More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

On 9/22/2022 at 5:26 PM, glen said:

Less than two years after Kibble’s promises I hear our beloved team is in financial freefall and someone has to point out why.

I have it from a reliable source that we have used up all of the 1.7 million government loan and are now in very serious financial trouble. It is obvious to anyone who takes the time to look that the arrangement with Kibble is just not working. They seem to be the common denominator and there is no escaping the fact. Look at the crazy level of influence they have.

Kibble pay our general manager who is a Kibble employee answerable to Kibble.
Kibble supply food to the corporate hospitality at I am informed a dearer cost than previous supplier.
Kibble also supply food at the academy. 
Kibble have taken over the accounting functions of the club, giving them access to all Saints financial accounts. A conflict of interest.
Kibble connections resulted in a new Chief Operating Officer being appointed who did not even apply for the job and was not interviewed.
Kibble connections have resulted in a £50,000 refurb of the as yet unfinished training ground hitting more than £350,000 with a supplier of their choice.
Kibble has now taken over the ball boy and girl arrangements.
Kibble have two members on the board. One of which (the vice chairman) has direct responsibility for the academy, with the other said to be now in charge of club finance. 
Kibble connections filter what fans are being told on the website.

SMISA members who contribute every month to the team we all love deserve to know exactly what is going on.

St Mirren has no club doctor.

St Mirren has a weakened academy. Redundancies. I’ve just heard from a young player’s parent that only in the last couple of days a most experienced coach and goalkeeping head has been made redundant with not a word. He’s been with Saints for something like 8 to 10 years! Her son has been sent a good wishes message from the coach which I have seen.

St Mirren has only one sports scientist. The assistant mysteriously gone in last couple of weeks according to the same parent.

St Mirren has no well-being officer. Left mysteriously.

Our stadium manager together with lots of St Mirren staff of longstanding have all been shown the door since Kibble came in. She claimed compensation and it cost the club £30,000 !

SMISA Stadium is now being vandalised after the old security firm was sacked. First the spray painting now the slashing of the dome. I have been told that word is it will not be replaced. Nothing like this happened under the previous arrangements.

Our beloved St Mirren is in danger. There is a deafening silence from the board, SMISA and Kibble.I care about the team my great-grandfather supported.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND DO SOMETHING SMISA .FACE UP AND BUY OUT KIBBLE.

Chill.

Baz says all Is well.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

If I were you , I think I’d hold off on that type of post until late May . This is St.Mirren we’re talking about here  . 🙄

Haha, fair enough. I still have nightmares about the last time we were so close to the top 6… What was it, a 4 or 5 point lead with two games to go? 🤢

The remarkable thing is, were we to win on Saturday, we could be within touching distance of our best finish EVER in the top league.

I know it’s still a tall order but the fact that it’s even a possibility at this stage in the season is testament to what a great season we’ve had.

I know it’s very much “if ma auntie had baws” but if our away form had been even remotely average this season instead of terrible, where might we be sitting now in the league. 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The remarkable thing is, were we to win on Saturday, we could be within touching distance of our best finish EVER in the top league.

I know it’s still a tall order but the fact that it’s even a possibility at this stage in the season is testament to what a great season we’ve had.

I know it’s very much “if ma auntie had baws” but if our away form had been even remotely average this season instead of terrible, where might we be sitting now in the league. 

The annoying thing about our last two games against Hertz is that I personally believe we should have beaten them at home and perhaps got a draw at Tynecastle if decisions had gone our way and Snodgrass was not a cheating bastard. 

We would be sitting on three more points and they would be on three less. 

We also missed an opportunity to capitalise on beating Aberdeen away at Pittodrie. 

We need to go all out and win in Edinburgh on Saturday! COYS. 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Haha, fair enough. I still have nightmares about the last time we were so close to the top 6… What was it, a 4 or 5 point lead with two games to go? 🤢

Really?

If so then it seems like we truly “Hibsed” it.

I would like to see evidence of your claims.

I’m not saying you’re incorrect but I don’t remember us being that close and failing so badly at the end.

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Really?

I’m not saying you’re incorrect but I don’t remember us being that close and failing so badly at the end.

We were literally 30 seconds away from it and blew it by conceding an equaliser in 90+ minutes at Hamilton.

It doesn't get any closer than that.

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Really?

I don’t see any claims . I see a question . 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Oops ! 😂

IMG_2616.jpeg

Well done you. I just don’t remember.

My original comment on his post was not a criticism of @bazil85. I was just looking for such information as I could not remember. 

So as a club really did fcuk up a great position to get into the top 6 which was what I meant by “Hibsing” it.

Glad you find that so funny. Hope that makes you feel better. 

13 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Well done you. I just don’t remember.

My original comment on his post was not a criticism of @bazil85. I was just looking for such information as I could not remember. 

So as a club really did fcuk up a great position to get into the top 6 which was what I meant by “Hibsing” it.

Glad you find that so funny. Hope that makes you feel better. 

And in the end it was St Johnstone that pipped us to top 6. That table shows them with a game in hand. Which was their rescheduled game against Hamilton which they drew 0-0.

So we went into our last two fixtures with a 5 point lead. They beat Hibs & Ross Country. We lost the first then drew with Hamilton due to a late goal (as mentioned). They also scored late on against Ross County. 

At the 85th minute mark of both games, we were top 6, needing 2 goals to change that. Sadly, both goals came. 

38 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Equalling our best ever finish in the top league.  We've finished 3rd twice before.

Think only some of us remember 1979/80. 

1892/93 is likely beyond all of us. 

I know @TPAFKA Jersey 2 probably suffers from mild alcohol amnesia but even he remembers 79/80.

I think he was referring to the current split league format. 

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I know @TPAFKA Jersey 2 probably suffers from mild alcohol amnesia but even he remembers 79/80.

The great Jim Clunie  was manager

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

The great Jim Clunie  was manager

Yeah. To think that the way our football club treated Clunie and his predecessor Ferguson so badly says a lot about how our board of directors acted back then. 

I think it’s often overlooked at the key signings Clunie made that strengthened the squad that he inherited from Ferguson.

Sadly I don’t think Ferguson has ever been inducted in our hall of fame. Perhaps he has been invited but he’s never taken up the offer. 

The teams we had during the period those two were managers were arguably the best football sides I’ve ever seen. 

They may never have won any major domestic trophies but they left lasting memories and the basis for the squad that eventually won the ‘87 SC.

6 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Equalling our best ever finish in the top league.  We've finished 3rd twice before.

5 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Seems pretty obvious, but not obvious enough for some.

FFS. 

12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

And in the end it was St Johnstone that pipped us to top 6. That table shows them with a game in hand. Which was their rescheduled game against Hamilton which they drew 0-0.

So we went into our last two fixtures with a 5 point lead. They beat Hibs & Ross Country. We lost the first then drew with Hamilton due to a late goal (as mentioned). They also scored late on against Ross County. 

At the 85th minute mark of both games, we were top 6, needing 2 goals to change that. Sadly, both goals came. 

Remember it like it was yesterday a game we had to win, went a goal up and were in total control a second goal would have killed them off but we sat back 2nd half used our subs and finished the game without a striker on the park, Big Joe gives a silly foul away and BANG...  Big Jim and his ultra negative tactics 

7 hours ago, saint in exile said:

7 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Erm I think the only difficulties being experienced here are your two reading difficulties. There was nothing incorrect about what I’ve said. 
I said we were within touching distance of our best finish ever i.e. 3rd and we are. 

I’m 57 years old and the 79/80 season was easily the best football related year of my life. Do you seriously think I’d have forgotten that?