St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/10/22

shull

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

I forgot to mention Richard Tait who i thought was excellent today as well. 

I felt we had a couple of more gears to go through today if we wanted too.

Moretti daft tonight 🍺

Guinness time for me. 

Looking forward to Sportscene again. 

I could get used to this winning malarky. 

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Brilliant win, Main was tremendous but what a shift from Baccus, an absolute engine.

Up the saints!!!!

Not bad for someone who was written off in the first game as being "too lightweight". :lol:

A superb signing.

The shine taken off his performance today by two incompetent tossers who deemed a tickle in the face with a balancing hand as a foul.

His part in that "goal" was outstanding.

Excellent game from us today. 

With 3 off the woodwork, var shafting us and with 2 in the net, our win was well deserved. 

What surprise me was the ref not giving our player a yellow after cancelling the goal, 🤔  since the Utd player went down claiming he was elbowed.

Great to see the numbers of fans in the family stand wearing black and white regardless of cheap, free tickets being given out. 

Sure beats seeing green and blue in the stand.  

An other game at home with the crowd not being far away from when we play the bigots, can't wait till we only need to give them the 800 seats in W6 (i think)  :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Excellent game from us today. 

With 3 off the woodwork, var shafting us and with 2 in the net, our win was well deserved. 

What surprise me was the ref not giving our player a yellow after cancelling the goal, 🤔  since the Utd player went down claiming he was elbowed.

Great to see the numbers of fans in the family stand wearing black and white regardless of cheap, free tickets being given out. 

Sure beats seeing green and blue in the stand.  

An other game at home with the crowd not being far away from when we play the bigots, can't wait till we only need to give them the 800 seats in W6 (i think)  :rolleyes:

Agree 100%.  Brilliant to see the Family stand almost full, regardless of how their attendance was funded. It's a brilliant initiative and will hopefully lead to numerous new buddies for years to come. Long may it continue.

3 hours ago, JJ McG said:

I forgot to mention Richard Tait who i thought was excellent today as well. 

I felt we had a couple of more gears to go through today if we wanted too.

Moretti daft tonight 🍺

Overall I thought he did well.

However, he was outjumped at the back post for both their goal and the Watt chance soon after. He needs to do better in both of these situations.

23 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Agree 100%.  Brilliant to see the Family stand almost full, regardless of how their attendance was funded. It's a brilliant initiative and will hopefully lead to numerous new buddies for years to come. Long may it continue.

And also against the bigots which sadly will annoy somebody on this forum. 

SR in his post match interview was less than coy when asked if he would be interested in the NI job - if offered it.

Just as we seem to be making progress we invariably are faced with the threat of a managerial change.

I suppose it's a sign that things are going well at the moment.

Edited by northstbuddie

Just got home , delighted with the points.

Certainly wasn’t a boring game but United did seem to have the ball much more than us.

The VAR was bizarre as it was for an offence much earlier than the penalty area but hey that’s how it goes.

Never thought we’d lose but certainly wasn’t a good referee yet again !

Less crowd than killie game but our home support is on the up which is great

Wasn’t a classic but very welcome [emoji4]

34 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Just got home , delighted with the points.

Certainly wasn’t a boring game but United did seem to have the ball much more than us.

The VAR was bizarre as it was for an offence much earlier than the penalty area but hey that’s how it goes.

Never thought we’d lose but certainly wasn’t a good referee yet again !

Less crowd than killie game but our home support is on the up which is great

Wasn’t a classic but very welcome emoji4.png

Outside of the VAR decision i thought the referee was decent.

I think most refs looking at it in the moment would probably give the foul if referred. Shouldn't have been referred.

First game with VAR and changes whole dynamic for refs. Will take time.

For me Grant Irvine is a cracking young ref going to FIFA level

Edited by lenziebud

Some great performances today, have to say Main was in his best form. Could be an asset. Should have been miles ahead of, and I must say, the poorest United team for a whole, but we held on and deserved the win. Only bad point was Ayunga who is not good enough and should be chased. Nevertheless things have been much worse 😄so let’s keep it going. 

6 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Some great performances today, have to say Main was in his best form. Could be an asset. Should have been miles ahead of, and I must say, the poorest United team for a whole, but we held on and deserved the win. Only bad point was Ayunga who is not good enough and should be chased. Nevertheless things have been much worse 😄so let’s keep it going. 

Ayunga who scored a perfectly good goal and hit the post, and who's also our top scorer this season thus far? 

Piffling nonsense. 

7 hours ago, munoz said:

Ayunga who scored a perfectly good goal and hit the post, and who's also our top scorer this season thus far? 

Piffling nonsense. 

He comes up with similar drivel every week.

Best ignored, either a sad troll or a dimwit...................................................or a dim troll. 

10 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Pretty much how I see most of what you post on here.

Doubt you were even at the match as the summation you gave could be taken by reading the forum posts.

You haven't a clue on strikers and consistently post this nonsense.

Main and Ayunga are a big part of the reason we are where we are in the league with Grieve really starting to look like he's fulfilling his potential also.

10 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Pretty much how I see most of what you post on here.

Doubt you were even at the match as the summation you gave could be taken by reading the forum posts.

You haven't a clue on strikers and consistently post this nonsense.

Main and Ayunga are a big part of the reason we are where we are in the league with Grieve really starting to look like he's fulfilling his potential also.

Aye, same "piffle", as my dad used to say, every week. 

Good game for the neutral yesterday. And another example of why you should ignore match statistics. We hit the woodwork twice, had a goal chopped off and scored one off the post but were listed as have no shots on target for the first half.

Chopping off Ayunga's goal was shocking - the incident was minor; Utd players were holding Baccus on his mazy run; and the incident was well before the goal was scored; and the ref had watched it all and deemed nothing was wrong. This was not 'clear and obvious'. Fans want to see goals and this was a well executed goal.

Disappointed for Joe not getting a game but happy for Greive.  He is a natural goal scorer and I would like to see him get more game time. I know the argument is he is weak however he never gives up and chases and harries everything. He is also composed and doesn't panic when an opportunity comes along.

A good day at the office. Onwards to Easter Rd.