More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

6 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The matters of substance are inferred, especially the hint that we are operating at a loss jut now.  You can only say so much when you are just in the door.  As for the younger guys, well give them a chance.  i know nothing of them or how they came to the attention of the board members so If i were a SMISA member then I would prefer to give them a chance,

As I said, NOTHING much at all.

Inferring is just smoke and mirrors.

No mention on the issue of funding bring withdrawn for SMISA members? 

Also ALL the positives about the club seem to be not worthy of mentioning. 🤔

Edited by faraway saint

13 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The matters of substance are inferred, especially the hint that we are operating at a loss jut now.  You can only say so much when you are just in the door.  As for the younger guys, well give them a chance.  i know nothing of them or how they came to the attention of the board members so If i were a SMISA member then I would prefer to give them a chance,

The younger guys stood in the SMISA elections a few weeks back and were the only ones that didn't get elected. I was a bit disappointed neither of them get on as most committees are crying out for younger folk to put themselves forward and get involved and it seemed like a missed opportunity, so pleased that they are now on the committee.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As I said, NOTHING much at all.

Inferring is just smoke and mirrors.

No mention on the issue of funding bring withdrawn for SMISA members? 

Also ALL the positives about the club seem to be not worthy of mentioning. 🤔

Not being a SMISA member I know sod all about member benefits or their withdrawal.  As for inferrence, I'd say that it is prudent to not blast in with accusations and that is is entirely reasonable to signpost areas that you want to look at.

All the positives about the club seem to be open to interpretation and specific viewpoints, we have a good home record and an abysmal away record this season and the best way to restore financial balance is success on the field.  That is something that will fall away, just like it did last year, unless we can start to pick up regular points at away games.  The COO is definitely a matter of opinion and if the new SMISA chair doesn't like him then maybe it is best not to offer any opinion just now.

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No mention of the success's at the club like increased ticket sales/attendances, the positives of the Old Firm only getting one stand, our good start to the league campaign, a forward thinking manager and a good COO?

In fact next to nothing of any substance.

I heard that SMISA are to stop funding members benefits and if so, why? 

PS Two young faces that I'd imagine would be easily swayed if required. <_<

I think your post will be the first ever to even mention “success’s”.

No one else has your dexterity or prowess in placing the odd, erratic, sporadic.. ‘

:)

Edited by antrin

25 minutes ago, antrin said:

I think your post will be the first ever to even mention “success’s”.

No one else has your dexterity or prowess in placing the odd, erratic, sporadic.. ‘

:)

Troll off, oh, I'm on ignore.......oh wait.  🤣🤣🤣

Another interesting input. 🤡

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, guinness said:

Strange that the vast majority of people commenting on here are not SMISA members.

So it's only SMISA members that can be concerned at the SMISA carve up and it's already outlined intention to cause trouble ?

P.S. I pay my monthly SMISA dues, at the moment................

Strange that the vast majority of people commenting on here are not SMISA members.
OH THE PENNY HAS DROPPED

the vast majority of supporters are not members of SMISA

SMISA are meant to be in control of the club with kibbles approval. So yes if the majority of supporters don't like what they see or hear will comment

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

So it's only SMISA members that can be concerned at the SMISA carve up and it's already outlined intention to cause trouble ?

P.S. I pay my monthly SMISA dues, at the moment................

Don’t see how this can be described as a "carve" up. It’s obvious something is wrong. Perhaps some of the comments and warnings that have been ridiculed here should be reconsidered. So many signs but all ignored. Then attack the people I assume are trying to address the situation. Classic shoot the messenger stuff. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

10 hours ago, glen said:

Don’t see how this can be described as a "carve" up. It’s obvious something is wrong. Perhaps some of the comments and warnings that have been ridiculed here should be reconsidered. So many signs but all ignored. Then attack the people I assume are trying to address the situation. Classic shoot the messenger stuff. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I'm not sure it it "obvious" that anything worth getting excited about is wrong.

I'm not naive enough to believe everything is perfect. I doubt any club/business is but the club has been in a much darker place in the past, something most of us don't want to revisit. 

Bullshit.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Things are "so wrong" at the club that we got a 7000+ attendance today and we're undefeated at home since August.:)

Even giving the bigots 2 stands, we have never had that crowd and great to see. 

In fact, the empty 100 or so seats ( worth around £2000) in gate money between the Dons and our supporters is a waste of money.

Just put some movable screen between the fans so the idiots on both side can't see each other to give the finger to and case trouble. 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

In fact, the empty 100 or so seats ( worth around £2000) in gate money between the Dons and our supporters is a waste of money.

Just put some movable screen between the fans so the idiots on both side can't see each other to give the finger to and case trouble. 

Many of us in West Stand were discussing this exact issue. 

I think that section easily holds more than 100 seats. 

It is just lost revenue as I’m sure the Dons would have filled that.

If the current stewarding company can’t control that area get the old crew back who could. 

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Even giving the bigots 2 stands, we have never had that crowd and great to see. 

Largest crowd I believe was the playoff against United. 7,732.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2018&GameID=201905260

Prior to that it was the stadium opening against Killie. 7,542

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2008&GameID=200901310

10 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Largest crowd I believe was the playoff against United. 7,732.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2018&GameID=201905260

Prior to that it was the stadium opening against Killie. 7,542

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2008&GameID=200901310

I was meaning a normal run of the mill league game but fair due, you are correct  👍

• 2 weeks later...

My reading. 

Covid & other one off costs have hurt the clubs finances. Steps taken to prevent reoccurrence & move us to break even from this year. Lots of positivity on & off the pitch since May 2022, especially in increasing attendance. 

Tough Financial time for our club (like many others) but it seems completely clear, claims of financial collapse & risk to the clubs future were completely fabricated…. who’d a guessed it 🤷‍♂️

No real surprises in the accounts summary. 

Edited by bazil85