your response as ever. Avoided the ones that actually matter rather than the ones that give you a platform to be a victim. 😂

2 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Today we again got a crowd over 6200 fans. We won are top 4 and will likely get similar when we play fake saints. Untill I see proof I don't see any reason not to be optimistic about our future. 

Portsmouth fans felt everything was going well on and off the pitch.

Unfortunately on the field success meant huge bonuses that basically killed that club off. The players had all sorts of bonus payments paid out for winning the FA cup and getting into Europe that it financially crippled the club

https://taleoftwohalves.uk/featured/how-not-to-run-a-club-pompey

1 hour ago, Jockmd said:

The club's financial situation is getting worse due to to the payment of win bonuses.   Long may it continue. 😀

Agreed !

I doubt our win bonus is much more than £200 quid a player a game. Your probably taking at most an additional 5 k. With the bigger crowds and increased income from a better position in the table I'm sure you turn a profit from the win bonus. 

20 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Hopefully not, we are trying to move forward as a club. 

Fully agree, however going by posts on here (and having listened to the latest Misery Hunters podcast) you could be forgiven for thinking certain people are lining up a return.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Fully agree, however going by posts on here (and having listened to the latest Misery Hunters podcast) you could be forgiven for thinking certain people are lining up a return.

If it’s who I think it is then my smisa membership will be getting cancelled when it’s confirmed. I had hoped we had moved on from the Dinosaur days.

4 hours ago, exiledfan said:

I doubt our win bonus is much more than £200 quid a player a game. 

I think you are being rather naive if you think senior first team players at our club in the Scottish top flight are on £200 win bonus.

There are players on our bench that would not even get out of bed for that.

We have signed over recent seasons two former Scotland internationalists, Northern Ireland no.1 goalkeeper, Cyprus, NZ & Oz internationalists as well as really experienced players like big Joe, Kiltie, Dunne, etc

Tanser signed from St Johnstone as a holder of the LC & SC double medal and was due to play in Europe that season.

O’Hara was signed from Motherwell and their CEO has been quoted as saying “St Mirren blew us out of the water with their offer”.

In 2010 when we reached the LC final there was a massive issue behind the scenes over bonus payments. Please remember there are also appearance payments and goal scoring, assists, clean sheet bonuses on offer. 

Edited by SuperSaints1877

“The players wanted £6000 per man to win the trophy but the directors have refused to budge from the £2000 on offer despite the cup run having been a real help to the cash-strapped club.

Bad feeling already existed between players and the directors when they received just £1000 for beating Hearts in the semi-final - £600 less than their reward for defeating Motherwell in a previous round.

The dressing-room door was even locked after the semi-final win so directors could not join in the celebrations.

Meetings since then have failed to resolve the issue, with skipper Potter acting on behalf of his team-mates.

The divide between the parties widened further when it was revealed the club forgot to include players and their families in an official post-Hampden party.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-slash-win-bonuses-as-st-1053387

I’ve worked in sales environments. We know at the start of the financial year what our targets are and what bonuses are on offer.

It’s not rocket science to say at the start of the season - this is the bonus scheme in place. Agree and move on. We should never get to the eve of a cup final and players are arguing with club officials how much they get if they manage to beat a team with only 9 men on the pitch at the end.

Utterly shameful behaviour by those players.

14 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

If it’s who I think it is then my smisa membership will be getting cancelled when it’s confirmed. I had hoped we had moved on from the Dinosaur days.

I assume you refer to SGG?

Why would you cancel your membership to potentially help save the club?

SGG has already had a proven track record of keeping the wolf from the door.

SGG and his consortium has probably lost 25+ years of their lives trying to keep our club going.

They were never paid. I’m sure the money they invested in the club back in the 1990’s they could have invested in their businesses, personal property, holidays, etc

Never mind the hours of sacrifice without asking for anything in return.

I’ve crossed swords with SGG and his consortium at AGM’s but not a personal attack - maybe a disagreement on how certain things were carried out. But I had total respect for what they did when everyone else did nothing.

Without SGG and his consortium we would not have a club to even discuss right now.

I’d sooner back SGG than anyone else right now.

The problem is that we should NEVER even be in this position right now.

Before Kibble got involved we were running the business off the field exceptionally well. That was despite the fact that we nearly got relegated from the Championship.

Within the last 18months we have allowed a situation to develop where I’ve been we are running with unsustainable losses. These should have been addressed months ago. The membership and the club owners should have been told the truth at the last SMISA meeting by the representatives of the club board when asked specific questions.

I’d like to know why you are so against SGG helping the club given his past record?

If he does not help do you have the personal experience or know of anyone who does?  

41 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

If there is a financial issue with our club time will tell. Let's not totally ignore it.

A few years ago I remember a team who who had success and a huge support and they went into administration.   Can't remember their name.

That could be Hearts, Dundee (twice), Motherwell, Livingston (twice) on a crowd comparing basis. Huge support is all relative. Livingston get more crowds than Spartans and probably Morton.

The old Rangers went into liquidation and a few years later were in a major European cup final and are now in Champions League.

Maybe we should just cut out the middle man and just go bust and start again as that seems to be a successful model to follow.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What, exactly, position are we in right now?

You would need too write to [email protected]

Lets all write to him and ask the question!

He is the Chair of our St Mirren FC Ltd and along with his fellow directors the financial statement every week.

I will not find out the official status of the club’s finances until they are lodged here:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005773

Even they they will be over 6 months out of date.