Frank Mcgarvey diagnosed with cancer

17 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Arguably the greatest penalty box striker we had in the modern era. He would have had a field day in recent years with all the changes in the way the game is refereed and also the bowling green pitches.

I just wish he had been a little more patient at Liverpool as he would have become a Kop Legend and won major honours. He really was that good.

He should have won so many caps for Scotland.

Hopefully Frank can win this battle. One of my first ever heroes playing in the first division under Fergie. 

You are in my thoughts Frank. Without him leading the line in 1987 we would never have won that cup.

I remember his last appearance at Love Street when he destroyed @Eric Arthur Blair in goals that day.

Think Frank scored 5 or 6 goals in a 20 minute period then walked off. 

10 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Arguably the greatest penalty box striker we had in the modern era. He would have had a field day in recent years with all the changes in the way the game is refereed and also the bowling green pitches.

I just wish he had been a little more patient at Liverpool as he would have become a Kop Legend and won major honours. He really was that good.

He should have won so many caps for Scotland.

Hopefully Frank can win this battle. One of my first ever heroes playing in the first division under Fergie. 

You are in my thoughts Frank. Without him leading the line in 1987 we would never have won that cup.

I remember his last appearance at Love Street when he destroyed @Eric Arthur Blair in goals that day.

Think Frank scored 5 or 6 goals in a 20 minute period then walked off. 

You don't remember very well. 😛

He only played against the fans team in the home kit whose keeper was Div. I was keeper for the team wearing the red kit. I did concede 7 but made one magnificent flying potato save from a Lex Richardson piledriver.

As others have said I hope both Franks make full and swift recoveries.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

You don't remember very well. 😛

He only played against the fans team in the home kit whose keeper was Div. I was keeper for the team wearing the red kit. I did concede 7 but made one magnificent flying potato save from a Lex Richardson piledriver.

As others have said I hope both Franks make full and swift recoveries.

My apologies T. It was over 20 years! 

I can hardly remember what I did 20 minutes ago now. 

The difference in class was sublime. Aside from Franks 20 minute piss take of @div Lex Richardson was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch despite probably being the oldest.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Noticed on Sportscene he was a guest at Parkhead yesterday and addressed the fans from the pitch.

If we haven't already, maybe Saints should invite him to a game soon too?

I recently suggested we pay respect to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Shot down in flames.

McGarvey is well worth our respect and recognition...

But guaranteed some twats will have a long held grudge. 

20 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I recently suggested we pay respect to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Shot down in flames.

McGarvey is well worth our respect and recognition...

But guaranteed some twats will have a long held grudge. 

TBH you really weren't "shot down in flames".  

If you read back it was pretty mixed, probably just in favour of some sort of Fergie tribute, but it doesn't suit your usual "poor me" agenda.

As for people being twats just because they disagree with you, classy, but your "go to" response.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Noticed on Sportscene he was a guest at Parkhead yesterday and addressed the fans from the pitch.

If we haven't already, maybe Saints should invite him to a game soon too?

At hospitality yesterday they mentioned he has been invited for Dundee United as long as he is well enough to attend.

On 10/16/2022 at 6:45 PM, JJ McG said:

At hospitality yesterday they mentioned he has been invited for Dundee United as long as he is well enough to attend.

Does anyone know if Frank is going to attend tomorrow's game?

I watched a short interview Frank gave the other day, it seems he may not have long left, I'll admit it near brought me to tears...