Green Vermin v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 18/1/23 Wednesday

shull

As well beat as we were, it was just our luck our goal was just offside, 2 of theirs just on, them the luck.

Good effort off the bar and a save by Hart that could be as good as any by him in his career. 

We got Celtic at their best and sadly not the Celtic Killie played on Sat. 

For all their possession, they only had 6 shots on target to our 3. 

On the bright side, nobody got sent off or booked for a change. 

3 hours ago, Slarti said:
12 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:
I'll put my neck on the line {as usual :rolleyes:}  and say this will be our lowest position of the whole season

Lets hear it after 3  123.....  The only way is up.... baby for me and you now .....

200.gif

We've already been lower this season.

Disna count 

prediction was made on 18/01/2023 :rolleyes:

Just watched the highlights, Saints looked very poor at defending and well beaten as I’d suspected. Hate to be pessimistic but the team is slipping down the league and will likely continue thus as goal scoring looks to be a lost art. Survival and a possible cup run is the best we can hope for. That’s one win in eight games. Not good enough. 

17 hours ago, Wooden Saint said:

I don't usually post straight after a game, feelings can run high but I wasn't expecting too much at Parkhead as I've seen plenty of shambolic performances from us over the years.

We've went there umpteen times and sat back, hardly got out of our own half and went down without even getting close to their goalkeeper.

Tonight, despite the result, wasn't like that as I seen it.

We were under heavy pressure for long periods but with a wee bit of luck could have scored a couple of goals. 

I prefer that approach rather than sitting in for the whole game.

Made up my mind that I'll make the long journey to the game on saturday as we need a strong home support and a win. 

100%. They’re a far better team than us but on occasion we didn’t stand back and let them prove it.

The 9 shots on target is much better than some. If Peter Grant thought we were ok then it’s good enough for me.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:08 PM, portmahomack saint said:

I'll put my neck on the line {as usual :rolleyes:}  and say this will be our lowest position of the whole season

Lets hear it after 3  123.....  The only way is up.... baby for me and you now .....

Aretha Franklin Dancing GIF by Eurythmics

Am I being whooshed here? I believe that's Annie Lennox and the song was by Yazz.

That's not even the whoosh.

I am curious if you REALLY think we'll not be lower than seventh from now till season's end.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The song was by Otis Clay.

Yazz covered it. 😎😜

I knew that but, to admit that, it would make me seem as old as you, Ya auld c*nt!

ETA. In case your senility allowed you to forget what it sounded like:

Edited by stlucifer

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Am I being whooshed here? I believe that's Annie Lennox and the song was by Yazz.

That's not even the whoosh.

I am curious if you REALLY think we'll not be lower than seventh from now till season's end.

Never gave it much thought actually was just sounding off....  let me think about it and I'll get back ta ye   :rolleyes: