Jump to content

Possible Questions for the SMISA meeting


animal
 Share

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

I am not a member of SMISA but having read the electoral submissions I would think the experience of candidates is very important.  

Stuart Gilmour's comments certainly reflect his awareness of the need and the road to take the club forward within fan ownership.

John White is all about him and what he is going to do not what Smisa is going to do to keep us on top of Kibble and finances 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


SGG the Boris Johnson of St Mirren. 

Take £100k’s off SMISA then want to sit at the table for £12/month.  

Brings some real context to the extent of bullshit rumours doing their rounds over the last few weeks.

The audacity of this is incredible. Even his statement is having a “between the lines” kick at the Club, Kibble and SMISA. Better vote him as he knows best.

The later years of his stewardship of the club were the most depressing times of being a fan of St Mirren. Sack Danny Lennon replace him with Craig, Teale, Murray then Rae. No fan engagement other than tell us we knew feck all and we needed a R**gers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

SGG the Boris Johnson of St Mirren. 

Take £100k’s off SMISA then want to sit at the table for £12/month.  

Brings some real context to the extent of bullshit rumours doing their rounds over the last few weeks.

The audacity of this is incredible. Even his statement is having a “between the lines” kick at the Club, Kibble and SMISA. Better vote him as he knows best.

The later years of his stewardship of the club were the most depressing times of being a fan of St Mirren. Sack Danny Lennon replace him with Craig, Teale, Murray then Rae. No fan engagement other than tell us we knew feck all and we needed a R**gers.

 

Stop posting sense and making me agree with you.:rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Stop posting sense and making me agree with you.:rolleyes:

SMISA are approaching the recruitment for new Directors all of the wrong way. 

I get the sentiments of wanting people to come forward and put themselves up for a vote as this is perceived that they care and will bring ideas to the table

SMISA have a list of members and presumably some background to their occupations. Why not hang up the ego and approach some of these members through a recruitment drive to be a Director of SMISA or be on the committee. It is evident that SMISA needs a change of direction, it needs new leaders with new ideas.

If there are no suitable candidates within the membership then go outside and get the required experience of Non-Exec Directors that are on the board to represent the Club and SMISA.

SMISA is at a stage in i its evolution where it needs to stand and make a mark. We are beyond raising money for towels.They need to ensure that the people on the Board have the decorum ability to listen, challenge and debate decisions that are getting made for the Club. Do the current candidates have the required skill set of where SMISA is at the moment.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

SGG the Boris Johnson of St Mirren. 

Take £100k’s off SMISA then want to sit at the table for £12/month.  

Brings some real context to the extent of bullshit rumours doing their rounds over the last few weeks.

The audacity of this is incredible. Even his statement is having a “between the lines” kick at the Club, Kibble and SMISA. Better vote him as he knows best.

The later years of his stewardship of the club were the most depressing times of being a fan of St Mirren. Sack Danny Lennon replace him with Craig, Teale, Murray then Rae. No fan engagement other than tell us we knew feck all and we needed a R**gers.

 

To be brutally honest to have SG back involved with the club would make a complete mockery of the direction the club is moving in now. Whether people like it or not, Kibble are here to stay. They do have a sizeable share in club really.

Get SG back on board and the generous budgets we have given managers will go, pipedreams of top 6 instead of now a distinct reality although it has taken quite some time to get a team capable of doing it.

Imo he just wants to be involved again for own ego and definitely not for the benefit of the club.

Coincidentally on the subject of Danny Lennon sacking or refusal to offer new contract. I remember watching the post match interviews of the 2013 Cup final with SG and Lennon, not very comfortable watching, even mentioned it to a few and it did seem that it was an irritant that lennon had led us to win the cup.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

To be brutally honest to have SG back involved with the club would make a complete mockery of the direction the club is moving in now. Whether people like it or not, Kibble are here to stay. They do have a sizeable share in club really.

Get SG back on board and the generous budgets we have given managers will go, pipedreams of top 6 instead of now a distinct reality although it has taken quite some time to get a team capable of doing it.

Imo he just wants to be involved again for own ego and definitely not for the benefit of the club.

Coincidentally on the subject of Danny Lennon sacking or refusal to offer new contract. I remember watching the post match interviews of the 2013 Cup final with SG and Lennon, not very comfortable watching, even mentioned it to a few and it did seem that it was an irritant that lennon had led us to win the cup.

 

He stood in the student union the last day of the season in 2014 and told me and 4 others that there was a board meeting on Monday and he wanted Danny gone, not renewed.

I told him he was bang out of order for discussing it so openly with supporters and also out of order for cutting a guy adrift who'd done a very decent job and he looked each of us in the eye and said we'd be moving on to bigger and better things. Less than a week later, Tommy Craig was in charge.

Nah, his time in the sun has been and gone - no need to go back to the days of old. He served a purpose when the club needed him and over the piece, did so quite well. There's no need for him to be anywhere near SMFC now as anything other than a supporter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He stood in the student union the last day of the season in 2014 and told me and 4 others that there was a board meeting on Monday and he wanted Danny gone, not renewed.

I told him he was bang out of order for discussing it so openly with supporters and also out of order for cutting a guy adrift who'd done a very decent job and he looked each of us in the eye and said we'd be moving on to bigger and better things. Less than a week later, Tommy Craig was in charge.

Nah, his time in the sun has been and gone - no need to go back to the days of old. He served a purpose when the club needed him and over the piece, did so quite well. There's no need for him to be anywhere near SMFC now as anything other than a supporter.

So going by your first two paragraphs, quite the charmer isn't he? Devoid of decency and any people management skills. This is the last thing the club needs at this moment, somebody like SG getting back in.

If he manages to we might as well turn the clock back nr 10 years and start all over again..............

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having had a look at the prospective candidates blogs then I think it is safe to assume that SG will be back unfortunately. 4 positions with 6 candidates apparently.

Anyway I have tried to stay out of the whole SMISA/Kibble debate but after reading SG's comments about them...........

Kibble whether people like them involved or not is immaterial. A very clever move by them and the work that they are involved in. What they don't have to do now is approach companies to see if they will provide training places, they now have a 'captive audience' of club sponsors who may feel obliged to do so as it will 'benefit the community', blah, blah, blah.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Willie Bell, Kenny Lang and John White would be excellent for SMiSA and the Club, I might even rejoin SMiSA if they are appointed. I don’t believe that now is the time for younger board members although I would encourage them to attend SMiSA regular meetings to gain experience. Mr Gilmour when putting his shares up for sale said he was tired of running the club, he also advised that we support Rangers cause when they faced being dropped into the bottom tier because it would be Armageddon if we didn’t, the supporters felt differently and were proven right. He was good for the club in many ways back in the day, but In regard to the points mentioned I don’t believe he should return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

Willie Bell, Kenny Lang and John White would be excellent for SMiSA and the Club, I might even rejoin SMiSA if they are appointed. I don’t believe that now is the time for younger board members although I would encourage them to attend SMiSA regular meetings to gain experience. Mr Gilmour when putting his shares up for sale said he was tired of running the club, he also advised that we support Rangers cause when they faced being dropped into the bottom tier because it would be Armageddon if we didn’t, the supporters felt differently and were proven right. He was good for the club in many ways back in the day, but In regard to the points mentioned I don’t believe he should return.

Tend to agree on all of this.  However, if there are 4 to be appointed then we will have at least one of SG, or the 2 younger chaps.   
 

Am I right in thinking that these 4 being nominated to the SMISA board are completely separate to the nomination of the SMISA representatives (Directors) for the club board?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SGG comments that SMISA have spent too much time trying to increase membership. Well SGG being a Director is a sure way of potentially reducing that membership

Ironic that SMISA membership surged  way back on the sales pitch to the fans to put their money in to get rid of SGG and his clique. Now that they have cashed their chips in they want back. This time freewheeling on the coattails of the fans cash not their own. His statement infers that he sold his shares to SMISA to save us from the Argentinians, Italians one the yanks. What utter bullshit. He did not want to sell to GLS, or SMISA. If he had any intention of selling to the fans he would have done that they day he decided to back stab the other directors and created is unique clique. 

If he really wants to deal with Kibble then he should put his hand in his pocket and buy their shares then he can sit back at the table.

SMISA this is a backwards step that will have an impact on membership, control as well as being contradictory to the being of SMISA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Threads like this go someway to keeping the forum going for me. I'm drawn to them in the same way I like other conspiracy theories. It's interesting to me, how people arrive at these baseless and outlandish views. 

For me though, this one is a bit more tame than the others. We only have to wait until January (when the club will inevitably still be functioning) to know LPM/ Stu Dick/ BTB/ Oakster or whoever this poster may be has wet their knickers over nothing at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Threads like this go someway to keeping the forum going for me. I'm drawn to them in the same way I like other conspiracy theories. It's interesting to me, how people arrive at these baseless and outlandish views. 

 

Agree. I can always rely on you to offer the middle ground on all of these debates. 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We all have elements of failures but this negativity over Gilmour's motivation in getting on the board is excessive. 

When he and other directors put the club up for sale he did so, not because he had failed and the club was in a desperate condition but because he achieved a debt-free club which was very rare in Scotland.  Added to that was the negotiations and achievement of selling Love St and building our present stadium which was, undoubtedly, a success.  I remember him outside Love St with a pail encouraging fans to throw some cash into it in order to fight the debt at that time.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/sep/07/st-mirren-shares-sale-scottish-premier-league

Gilmour has no intension of taking over the club but just wants to offer advice on the road to take.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

We all have elements of failures but this negativity over Gilmour's motivation in getting on the board is excessive. 

When he and other directors put the club up for sale he did so, not because he had failed and the club was in a desperate condition but because he achieved a debt-free club which was very rare in Scotland.  Added to that was the negotiations and achievement of selling Love St and building our present stadium which was, undoubtedly, a success.  I remember him outside Love St with a pail encouraging fans to throw some cash into it in order to fight the debt at that time.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/sep/07/st-mirren-shares-sale-scottish-premier-league

Gilmour has no intension of taking over the club but just wants to offer advice on the road to take.

Thanks Mr Gilmour. 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Maboza said:

Tend to agree on all of this.  However, if there are 4 to be appointed then we will have at least one of SG, or the 2 younger chaps.   
 

Am I right in thinking that these 4 being nominated to the SMISA board are completely separate to the nomination of the SMISA representatives (Directors) for the club board?  

They will not be on the club board, so Mr Gilmour would be an option for voters as a mentor to stop the draining away of club finances, rein in the big spenders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...