Possible Questions for the SMISA meeting

animal

By the time of the Club AGM, possibly in January 2023, the accounts that will be presented for approval will be around 7 months out of date. The company’s financial year ended on the 31st of May. 

A quick look at the fixture list will show you the only remaining home games before the break are with Dundee United, St. Johnstone and Rangers. Only the Rangers game will bring in any real amount of cash – say £30,000. There are then no home games, and therefore no income, from the 12th of November to the Aberdeen game on Christmas Eve.
Valid questions for SMISA members to ask at their meeting next week might be:-

What is the Club’s current cash position?
Will that be enough to see the Club beyond the end of this year?
If not, how much cash will be needed to keep the Club alive until then?
Has the entire £1.7 million government loan been spent?

31 minutes ago, animal said:

By the time of the Club AGM, possibly in January 2023, the accounts that will be presented for approval will be around 7 months out of date. The company’s financial year ended on the 31st of May. 

A quick look at the fixture list will show you the only remaining home games before the break are with Dundee United, St. Johnstone and Rangers. Only the Rangers game will bring in any real amount of cash – say £30,000. There are then no home games, and therefore no income, from the 12th of November to the Aberdeen game on Christmas Eve.

Will you be there to ask the questions?

With Mr McPherson having left (I’m losing track of all the sudden departures at the club) and SMiSA’s unhappiness with the club board’s financial management, next week’s meeting will see them face difficult questions. I’d encourage as many members to show up unless that meeting is ditched as the club board did with last year’s AGM. We need answers.

16 hours ago, animal said:

The crowd last week against Killie was bigger than Celtic crowd. Keep playing well and crowds will come.

My usual pre-match call round has brought more disturbing news. There’s been yet another resignation from the SMISA board that’s been kept very quiet. The only woman member has now resigned! Club debt is alarming and may have to be rescued with cash from outside!

27 minutes ago, glen said:

My usual pre-match call round has brought more disturbing news. There’s been yet another resignation from the SMISA board that’s been kept very quiet. The only woman member has now resigned! Club debt is alarming and may have to be rescued with cash from outside!

So, you decided to post this twice?

Desperation. :thumbsdown

On 10/21/2022 at 3:34 PM, animal said:

It seems your questions will have to wait for a month. I wonder why that might be ?

My questions:

- what does success look like from St Mirren in the next 3 years?

- how does our youth set up look like and is their talents like John McGinn there.

- what is our financial outlook like in a recession?

Think these are reasonable without having a melt down .

You have certain posters on here gloating on the leaving of Directors both in the Club and SMISA then in the same posts hinting at some sort of financial apocalypse in the club. If the later is true then good riddance to those Directors as the Club.

As for the SMISA changes. Long over due. SMISA is now at a different stage and as such needs different people at the helm to assist in that change in direction. If the resignations breeds new blood with fresh ideas, fantastic.  

The way some of the posts on here are presented are like the idle tittle tattle you get from your white Audi TT driving hairdresser when your in for a short back and sides.

37 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

I am not a member of SMISA but having read the electoral submissions I would think the experience of candidates is very important.  

Stuart Gilmour's comments certainly reflect his awareness of the need and the road to take the club forward within fan ownership.

His comments are gaslighting of the highest order. He praises SMISA to the high heavens for holding off 'investment' from Argentina, Italy and USA.

Easy for him to decry the Argentinian 'investment' as bogus now (which he did by placing it in inverted commas)  - he absolutely championed it as the saviour of the club at the time and was hell bent on pushing it through to get out at any cost.

His manifesto read like a post on here - loads of 'those are the bad guys and I'm here to stop them' type shenanigans without actually saying anything or providing proper backup of what he's actually trying to stop.

I've used up all four of my votes. None of them were for SGG. It's time for fresh faces, not steps back into the old days.

51 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

I am not a member of SMISA but having read the electoral submissions I would think the experience of candidates is very important.  

Stuart Gilmour's comments certainly reflect his awareness of the need and the road to take the club forward within fan ownership.

Willie Bell is the man!