More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

35 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Interesting as well that our top 3 attendances this season haven’t involved Celtic or Rangers. 
In fact if you looked at the average attendances of the other clubs, I bet they’d be skewed by them having bigger grounds and therefore bigger crowds against the OF. 
Would be interesting to see the average crowds of each team stripping out matches against them. 
For the avoidance of doubt, I was sad enough to take 5 minutes to do ours, I’m no sad enough to do that. 🤣

To make it better for @W6er could he/she/they,etc  base the average attendance without the gruesome twosome with a metric relative to the overall capacity of each clubs ground. 

As an example I would expect the city dwellers to have larger average attendance but with many empty seats. Hearts seem to be leading everyone with that though. 

It will only serve to demonstrate that our ground capacity has probably been the right size in the modern era.

Dundee Utd may have larger average attendances but the ground is rarely used to capacity and that only results in increased maintenance costs.

Our average attendances (without the bigot brothers) may now be larger than Motherwell and Kilmarnock but until the results are in from our site seat scanning statistician then I’ve no idea. 

I know many were disappointed that our “Tesco Value” stadium design seemed on the small side but it’s actually been ideal for our regular use.

If/when we qualify for European football again and we are drawn against big sides demand for tickets will present a welcome challenge. 

I will try and secure a seat for my “pals” like @faraway saint and @TPAFKA Jersey 2 but @antrin can ghstf! 😂 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

To make it better for @W6er could he/she/they,etc  base the average attendance without the gruesome twosome with a metric relative to the overall capacity of each clubs ground. 

As an example I would expect the city dwellers to have larger average attendance but with many empty seats. Hearts seem to be leading everyone with that though. 

It will only serve to demonstrate that our ground capacity has probably been the right size in the modern era.

Dundee Utd may have larger average attendances but the ground is rarely used to capacity and that only results in increased maintenance costs.

Our average attendances (without the bigot brothers) may now be larger than Motherwell and Kilmarnock but until the results are in from our site seat scanning statistician then I’ve no idea. 

I know many were disappointed that our “Tesco Value” stadium design seemed on the small side but it’s actually been ideal for our regular use.

If/when we qualify for European football again and we are drawn against big sides demand for tickets will present a welcome challenge. 

I will try and secure a seat for my “pals” like @faraway saint and @TPAFKA Jersey 2 but @antrin can ghstf! 😂 

Right OK I'm bored at work so I've done it. Sad man that I am.

League table of average home attendances excluding OF games (League only).

Hearts - 18,587

Hibs - 16723

Aberdeen - 15,111

Dundee Utd - 8,507

Kilmarnock - 6.090

St. Mirren - 6,002 (by they way I got our total average attendance wrong. Should've been 6,064 not 5,973)

Motherwell - 5,448

St. Johnstone - 5,110

Ross County - 3,822

Livingston - 2,521

League table by average number of empty seats.

Hearts - 1,265

St. Mirren - 2,021

Ross County - 2,719

Hibs - 3,689

St. Johnstone - 5,630

Dundee Utd - 5,716

Livingston - 6,991

Aberdeen - 7,088

Motherwell - 8,294

Kilmarnock - 12,038

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Since most of the money was spent on things that doesn't come round very often, i don't think it is a big worrying issue. 

Possible if we didn't have the Gov money, the training ground work wouldn't have taken place, but it been done interest free now.

The fact we don't have debt apart from the long term loan to the Gov is also good. 

Anybody know who the player the chairman spoke about who transfer collapsed on Deadline day last January ?

I have read that Tony seem to be getting some blame, anything specific or just because he maybe was poor at the job  🤔

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Right OK I'm bored at work so I've done it. Sad man that I am.

League table of average home attendances excluding OF games (League only).

Hearts - 18,587

Hibs - 16723

Aberdeen - 15,111

Dundee Utd - 8,507

Kilmarnock - 6.090

St. Mirren - 6,002 (by they way I got our total average attendance wrong. Should've been 6,064 not 5,973)

Motherwell - 5,448

St. Johnstone - 5,110

Ross County - 3,822

Livingston - 2,521

League table by average number of empty seats.

Hearts - 1,265

St. Mirren - 2,021

Ross County - 2,719

Hibs - 3,689

St. Johnstone - 5,630

Dundee Utd - 5,716

Livingston - 6,991

Aberdeen - 7,088

Motherwell - 8,294

Kilmarnock - 12,038

👏 

Someone please let @W6er know that his seat counting talents are under threat!

30 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

As this topic was started as “More Redundncies” then based on the accounts there should be more

Management and admin at the club increased from 38 to 75 in the accounts. Who are these people and what are they doing

There is a significant sum of money associated with this increase in staff.

Div gave a good possible answer about the extra staff on P&B and is worth a read. 

Some time ago posters on here said it was all lies but the recently published accounts show the real story. Figures do not lie. We should all be concerned. The excuses for the cancellation of the executive box are just that - excuses. We obviously have just about run out of money.

The club has been terribly run. Staff have been made redundant. One eventually settled for a payoff others are currently taking legal action against the club. The manager has made it public that we cannot bring in players while rival teams will strengthen their squad. Potential bidders for our players know we are desperate for cash Why would buyers bid big now? The overspend at the academy is breathtaking with Kibble looking like they have taken plenty (over £140k) in only those 12 months alone. How much in total I wonder? 

All overseen by a Kibble paid for General Manager. 

Two Kibble directors who promised better management of the finances sit on the board. 

To summarise we are in trouble, especially if we don’t sell players. 

This is mismanagement and no amount of attempts at pandemic excuses and painting walls can cover it up. 

17 minutes ago, glen said:

Some time ago posters on here said it was all lies but the recently published accounts show the real story. Figures do not lie. We should all be concerned. The excuses for the cancellation of the executive box are just that - excuses. We obviously have just about run out of money.

The club has been terribly run. Staff have been made redundant. One eventually settled for a payoff others are currently taking legal action against the club. The manager has made it public that we cannot bring in players while rival teams will strengthen their squad. Potential bidders for our players know we are desperate for cash Why would buyers bid big now? The overspend at the academy is breathtaking with Kibble looking like they have taken plenty (over £140k) in only those 12 months alone. How much in total I wonder? 

Two Kibble directors who promised better management of the finances sit on the board. 

This is mismanagement and no amount of attempts at pandemic excuses and painting walls can cover it up. 

What you and others posted about issues at the club was largely fabricated and WAS baseless regarding our situation.

We haven't "just about run out of money" we aren't in "financial freefall" we aren't in "very serious financial trouble"  it was baseless that "the arrangement with the Kibble is just not working" and we are not "desperate for cash" 

What we now know is (tbf, we already knew all this, just confirmed in the accounts), this is a tough time for the club as it is for many clubs. But that is largely linked to Covid and a number of other costs, as well as increased supplier costs which all clubs in Scotland will face. Many of the issues though, are "exceptional and will not reoccur" There is absolutely NOTHING in the accounts that suggest Kibble is to blame or not bringing them on board would have changed the situation. 

The club have noted they have put in steps to stop reoccurrence and many revenue streams since the accounts look very strong. We have several sellable assets, we have offered new player contracts and signed in January. We are also advertising for academy positions and pushing for European football. 

Your posts are borderline hysteria. You'd think after so much had been shown to be moon howling, you'd pack it in. 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, glen said:

Cheers for your blatantly one-sided profound words Eeyore.:lol:

Eeyore GIFs | Tenor

Edited by FTOF

Happy New Year.

As a shareholder I have received a copy of the full accounts for May 2021 to May 2022. Over a stiff drink tonight I have noted the following points you may wish to consider. I will probably not comment further until after the AGM. There are a number of obvious questions that need to be asked and hopefully answered at the AGM. My accountancy skills are a bit rusty. Maybe I have misunderstood some of the important details – God, I hope that I have. I’m not going to waste time sparring with some of the childish regulars on here.

The cold facts are that the current board enriched with the financial “expertise” of our Kibble partners appear to have managed to turn a profit of around half a million pounds into a loss of 1.5 million pounds in short the space of 12 months. That in itself is quite an achievement.

The £1,598,506  loss divided by 365 days is £4379 a day. 

No doubt Covid will be blamed but you have to remember that the furlough scheme should have covered much of the wage bill and the government have loaned the club £1.7 million.

Even so the wage bill has gone from £2.8 million to £3.5 million. The number of players has gone from 37 to 39 but the number of management and admin staff has gone from 38 to 75. That is around two management and admin staff for every player. I presume (sincerely hope) there is a plausible explanation for this I just can’t think what it might be.

Importantly cash at the bank is down from £2.7 million in May 2021 to £972 thousand in May 2022 that is a reduction of about £145K a month. So what is the current cash balance?  Say 6 months of losses at £145 K is £870K. Take that away from the May 2022 figure of £972K and there is a lot to worry about. Possibly £100K left at present? I hope we can sell a couple of players to help the cash flow. 

Kibble claimed they would “bring our commercial expertise to St Mirren”. Perhaps that is the kind of expertise we could all have lived without.

Mention is made in the preceding narrative of “exceptional costs” but I cannot see any actual figures that directly relate to this statement. I assume this may partly be the rumoured very large cost overrun at Ralston but is hard to imagine what £1 million plus of “exceptional costs” could be.

You have to also ask why this financial situation has not been made very clear to SMISA members many months ago. After all they own most of the club.

PS To anyone quoting recent increased attendance at home games – please ask yourself how many of these are free tickets.

Now I think I need another drink.

See you all at the AGM.

19 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Unfortunately, clubs playing qualifying rounds in the lesser comps tend to lose money if they lose at that stage

We are always optimistic as we are in any competition and with our investment in good players, successful results in Europe will mean financial relief and fan celebration.  Here's hoping 🙏 

13 minutes ago, Percy Veer said:

Excellent debating as always, Faraway.

Thanks Shull. 

Now, show us your excellent input, maybe a programme cover, a tweet of some shite, you've got it all. 🤡

PS Fire in your usual "likes" for yourself, tragic but true. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by faraway saint