St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/10/22

shull

Dundee Utd have a game, League Cup quarter final, on Tuesday against Kilmarnock so that might have some influence on our game on Saturday.

Unfortunately they, United, have picked up recently, I'd have preferred to have met them a few weeks ago.

They, generally, don't score many goals, similar to us TBH so I can see this being a tough game which could go either way.ย 

The bookies see it much clearer with us a red hot favourites.

image.thumb.png.121c26ed41e9665d20fd89c508f326a2.png

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Dundee Utd have a game, League Cup quarter final, on Tuesday against Kilmarnock so that might have some influence on our game on Saturday.

Unfortunately they, United, have picked up recently, I'd have preferred to have met them a few weeks ago.

They, generally, don't score many goals, similar to us TBH so I can see this being a tough game which could go either way.ย 

The bookies see it much clearer with us a red hot favourites.

image.thumb.png.121c26ed41e9665d20fd89c508f326a2.png

We played them a few weeks ago, we beat them 0-3 in August at the height of their bad run :D

9 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We played them a few weeks ago, we beat them 0-3 in August at the height of their bad run :D

We played them on the 20th of August?

They only picked up after the 1st of October.

Not exactly at the height of their bad run. ๐Ÿ˜œ

That's why I said I'd have preferred to play them a few weeks ago? ๐Ÿค”

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Would like to see Henderson get a run out , gives us a bit of speed & trickery up front .ย 

Also think Dunne needs to be benched, ย far too many mistakes and sclaffed clearances , Shaughnessy in for him .

Gogic to start ahead of Erhahonย 
ย 
ย 

Agree about Shaughnessy and Gogic starting, i would possibly start Brophy as well.

I thought Power got far too much time on the ball on Saturday, some of the players looked scared to tackle him and ย he was allowed to stroke it about with ease.ย 
ย 

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I was trying to indicate that playing them a few weeks ago would have been seen as an easier game, such as when we pumped them 3-0.ย 

So not every game is tough.ย 

Tic game was tough.... we could seriously create gap ...16 pts in 8 games...ย  unbeaten in 5 at home.. what the odds FAS ?

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

We played them on the 20th of August?

They only picked up after the 1st of October.

Not exactly at the height of their bad run. ๐Ÿ˜œ

That's why I said I'd have preferred to play them a few weeks ago? ๐Ÿค”

image.thumb.png.9c5bada5fd2103b992b4456221b6d96d.png

Dundee Utd last 10 results, where do you think the height of their bad run was? :D

Anyway, i think this is a very important game for us. Failure to win and we are suddenly on a run of three without victory, two of which were home games against teams below us. We then have two away games on the spin at Easter Road and up to Dingwall. With the league as tight as it is, any team who puts together a run of five or so games without a win will suddenly find themselves at the wrong end of the table, and we are certainly capable of putting together such a run.ย  Lose and Utd will be just four points behind us in 9th, 10th or 11th. We will be right back in the mixer going to Leith.

On the other hand if we do win we put ourselves on 19 points with a ten point cushion over United. I wouldn't say three points would see us safe, but not far from it. 38 points is almost always enough for 10th, and if we are half way there after 11 games it's going to take an almighty collapse for us to not return at least the same points total from the remaining 27 games.ย 

Fork in the road.

0-0

Edited by TopCat

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Anyway, i think this is a very important game for us. Failure to win and we are suddenly on a run of three without victory, two of which were home games against teams below us. We then have two away games on the spin at Easter Road and up to Dingwall. With the league as tight as it is, any team who puts together a run of five or so games without a win will suddenly find themselves at the wrong end of the table, and we are certainly capable of putting together such a run.ย  Lose and Utd will be just four points behind us in 9th, 10th or 11th. We will be right back in the mixer going to Leith.

On the other hand if we do win we put ourselves on 19 points with a ten point cushion over United. I wouldn't say three points would see us safe, but not far from it. 38 points is almost always enough for 10th, and if we are half way there after 11 games it's going to take an almighty collapse for us to not return at least the same points total from the remaining 27 games.ย 

Fork in the road.

0-0

Spot on.ย 

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

Fork in the road.

0-0

Spot on. Highs and lows are part of being a fan. Tight league once again in prospect.

1 hour ago, shull said:

SO

COME ON LIVI AND HEARTS

GET FECKING INTAE THE SECTARIAN CNUTS CELTIC AND SEVCO.

I have no more love of Livi or Hearts than I have for Celtic or Rangers. Particularly Hearts!!!

Whilst the truth is Iโ€™m not in the least bit arsed, if push cane to shove Iโ€™d be with you tonight. However if these were league games Iโ€™d be sayingโ€ฆ..come on you sectarian cunts, intae these cunts that are gonnae go above us if they win. ๐Ÿ˜€

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2