St Mirren v The Ayrshire Killie Boys Premiership 15/10/22

shull

Poor game. Too many players off form, perhaps letting last week's result affect them. Only Strain, Gallagher and, of course, Carson looked like themselves. The passing in the first half was particularly poor. Also thought that Baccus was unnecessarily drawn into some pushing and shoving with opposing players. Maybe frustrated that he wasn't playing up to his usual standard.

I said some time ago that Ayunga cannot dribble round opponents, and that difficulty was on show again yesterday. A couple of times, he burst away from the Killie defence, then turned back towards opponents and lost the ball in the tackle. He's best when he runs onto the ball and has a sight of goal, or using his strength to hold the ball up, waiting for teammates to arrive. He did that really well against Celtic.

As others have said, only positive is that, in previous times, we would probably have lost the game. So, a point and a clean sheet (thanks to Carson) should be seen as an improvement. But if we want to stay in contention for top six, we cannot afford too many performances like that. 

Hate to say it, but more teamwork and accuracy required against DUFC next week.

COYS!!

12 hours ago, Jockmd said:

With our performance today I my interpretation is realistic rather than, 'gloomy'.

It won't take much for teams below to overtake us with those with a game in hand and the revival of form of others.  Sure, our optimism is understandable with past results but beating those teams that we should beat is essential.  

By “teams with a game in hand over us” I assume you mean the teams playing today? They are the only teams with a game in hand over us. 
If so, then it’s only realistic for one of them to overtake us. Can’t see Motherwell beating Rangers (which they’d need to do) and if Hearts and Aberdeen draw (which is entirely possible) no teams will overtake us,  If not, only one of them can overtake us. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

By “teams with a game in hand over us” I assume you mean the teams playing today? They are the only teams with a game in hand over us. 
If so, then it’s only realistic for one of them to overtake us. Can’t see Motherwell beating Rangers (which they’d need to do) and if Hearts and Aberdeen draw (which is entirely possible) no teams will overtake us,  If not, only one of them can overtake us. 

We, also, have a game in hand over Hibs, which is why I said that that upcoming game is massive for our league position. 

Oh, also a game in hand over the 4 teams at the bottom of the league. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

Killie were the better team yesterday and deserved the win, Carson was the difference.

Strain, Gallagher and Carson the only 1’s who turned up yesterday, Ayunga looked like he hadn’t played for weeks, Grieve was getting pushed off the ball far too easily again when he came on.

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Killie were the better team yesterday and deserved the win, Carson was the difference.

Strain, Gallagher and Carson the only 1’s who turned up yesterday, Ayunga looked like he hadn’t played for weeks, Grieve was getting pushed off the ball far too easily again when he came on.

I’d be more inclined to say that if Killie had won we couldn’t have complained, rather than Killie deserved to win. Let’s be honest, they were rotten as well. 
The fact they were arguably less rotten than us, doesn’t mean they deserved to win the game. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

To be fair Killies chances came from our mistakes. Never once did I think they carved us open. They didn't. 2 poor teams imo.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk