Queens Park

saintargyll

Be interesting once they finally  finish Lesser Hampden  and start to play there. Once they have burned through the original £5m where do they raise money?
Depends how well they are doing. There is definitely potential there to be a reasonably big club (by Scottish standards). Dunno the capacity of Lesser Hampden, mind you.

5 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, guinness said:
Be interesting once they finally  finish Lesser Hampden  and start to play there. Once they have burned through the original £5m where do they raise money?

Depends how well they are doing. There is definitely potential there to be a reasonably big club (by Scottish standards). Dunno the capacity of Lesser Hampden, mind you.

:lol:

11 hours ago, Slarti said:
12 hours ago, guinness said:

It will be about 4,000. Their potential is to become another Partick Thistle, IMHO.

12 minutes ago, Slarti said:
12 hours ago, faraway saint said:
emoji38.png

I assume you disagree - but the thing about potential is that only those claiming it is there can be proven right, those claiming it isn't can only be proven wrong, so laugh away.

🤣🤣🤣

The riddler at his best. 🙄

Edited by faraway saint

Is it as big as 4000? I thought it was only about 2500.

Feck knows, here's what Wiki says:

In November 2019, the club released plans to upgrade Lesser Hampden to an SPFL-standard venue which included an extension of the existing west stand, a new east stand and associated facilities, with a seating capacity of 1,774.[2][15][5][16] Work on Lesser Hampden was delayed, which meant that Queen's Park had to groundshare at the Falkirk Stadium and at Firhill after their lease on Hampden expired.[17] The club released a revised plan in early December 2021;[18][19] within two weeks, demolition of the farmhouse and byre had commenced.[20]

It's like a script with you, a weird perception and pointless to take it any further. :byebye

What "weird perception"?

Because I say something that YOU don't agree with, it makes it "weird".

I still can't see what you thought was a riddle. It was straightforward, obvious and almost a perfect description.

Or is this another case of ou jumping in with both feet. Still waiting for you to say what "unprovable" thing was getting discussed in that other thread you jumped into with both feet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/16/2022 at 1:17 PM, faraway saint said:

So, 1500 capacity, aye they'll be another reasonably big club, by San Marino standards. 🤣🤣🤣

Get more in my garden. 😆

I was reading about this…. 1,500 is what I saw. I also saw some images of it and it’s tiny. 
IF they get promoted would this meet the league standards for SPFL? 
watching this with interest. 

The other potential is Ayr, would be interesting to see them up. Again, stadium meet criteria? Share with Killie? 

The championship is an interesting league this year with these teams doing well and Hamilton on the brink of sliding down a league. 

On 2/12/2023 at 12:50 PM, spankin_panda said:

I was reading about this…. 1,500 is what I saw. I also saw some images of it and it’s tiny. 
IF they get promoted would this meet the league standards for SPFL? 
watching this with interest. 

The other potential is Ayr, would be interesting to see them up. Again, stadium meet criteria? Share with Killie? 

The championship is an interesting league this year with these teams doing well and Hamilton on the brink of sliding down a league. 

Apparently the criteria has changed. I believe it's now classed as gold, silver and bronze, and Ayr's ground would certainly qualify. I believe the rules were amended when the league was reformed to accommodate Rangers. But anyway:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayr-uniteds-somerset-park-fit-13671640

See D.4 - https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Membership Criteria Letter 2023-24.pdf

Also see: https://spfl.co.uk/pages/rules-and-regulations

• 1 month later...