More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

Probably not the news some on here were wanting to see.

I see Supersaints has now f**ked off as it's a case of job done. Daddy Gilmour got what he wanted and he's had his batteries removed and been put back in the bedside drawer for such times when he's needed again. 😄

Edited by djchapsticks

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Probably not the news some on here were wanting to see.

I see Supersaints has now f**ked off as it's a case of job done. Daddy Gilmour got what he wanted and he's had his batteries removed and been put back in the bedside drawer for such times when he's needed again. 😄

Aye, funny how certain accounts have been rather quiet since the election results were announced.

Still waiting on details of a former member of staff being awarded £30,000 by a tribunal - information that would be in the public domain if it happened.

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Turns out things are nowhere near as bad as they were getting made out to be after all.

Was cleared up at the AGM last night, money in the bank and we should make a profit this season.

Mr Gilmour was very quiet last night.

What AGM was this?

Anything else discussed?

21 minutes ago, elvis said:

Really glad to hear this why do people start this shit stirring i was genuinely worried about the state we were meant to be in.Being told by these idiots we were near Armageddon they should try and identify who it was and show them door.

Hopefully you can give it a rest now and stop being a pain in the arse.

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Turns out things are nowhere near as bad as they were getting made out to be after all.

Was cleared up at the AGM last night, money in the bank and we should make a profit this season.

Quite a predictable conclusion but good to see none the less. 

Wish folk would either put forward an amendment to the process that was voted for by the members previously or stop complaining about it every time at these meetings.

https://www.smisa.net/news-archive/5-general-smisa-news/294-members-invited-to-put-themselves-forward-for-club-director-role

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

You were 1 who was constantly posting we are in the shit because you were listening to rumours.

I can dig out you’re posts if you want?

You don't need to dig out anything .my posts on the the supposed situation were LED with the word IF not once did I say I believed it to be 100% true.

5 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Mate nobody last night said we’re due to make a profit, they hope to at most bridge the gap and break even, nothing about profit was mentioned. 

Quite happy a lot of things got covered last night and a lot of rumours put to bed, the budgeting for 7th and expecting transfer sales gives me the fear, but if they pull it off then fair play!

Edited by mattman

7 hours ago, JJ McG said:

mmm

Quoting chairman "substantial losses made in year to May 22, measures in place for 22/23 and hope to break even, budget for 23/24 under way with a break even expectation, there will be player trading in January"

Player trading ? - could mean anything - fringe players sold/loaned out, could mean likes of Dylan Reid sold or could even mean bid expected for one of our 1st teamers. Whichever, to achieve break even player(s) will be leaving.

As for Mr Gilmour being quiet it was openly stated that he would be meeting SMFC reps next week to discuss/understand  the current financial position. Until that meeting has been held what would you have expected him to say ?  

52 minutes ago, alwaysabuddy said:

mmm

Quoting chairman "substantial losses made in year to May 22, measures in place for 22/23 and hope to break even, budget for 23/24 under way with a break even expectation, there will be player trading in January"

Player trading ? - could mean anything - fringe players sold/loaned out, could mean likes of Dylan Reid sold or could even mean bid expected for one of our 1st teamers. Whichever, to achieve break even player(s) will be leaving.

As for Mr Gilmour being quiet it was openly stated that he would be meeting SMFC reps next week to discuss/understand  the current financial position. Until that meeting has been held what would you have expected him to say ?  

Player trading ??  Hardly surprising considering it was mentioned weeks ago.

Stephen Robinson says St Mirren must balance the books in January after stretching budget - Daily Record

Aye but, are we £30 billion in debt or not ? I'd heard rumour that we were royally f**ked financially. Surely that wasn't shite ???
Is Kibble still the antichrist or are they our saviour ?
There's  debt ,then there is manageable debt 
Yeah, £30bn is nothing, we'll get at least that if John McGinn gets transferred again. [emoji16]

Seriously though, this is an example of why you should not believe anything without decent evidence.

The SMiSA board is being rebuilt including Mr Gilmour coming in. Hopefully to bring better governance that we should all welcome. John Needham admitted the club has used up £1.7 million of the £2.7 million it previously had in the bank in only 16 months and has £1 million left in the bank now. On top of this the club was paid around £900,000 in furlough to cover wages. 

Tellingly he said if the board’s plan to finish 7th and sell some players works we could finish break even. He didn’t say what would happen if that failed. So that million is going to go really fast over the World Cup time when there are no games for weeks and only around a dozen to the end of the season. And for all those cheering the cash in the bank what debts does the club actually owe at the moment? Didn’t you think of that. Last year’s accounts showed the monthly wages, pension etc cost of employees at £263,777 per month based on total of £3,165,000.

Deduct 10 per cent for job cuts and redundancies that Mr Needham said was regrettable and that would be £237,400. So the cash in the bank will see St Mirren through just over 4 months, a period in which we will have only 8 home games, and that is if none of it is spent on suppliers owed. What happens after that? Looks like the plan must include selling players for about half a million. No wonder SMiSA is trying to sort things out and keep things quiet no doubt. John Needham also admitted we cannot replace the dome and is hoping to find a funding package for any vague future replacement. Why was it not insured? 

So to summarise, some people on here don’t seem to worry if they have £100 - but owe £200.

Did the chairman not say at the time of the government loan being taken that we didn’t need it - but it made sense to take it due to the favourable terms?  That’s my recollection, but happy to be corrected.  

Were Covid costs worse than expected if they’re saying the full £1.7m went on Covid costs? 

I believe it was said that the Ralston improvements ran to 2x the initial budget as well. 

Edited by Maboza