St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/10/22

shull

I have no more love of Livi or Hearts than I have for Celtic or Rangers. Particularly Hearts!!!
Whilst the truth is I’m not in the least bit arsed, if push cane to shove I’d be with you tonight. However if these were league games I’d be saying…..come on you sectarian cunts, intae these cunts that are gonnae go above us if they win. [emoji3]

Erm, they are league games.

On 10/17/2022 at 1:32 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Would like to see Henderson get a run out , gives us a bit of speed & trickery up front . 

Also think Dunne needs to be benched,  far too many mistakes and sclaffed clearances , Shaughnessy in for him .

Gogic to start ahead of Erhahon 

Agree here playing the two big guys upfront isn't working as neither are particularly good with the ball at their feet.  We need one to be holding the ball and getting it to someone that can make a direct run at the box 

I would bench main and start Henderson or Grieve. 

With crowds growing we need to maintain results and decent football. Killie game it just didn't kick and I think the issue was Ayunga and main not being able to get in decent runs to test their keeper. 

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Agree here playing the two big guys upfront isn't working as neither are particularly good with the ball at their feet.  We need one to be holding the ball and getting it to someone that can make a direct run at the box 

I would bench main and start Henderson or Grieve. 

With crowds growing we need to maintain results and decent football. Killie game it just didn't kick and I think the issue was Ayunga and main not being able to get in decent runs to test their keeper. 

Eh? That is the main reason why we are where we are in the league. 

However, like most players at a club of our stature, they'll have off days. One of those days was Saturday. Although there were a considerable number in that category on Saturday.

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I have no more love of Livi or Hearts than I have for Celtic or Rangers. Particularly Hearts!!!

Whilst the truth is I’m not in the least bit arsed, if push cane to shove I’d be with you tonight. However if these were league games I’d be saying…..come on you sectarian cunts, intae these cunts that are gonnae go above us if they win. 😀

Despite making a rip roaring c**t of that, I guess the sentiment of my post holds true. 🤣

42 minutes ago, antrin said:

Although His lack of opportunities against other clubs might be down to him not getting on the park that often…?

If he was deemed good enough by the manager, he'd get more opportunities.

Also, last season, he had 23 starts in all competitions and numerous sub appearances.

Having said that, I'd rather see him on the park than Kiltie.

The formation we play will limit Henderson's appearances. He won't replace Strain as wing back. And in that position he is physically weak ( see the second goal at Perth and his poor attempt to stop their wing back). His best chance is playing off Main or Ayunga but again he needs to muscle up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The formation we play will limit Henderson's appearances. He won't replace Strain as wing back. And in that position he is physically weak ( see the second goal at Perth and his poor attempt to stop their wing back). His best chance is playing off Main or Ayunga but again he needs to muscle up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I agree the formation we currently play does not naturally allow for Henderson but there lies the issue,  we try that formation and if it doesn’t work - we substitute players and replace with like for like formation.
Last week we took five off and didn’t change a thing - end result , we changed nothing and created bigger all .

Im not suggesting Henderson is some sort of wonder kid but if a system isn’t working, why not shake things up a bit by giving him or some of the other young guys a crack at things .  
From what I’ve seen of Henderson , he is direct, fast and will cause defenders problems .

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I agree the formation we currently play does not naturally allow for Henderson but there lies the issue,  we try that formation and if it doesn’t work - we substitute players and replace with like for like formation.
Last week we took five off and didn’t change a thing - end result , we changed nothing and created bigger all .

Im not suggesting Henderson is some sort of wonder kid but if a system isn’t working, why not shake things up a bit by giving him or some of the other young guys a crack at things .  
From what I’ve seen of Henderson , he is direct, fast and will cause defenders problems .

I actually don't think that he has a huge amount of pace and he tends not to be able to beat his man. He reminds me a bit of Simon Lappin.

I think his main strength is getting a good, early cross in from the wing, as evidenced by his role in Ronan's goal v Dundee last season. He's also got a decent hit on him, when he cuts inside.