Green Vermin v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 18/1/23 Wednesday

shull

• shull changed the title to Green Vermin v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 18/1/23 Wednesday

Not a lot of love for this thread or the Dundee one.

I'm a wee bit fearful for this game. Think it comes at a bad time for us. We've just come off the back of two games where the players are probably feeling a bit down after only taking one point when it should have been at least 4. A spanking off Celtic would not be great for morale. Fortunately (and here I go with the famous last words), I think we've become a team now that is unlikely to get battered by anyone. Not writing off a sneaky win either which is why I've stuck a cheeky wee tenner on us at 20/1.

As for the other Wednesday games, United and Rangers wins please. As for Hearts v Aberdeen. What do we reckon? Should we just write off 3rd place and want a Hearts win, or are we confident enough to want a sheep win?

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As for the other Wednesday games, United and Rangers wins please. As for Hearts v Aberdeen. What do we reckon? Should we just write off 3rd place and want a Hearts win, or are we confident enough to want a sheep win?

I am positive on St.Mirren but even I don't think 3rd is an option even in my wildest dreams so Sheep to get stuffed gets my vote.

Don't see us getting much from the Celtic game but I live in hope of another point on the road

If Celtic play their usual game and we press high as we normally do we have a small chance of getting something. Gogic MUST keep his place. Shaughnessy has surely given SR food for thought. My big worries are that they get an early goal and/or we aren't likely take the so few chances we're likely to get. Heart says we sneak a draw. Head says no chance and hope we leave with our collective heads held high.

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If Celtic play their usual game and we press high as we normally do we have a small chance of getting something. Gogic MUST keep his place. Shaughnessy has surely given SR food for thought. My big worries are that they get an early goal and/or we aren't likely take the so few chances we're likely to get. Heart says we sneak a draw. Head says no chance and hope we leave with our collective heads held high.

Absolutely this. 
If we sit deep we are f**ked. Need to get right in their faces on the half way line.

Centre back selection will be interesting. What was frightening on Friday was seeing Gallagher playing in a non central position. He was criminally slow. We can’t have that on Wednesday. Can’t imagine Big Joe would be much faster in that position? Obviously Dunne will be available again but with him and Taylor both being lefties, it makes things awkward.  Can we play a lefty on the right just to utilise their pace and play either Gallagher or Shaughnessy in the middle? 

Is Baccus definitely suspended for this one? If so I hope to f**k O’Hara is fit.

Assume if he is it’ll be Gogic, Erhahon and O’Hara in Midfield. If not it, Gogic, Erhahon and an Kiltie which gives me the fear. Especially given how bad Kiltie was on Friday. 

ETA - Assuming we’re willing to play the sellable asset. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

40 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is Baccus definitely suspended for this one? If so I hope to f**k O’Hara is fit.

Assume if he is it’ll be Gogic, Erhahon and O’Hara in Midfield. If not it, Gogic, Erhahon and an Kiltie which gives me the fear. Especially given how bad Kiltie was on Friday. 

ETA - Assuming we’re willing to play the sellable asset. 🤷‍♂️

No.

His suspension starts 14 days after his fifth booking which means he'll miss the Motherwell game. Scottish cup is different competition, so he'll be O.K. for Dundee.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Absolutely this. 
If we sit deep we are f**ked. Need to get right in their faces on the half way line.

Centre back selection will be interesting. What was frightening on Friday was seeing Gallagher playing in a non central position. He was criminally slow. We can’t have that on Wednesday. Can’t imagine Big Joe would be much faster in that position? Obviously Dunne will be available again but with him and Taylor both being lefties, it makes things awkward.  Can we play a lefty on the right just to utilise their pace and play either Gallagher or Shaughnessy in the middle? 

TBF we are not guilty of the old habit of sitting back and eventually getting humped.

The manager has changed that and that's why I feel we have a chance against most teams this season, especially at home. 

It's been a long time since I've been so positive most weeks, usually I bet on us to lose, hardly done that this season. 

Sure, we won't win but we're usually in with a shout in almost every game, especially recently. 

Agreed. That why I said in a previous post that I don’t think we’re the type of team to get pumped now. Mainly because we don’t just sit back deep and we get in the oppositions’ faces.

Whether it’ll be enough on a Wednesday night remains to be seen but I definitely share your increased optimism. 👍

Unfortunately I can't see anything but a Home win for this match. 👎

I'd love to come away from C*lt*c Park with at least a point but I'm not sure we will.  I certainly wouldn't put money on it.

The Green Meanies 2-1 St. Mirren and for one of the Green Meanies goals to be controversial but the Referee not bother to watch the replay on the VAR screen. 😔

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Buddies can watch the game via Celtic's PPV platform for £13 which is a fair bit better than the eye watering £32 they are charging to attend the game.

https://ppv.celticfc.tv/

If you do order this do you have to place a massive pole between your eyeline and the screen for a realistic match day experience?

F3083BAC-F0CB-4D81-B446-E2BC94CC0A09.jpeg.2f28e7b737296a457da94d2ef6a2e8bd.jpeg