St Mirren v The Ayrshire Killie Boys Premiership 15/10/22

shull

2 hours ago, Jockmd said:

Tanser is essentially picked for his crosses which are not great all of the time.  Generally, he is a bit weak.

It’s horses for courses for me.

Even at his age, Tait is a better full back than Tanser and Tanser is a better wing back than Tait.

If we expect to be doing more attacking than defending I’d be inclined to play Tanser and play Tait in games where we expect to be doing more defending. 
Perhaps a bit simplistic but sometimes fitba is simple. 

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A great opportunity to go 3rd with Hibs facing Celtic, although they are off the boil right now.

Anyhow, as long as we take care of our game we should be in a more than decent place after 10 games.

It's good to set the pace than chasing it like we always do .

17 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s horses for courses for me.

Even at his age, Tait is a better full back than Tanser and Tanser is a better wing back than Tait.

If we expect to be doing more attacking than defending I’d be inclined to play Tanser and play Tait in games where we expect to be doing more defending. 
Perhaps a bit simplistic but sometimes fitba is simple. 

How many goals has Tait (as a 'defender') scored in comparison with Tanser?  When Tail is in the opposing box he is more of a threat.

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A great opportunity to go 3rd with Hibs facing Celtic, although they are off the boil right now.

Anyhow, as long as we take care of our game we should be in a more than decent place after 10 games.

Agreed. It's the ideal game to measure our improvement. We all know well enough that it's exactly the type of game we'd cock up after a decent wee run, so a nice comfy 2-0 win or better will support the fact that we have actually improved.

3 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

How many goals has Tait (as a 'defender') scored in comparison with Tanser?  When Tail is in the opposing box he is more of a threat.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm not sure how it relates to the point I'm making. Neither player has scored many goals, but regardless I wasn't thinking of goalscoring when I described Tanser as a better attacking player.

10 minutes ago, shull said:

PRE MATCH ENTERTAINMENT SATURDAY

We have moved onto the winter phase of the pre match entertainment. From 2pm outside the Tony Fitz stand we will be giving away 250 activity packs to kids. They include a squad poster, mini jigsaw, football maze, bouncy ball, colouring pencils, design your own St Mirren kit colouring sheet, a St Mirren word search oh and a pack of Haribos. Hopefully enough there to keep the kids occupied!

We need to take points from this game and next week against DUFC to take advantage of the results that went our way last weekend while we were under the cosh at Ibrox.

Important that our lads have got last week out of their system and get the winning mentality back. Disappointed to hear that Lafferty is still playing for them - makes our task a little more difficult - but I'm sure that we have enough skill and determination about us now to get the right result, especially as we're at home.

Predicted the correct result against Livi, my first time in many years, so law of averages says that I'm not due another correct guess for a long time, but here goes anyway. 

Buddies 2 - 1 Killie

COYS!!