More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

22 hours ago, doakie said:

"he's quite clearly got another few members of the board "in his pocket"."  Wow! That's some assumption from someone who, presumably, didn't witness what was discussed at the Smisa meeting and therefore doesn't actually know the facts of the situation.

Seeing as I prefer to deal with facts, and not theories or assumptions, I reiterate, he is one of seven democratically elected Smisa board members, each of whom have the same vote as he does. That is a fact, not an opinion.

Furthermore, I assume you don't know Jim Cumming, Eddie Devine, Kenny Lang, Wullie Bell or John White personally because, if you did, you'd be very aware that all of these individuals are able, strong people who would not tolerate being in anyone's pocket and would laugh at that suggestion.

p.s. I can't comment on Dougie McMahon simply because I don't know the man.

SMISA need to tell the fans what’s currently going on financially at the club. It looks like lots of positive changes on SMISA board but that’s not enough. It looks like not even one of the former SMISA board wanted to hang around to account for things that have happened over the past year. Some left well before Mr. Gilmour was even mentioned. It’s good that new eyes with business brains have come in.

Let’s wait for the AGM (in January I hope) and get the CURRENT cash position – not just the accounts from 9 months ago.

SMISA need to tell the fans what’s currently going on financially at the club. It looks like lots of positive changes on SMISA board but that’s not enough. It looks like not even one of the former SMISA board wanted to hang around to account for things that have happened over the past year. Some left well before Mr. Gilmour was even mentioned. It’s good that new eyes with business brains have come in.

Let’s wait for the AGM (in January I hope) and get the CURRENT cash position – not just the accounts from 9 months ago.

It has. Just a matter of weeks ago we were told how much was in the bank account. Are you saying we should be told on a hourly or daily basis. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

It has. Just a matter of weeks ago we were told how much was in the bank account. Are you saying we should be told on a hourly or daily basis. emoji1787.png

Indeed.

This was mentioned before when the money was shown and wasn't "bad enough" some people want a hot line from the bank with updates.

You have to wonder about some of our "support". 

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

Kenny Lang🤣really, he's good at standing up and looking around to see who's singing, cannot see what else he would bring..

Some of these guys takes us back to the supporters  bus conveners role  ,  great for puting the supporters  voices forward ,but  maybe not the management  type we need .

Edited by waldorf34
Spelling

There is now only one member on the SMiSA board from my time on it. Back then it was impossible to get any proposals supported by a majority unless you were part of the group of 5 board members who had regular meetings with Mr Scott , they held meetings between themselves and then brought proposals to the full committee meetings and had them all passed. I know some of the current SMiSA board and I have trust in them to represent the members and fans in a far more democratic way than before.

SG's election statement was basically that he wanted kibble out, he recieved about 33% of SMISA membership votes. Hardly an endorsement.

We he has got a bigger % than SMISA has of the general support so who has the better endorsement?? SG or SMISA

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

On 12/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, animal said:

Getting the accounts should be plenty for fans. People have speculated (without evidence) about the club being in a bad financial position, dozens of times over the last year+ (as they often have done over our history) 

Here’s a post from ‘Glen’ who’s well known for it. It’s from May 2022, not a kick in the arse off when the accounts will run to. 

People have seemingly been crying wolf about the finances, the accounts will hopefully show they were wrong.

I don’t see any credibility in the argument ‘ah but the accounts are only up to spring 2022’ will they try it again next year as well if the next accounts also don’t fit their agenda?

Cards are on the table here. If the accounts don’t show major financial issues, we can write off a good few posters on here as bulls*itting. 

E640C4FF-BC98-4461-A6FA-796927CCFEFD.jpeg

On 12/12/2022 at 7:48 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Breaking news coming in, an order of toilet paper is imminent. emoji1787.png

Is it 1, 2 or 3 ply?  If it's only 1 then the rumours may be right we are on our arse financially. If it's 3 then how dare SMISA flush good money down the toilet. 

An assuring (for me) and well written report from the new SMISA chair.

https://www.smisa.net/updates/340-new-chairman-pledges-better-communication-and-young-blood-on-smisa-board

getting the two young lads who’d put their heads above the parapet for election is a positive move.

best of luck to them all - and us.  :)

10 hours ago, antrin said:

https://www.smisa.net/updates/340-new-chairman-pledges-better-communication-and-young-blood-on-smisa-board

getting the two young lads who’d put their heads above the parapet for election is a positive move.

Good statement and good to see such positivity. Obviously choosing his words carefully regarding being a loss making business under the current club directors which reflects badly on them collectively and individually. They have certainly burned through the cash. Glaringly obvious the promised extra professionalism in finance has not materialised. Looks like the new SMiSA board is reaching out which is excellent. The real current financial situation will be masked by the AGM financial report if the business is currently loss making. Ticket deals to get bums on seats are good but won’t bring in much cash. As was said elsewhere directors have to get control of accountancy back from kibble. Looks like SMiSA has a lot on its plate. The new people are clearly trying to tackle the money problem without openly stating so.

1 hour ago, Percy Veer said:

What a concise and intellectual input to this thread!  Where would this forum be without you?

I'm sorry Shull, I aim to achieve the standard of posts in the massively interesting "Scores - Predictions, Latest and Results" thread. 🤣🤣🤣

Walloper. 😜

Edited by faraway saint

On 12/20/2022 at 11:34 PM, antrin said:

No mention of the success's at the club like increased ticket sales/attendances, the positives of the Old Firm only getting one stand, our good start to the league campaign, a forward thinking manager and a good COO?

In fact next to nothing of any substance.

I heard that SMISA are to stop funding members benefits and if so, why? 

PS Two young faces that I'd imagine would be easily swayed if required. <_<

Edited by faraway saint

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No mention of the success's at the club like increased ticket sales/attendances, the positives of the Old Firm only getting one stand, our good start to the league campaign, a forward thinking manager and a good COO?

A wee bit pessimistic there FS, especially regarding the younger guys (although I agree with the rest of your post) ...... if, at that age, they're brave enough to put their heads above the parapet then hopefully they're strong enough to make their voices heard. Time will tell but let's give them a chance.

15 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

A wee bit pessimistic there FS, especially regarding the younger guys (although I agree with the rest of your post) ...... if, at that age, they're brave enough to put their heads above the parapet then hopefully they're strong enough to make their voices heard. Time will tell but let's give them a chance.

Time will tell mate. 👍

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The matters of substance are inferred, especially the hint that we are operating at a loss jut now.  You can only say so much when you are just in the door.  As for the younger guys, well give them a chance.  i know nothing of them or how they came to the attention of the board members so If i were a SMISA member then I would prefer to give them a chance,