Hibs v St Mirren 29/10/22

faraway saint

15 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Never mind we'll play worse and win 

Alison Brie What GIF

And have with some squeaky results at home but have lost a barrow load of goals away. Not a convincing case for our tactics so far this season despite our points tally.

Edited by northstbuddie

Thought the pen was off Tait left elbow that was by his side, and not his right hand that was out. 

Without doing much upfront in the 1st half, we still made Marshall make 2 good saves. 

Did nothing in the 2nd half so it ended up being an easy win for the Hibs. 

To many trashing away from home, should surely tell the manager we need to change how we play away compared to how we play at home. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thought the pen was off Tait left elbow that was by his side, and not his right hand that was out. 

Without doing much upfront in the 1st half, we still made Marshall make 2 good saves. 

Did nothing in the 2nd half so it ended up being an easy win for the Hibs. 

To many trashing away from home, should surely tell the manager we need to change how we play away compared to how we play at home. 

Agreed.  Time for a plan b. Its worked well at times especially at home, but away from home we look really naive at times.

Today we had a few warnings before the penalty, but were happy to invite them on.

We never looked in control today , which is a similar trait to our other away defeats. If things aren't working we need to change tactics quicker. 

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Why is TAIT turning his back face the f**king ball FFs if it had missed his left arm it was hitting his outstreched right arm,, besides that he's been awful, his passing is a joke 

Richard Tait was outstanding last week and supplied regular crosses including one sublime cross for Main to score the first against United. He is getting on a bit, but at least he gives a fcuk unlike that perma crock Scott fcuking Tanser who is on a far greater salary than Richard Tait. 

@elvis We are not going to win every week.

Hibs have a playing budget twice that of St Mirren with far better facilities, coaches, sport scientists, physios, etc

Why don’t you go support the ugly sisters?

C7A844A4-5671-420E-8799-D9178E7BF8C7.jpeg.e65d09c3b7c6758fa0ed2a546d44bd3e.jpeg

Edited by SuperSaints1877

Another abysmal away performance. Apart from Carson and Baccus everyone was shocking. And worst of the lot Jonah Ayunga. If I was Grieve or Brophy I'd be thinking of giving up football. He's not a team player. Wants to be a show boater but he's not good enough. Cost us a goal today as did Gogic. At least Main puts some effort in Ayunga doesn't. Hopefully Tanser and Gallagher are back next week.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

Tait was at fault for utd goal last week...

And?

If he was a brilliant fullback he’d be a multimillionaire playing in the EPL like Paul Dummett whose only major domestic honour came while playing on loan at our club.

It’s way too easy to be critical of players actually playing for the first team.

I’d rather have players with guts and determination like Tait than over paid bench warmers or permanent injury prone players like Tanser and Brophy.

How much are these two wage stealers on?

Another abysmal away performance. Apart from Carson and Baccus everyone was shocking. And worst of the lot Jonah Ayunga. If I was Grieve or Brophy I'd be thinking of giving up football. He's not a team player. Wants to be a show boater but he's not good enough. Cost us a goal today as did Gogic. At least Main puts some effort in Ayunga doesn't. Hopefully Tanser and Gallagher are back next week.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Agreed on Ayunga, simple layoff and it’s potentially 2-1, instead he loses the ball and seconds later it’s 3-0, he knew it as well!!

Wasn’t just him that was honking though.

Shame as it took a lot of time and money to get there and back today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Richard Tait was outstanding last week and supplied regular crosses including one sublime cross for Main to score the first against United. He is getting on a bit, but at least he gives a fcuk unlike that perma crock Scott fcuking Tanser who is on a far greater salary than Richard Tait. 

@elvis We are not going to win every week.

Hibs have a playing budget twice that of St Mirren with far better facilities, coaches, sport scientists, physios, etc

Why don’t you go support the ugly sisters?

C7A844A4-5671-420E-8799-D9178E7BF8C7.jpeg.e65d09c3b7c6758fa0ed2a546d44bd3e.jpeg

I'm not expecting them to win every week but come on to f**k at least have a go we give teams so much space to do what they want the inevitable happen it should have been about six

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm not expecting them to win every week but come on to f**k at least have a go we give teams so much space to do what they want the inevitable happen it should have been about six

FFS Elvis. Considering our damning League Cup campaign our league success should be applauded.

Unfortunately as you often predict we usually lose more than we win.

Besides Carson the rest were really poor today not doing the very basics. Besides the shocking performance I was really disappointed we did nothing in the first half to change it. We were being roasted down that left side yet did nothing about it. OK Tait was taken off at half time but a couple of other changes should have been made Ayangu especially. Away from home we are rank and need a Plan B

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Bad day at the office

Possibly, none of the players are contracted as office workers though.  I'd say that we were porly organised, ould put a good delivery into the box and looked slow compared to Hibs.

MoTM was presumably awarded on the basis of how easy it was to bully the saints midfield and attack.  Nobody got stuck in

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Possibly, none of the players are contracted as office workers though.  I'd say that we were porly organised, ould put a good delivery into the box and looked slow compared to Hibs.

MoTM was presumably awarded on the basis of how easy it was to bully the saints midfield and attack.  Nobody got stuck in

Yip you can't get stuck in when your sitting five yards off them letting them pretty much do what the hell they wanted with the ball.

12 games in and 6 pens against us, and not even a sniff of 1 for us   :(

With 4 of them being hand ball, players need to learn to keep their hand down. 

Would also be nice if our keeper could get some lessons off Hladky on how to save them   :rolleyes: