More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

On 9/23/2022 at 8:56 AM, Doakes said:

I'm happy with the way the club is being run. We're in tough economic times (everyone is), so I'd expect the accounts to reflect those conditions. But as long as we break somewhere close to even and play well on the park, it's all good, from my POV

Stadium is certainly looking better as a result of the work from different fan groups and volunteers

We're doing well on the park and have a strong looking squad

Keith Lasley has been a brilliant addition to the staff, imo

The club are starting to "get it"

You are being disingenuous at best.

You and I both know our shared concerns despite your publîc faux persona! 

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

You would need too write to [email protected]

He is the Chair of our St Mirren FC Ltd and along with his fellow directors the financial statement every week.

I will not find out the official status of the club’s finances until they are lodged here:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005773

Even they they will be over 6 months out of date.

So how come you're determined to paint a very black picture, mentioning Portsmouth, Hearts, Dundee and Rangers, if you don't KNOW exactly what position we're in? 

I would have hoped when you post such a dramatic "The problem is that we should NEVER even be in this position right now." statement you would have something to back it up?

Even when you see that clubs finances you're still blabbering on about being 6 months out of date?

18 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I assume you refer to SGG?

Why would you cancel your membership to potentially help save the club?

SGG has already had a proven track record of keeping the wolf from the door.

SGG and his consortium has probably lost 25+ years of their lives trying to keep our club going.

They were never paid. I’m sure the money they invested in the club back in the 1990’s they could have invested in their businesses, personal property, holidays, etc

Never mind the hours of sacrifice without asking for anything in return.

I’ve crossed swords with SGG and his consortium at AGM’s but not a personal attack - maybe a disagreement on how certain things were carried out. But I had total respect for what they did when everyone else did nothing.

Without SGG and his consortium we would not have a club to even discuss right now.

I’d sooner back SGG than anyone else right now.

The problem is that we should NEVER even be in this position right now.

Before Kibble got involved we were running the business off the field exceptionally well. That was despite the fact that we nearly got relegated from the Championship.

Within the last 18months we have allowed a situation to develop where I’ve been we are running with unsustainable losses. These should have been addressed months ago. The membership and the club owners should have been told the truth at the last SMISA meeting by the representatives of the club board when asked specific questions.

I’d like to know why you are so against SGG helping the club given his past record?

If he does not help do you have the personal experience or know of anyone who does?  

The same SGG that appointed Tommy Craig and left us hurtling towards league 1? Since Gordon Scott and kibble came in we’ve went from strength to strength, our stadium has been upgraded as has our training complex been refurbished, we are in a far better place on and off the park regardless of the shite that is being spouted. 

We are trying to move forward as a club and we have massively so I would like to think the dinosaur days are gone, if he gets appointed my membership will be cancelled.

44 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I think you are being rather naive if you think senior first team players at our club in the Scottish top flight are on £200 win bonus.

There are players on our bench that would not even get out of bed for that.

We have signed over recent seasons two former Scotland internationalists, Northern Ireland no.1 goalkeeper, Cyprus, NZ & Oz internationalists as well as really experienced players like big Joe, Kiltie, Dunne, etc

Tanser signed from St Johnstone as a holder of the LC & SC double medal and was due to play in Europe that season.

O’Hara was signed from Motherwell and their CEO has been quoted as saying “St Mirren blew us out of the water with their offer”.

In 2010 when we reached the LC final there was a massive issue behind the scenes over bonus payments. Please remember there are also appearance payments and goal scoring, assists, clean sheet bonuses on offer. 

So what do you think it is? Our average player makes 50k a year including bonus. Some first team will be top end some a lot less. They aren't getting £1000 every win we get. An average SPFL player is not earning a huge wage. 

35 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I assume you refer to SGG?

Why would you cancel your membership to potentially help save the club?

SGG has already had a proven track record of keeping the wolf from the door.

SGG and his consortium has probably lost 25+ years of their lives trying to keep our club going.

They were never paid. I’m sure the money they invested in the club back in the 1990’s they could have invested in their businesses, personal property, holidays, etc

Never mind the hours of sacrifice without asking for anything in return.

I’ve crossed swords with SGG and his consortium at AGM’s but not a personal attack - maybe a disagreement on how certain things were carried out. But I had total respect for what they did when everyone else did nothing.

Without SGG and his consortium we would not have a club to even discuss right now.

I’d sooner back SGG than anyone else right now.

The problem is that we should NEVER even be in this position right now.

Before Kibble got involved we were running the business off the field exceptionally well. That was despite the fact that we nearly got relegated from the Championship.

Within the last 18months we have allowed a situation to develop where I’ve been we are running with unsustainable losses. These should have been addressed months ago. The membership and the club owners should have been told the truth at the last SMISA meeting by the representatives of the club board when asked specific questions.

I’d like to know why you are so against SGG helping the club given his past record?

If he does not help do you have the personal experience or know of anyone who does?  

We’ve also been ranked as the best run club since Kibble took over.

Just now, JJ McG said:

We actually have fans that want to cause trouble and for us to fail, it’s absolutely bizarre.

100%, they want to proved right, even to the determent of the club, just to say I told you so, with no fecking proof.

The desire to swallow any old shite never fails to amaze me.

The same people see themselves some sort of super supporter, all this "I've supported St MIrren for a million years so  I am better than you". :lol:

32 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

You would need too write to [email protected]

Lets all write to him and ask the question!

He is the Chair of our St Mirren FC Ltd and along with his fellow directors the financial statement every week.

I will not find out the official status of the club’s finances until they are lodged here:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005773

Even they they will be over 6 months out of date.

Without trying to be TOO rude, are you f**king stupid?

Every business runs with a set of published accounts that are out of date. Profit/Loss sheets are designed to be a snapshot of financial position at a set point in time. Are you honestly on here criticising the club because the accounts published are not going to be the financial standing on that very day?

What is it you actually want? Are you looking for a day-by-day update on what the current financial situation is at the club? You honestly think a financial statement is processed every week? Do you know how much that would cost to do so?!

Get a grip of yourself mate. The only thing that has come out so far is rumour and innuendo. The fact of the matter is that if the club is in a dire financial situation, it would have 100% been picked up on by the local or national press by now.

But yes, let's all inundate those who are running the club because someone on a website said a thing without any sort of tangible evidence whatsoever.

f**k my life, I honestly despair at some folk who actually WANT the club they support to fail and fail badly. 'Misery Hunters' indeed.

53 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

That could be Hearts, Dundee (twice), Motherwell, Livingston (twice) on a crowd comparing basis. Huge support is all relative. Livingston get more crowds than Spartans and probably Morton.

The old Rangers went into liquidation and a few years later were in a major European cup final and are now in Champions League.

Maybe we should just cut out the middle man and just go bust and start again as that seems to be a successful model to follow.

Going bust  is a not generally a good idea. The value of the SMISA and other shareholdings would be at risk.

https://www.sharesmagazine.co.uk/article/what-happens-to-shares-in-a-company-which-enters-administration

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Without trying to be TOO rude, are you f**king stupid?

Yes I am. I don’t have a very high IQ. So what?

Some of the smartest entrepreneurial people in the world do one thing well.

They hire good people who are smarter that them in key areas. But they need to trust those individuals to deliver and not run the business at a loss.

Despite my stupidity I have had a very successful career and run multiple businesses. Never once have I ever run my own businesses at a loss or lost any customers in my corporate career. I made a lot of money for my clients. Win-win scenario as I get repeat business year after year and in turn new business through refferals.

I’ve witnessed highly intelligent individuals make businesses really complex and invariably lose money. Stupid people like me keep things simple, efficient and make money - both for me and my customers.

I will be speak out if I believe there are issues that the SMiSA membership and minority shareholders need to be made aware of. I was able in the 1990s to put money into the club to save it and if need be I will do so again and again. Id rather put money in my club than pay to go to Parkhead or Ibrox.

If there are NOT any financial problems at our club and we only have a loss of say up to £50,000 that would be pretty damn good given the economic situation.

For context we made a loss last year of £45,000 during the covid season 20/21 when we had no fans, no hospitality, reduced sponsorship etc plus all the additional costs associated with testing and additional transportation required for players and staff. We also appointed some special staff to deal with legal challenges with the covid outbreak - one was a former player Brian Docherty who you may remember from 1977. He will not have come cheap and I know the testing protocols implemented were hard for the cub to manage.

I really hope we have made a profit and we have not had any need to dip into the Covid government loan of £1,764,000 or the approximate £250,000 stock market investment the club made a few years back,

The last few meetings have been utterly horrific. Badly run. Poorly organised and the appointed SMiSA club board representatives lying to the membership when asked specific questions on finance and other operational concerns.

At the last AGM our Club Chair did not even have a copy of the club accounts available. FFS.

I was asked a simple question by Faraway Saint. John Needham knows on a weekly basis what the figures are. So does every other board member. I obviously do not have sight of those. At no stage have I ever said I have seen any of these reports. 

What I have heard about the finances and the operational issues have come from extremely reliable sources including Renfrewshire Council who put in place a partial stadium closure due to us not having in place an operational backup generator for the electrics and lights required to host events.

At the last SMiSA meeting (August 2022?) four of the official club board were each individually asked to provide a rough estimate to the nearest £100,000 what the anticipated end of year profit/loss was at 31st May 2022 - financial year end.

Each one of them conveniently could not remember. I’m sorry to say they lied to the individual asking that question at a formal meeting.

Senior club elected officials have not told the truth on a number of occasions at public SMISA and formal club meetings on both operational and financial questions.

There is absolutely nothing fundamentally wrong with fan ownership.

What appears to have happened is those put in charge of the guardianship of our club (and elected by the SMiSA membership) have totally lost control of the basic lifeblood of any business.

CASHFLOW.

You always make sure you do not lose money first and foremost.

Income should always be greater that Expenditure.

B8B89842-2BAE-4AB9-9B0D-2099D4E0BA7A.jpeg.c7c90129536babe726dea14f93aaca9a.jpeg

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I honestly despair at some folk who actually WANT the club they support to fail and fail badly. 'Misery Hunters' indeed.

Please provide evidence where I have said in writing or in public said I WANT St Mirren FC “to fail and fail badly”?

I await your response.

7 hours ago, animal said:

Going bust  is a not generally a good idea. The value of the SMISA and other shareholdings would be at risk.

https://www.sharesmagazine.co.uk/article/what-happens-to-shares-in-a-company-which-enters-administration

I know that. You know that.

That is why we need a fighting fund that we the supporters can access. There is currently membership money in a back account - not a huge amount but it’s important that it is kept separate from the club finance department. 

They hire good people who are smarter that them in key areas. But they need to trust those individuals to deliver and not run the business at a loss.
Despite my stupidity I have had a very successful career and run multiple businesses. Never once have I ever run my own businesses at a loss or lost any customers in my corporate career. I made a lot of money for my clients. Win-win scenario as I get repeat business year after year and in turn new business through refferals.
I’ve witnessed highly intelligent individuals make businesses really complex and invariably lose money.

I'm sure I read that, almost word for word, in some article quite recently.

7 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Our playing wage bill is reported as 1.2 million a year. That means we are paying on average 48 k for a 25 man squad these rediculous scare stories do not add up. 

Where are you seeing that figure?

If you look at the last set of accounts that number is not actually included so its guess work by whoever has given you that information. That means we are spending in excess of £3.5M on other areas rather than the playing squad.

Tommy Docherty and his huge team of groundstaff must have the best of breed equipment to look after all the pitches.

It’s only a few years since the club could not find £15,000 to repair the undersoil heating system - SMISA had to to that.

E1AB9F18-CED4-4379-A908-228900D3FA48.thumb.png.5645c8c7df56c77beaf99237b75c4339.png

1 minute ago, Slarti said:

I'm sure I read that, almost word for word, in some article quite recently.

Oh fcuk off. 😂 Prove it.

Edited by SuperSaints1877

7 hours ago, JJ McG said:

We’ve also been ranked as the best run club since Kibble took over.

Do you really believe these “industry awards”?

Next you will tell me the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus exists.

8 hours ago, JJ McG said:

The same SGG that appointed Tommy Craig and left us hurtling towards league 1? Since Gordon Scott and kibble came in we’ve went from strength to strength, our stadium has been upgraded as has our training complex been refurbished, we are in a far better place on and off the park regardless of the shite that is being spouted. 

We are trying to move forward as a club and we have massively so I would like to think the dinosaur days are gone, if he gets appointed my membership will be cancelled.

But you could not answer this simple question? 

Do you have the personal experience or know of anyone who does?  

Out of interest….since you seem to be ITK. I know you are friends with GLS so ask him.

How much has the academy cost to refurbish?

Who is actually in charge of that work?

Who are the subcontractors?

When did this work finish?

at the last SMISA meeting in August a club director told the audience the Academy refurbishment had still not been finished. For context this work started over 2 years ago during the covid pandemic.

12 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Oh fcuk off. 😂 Prove it.

The Sun

I’ve witnessed highly intelligent individuals make businesses really complex and invariably lose money.

4 hours ago, truesaint said:

The Sun

Clapping GIFs | Tenor