VAR

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Even Michael Stewart on sportscene reckoned it was harsh to disallow Ayunga's goal. Most of us totally agree 😊

Players going down to easy, as if they had just come up against Ali. 

Edited by pod

I was surprised ref didn't book Baccus for a raised hand since that what he gave the foul for.

The Utd player was back on his feet within a few second when he realised he wasn't getting the foul. 

Reckon the rookie ref was just afraid of going against the opinion of the senior ref. 

Wonder if he still stand by his decision  🤔

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

I would be amazed if the managers and boards agree that it's working. As for Maxwell suggesting the majority of fans thinking it's working. What planet is he on? It's a crock of shit and should be binned for the rest of the season.

6 hours ago, elvis said:

Has Maxwell.

6 hours ago, elvis said:

Have you spoken to all the fans? 😜😜😜

I wouldn't have bothered viewing FS's post as I have him on ignore but this proves I'm right to keep him in that category.

I will answer this though.

I don't need to speak to ALL fans as I have spoken to enough, from lots of different clubs, to realise that there are many who don't think it's working and that it is adding to the controversy. It's Maxwell who needs to back up his claim. Some of the VAR decisions have been nothing short of shocking and appears to suggest that, the more time our officials have to look at incidents, the more bizarre their conclusions. 

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I wouldn't have bothered viewing FS's post as I have him on ignore but this proves I'm right to keep him in that category.

I will answer this though.

I don't need to speak to ALL fans as I have spoken to enough, from lots of different clubs, to realise that there are many who don't think it's working and that it is adding to the controversy. It's Maxwell who needs to back up his claim. Some of the VAR decisions have been nothing short of shocking and appears to suggest that, the more time our officials have to look at incidents, the more bizarre their conclusions. 

It's just allowed refs to be even more incompetent.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:02 PM, stlucifer said:

I would be amazed if the managers and boards agree that it's working. As for Maxwell suggesting the majority of fans thinking it's working. What planet is he on? It's a crock of shit and should be binned for the rest of the season.

I can't imagine there are a majority of fans happy with VAR. It has been an utter (predictable) car crash & just like it has elsewhere, it has only moved the controversy and slowed the beautiful game/ took the edge off big game moments. Noted some fans in the West stand for our goals against St Johnstone & Rangers, jokingly cheering at kick off once it was confirmed VAR wasn't checking anything linked to the goal. 

There was a fair bit of conversation on social media that VAR was good because it will help with fairer refereeing regarding the bigot brothers getting more, dodgy ref decisions. That was never going to be the case (as we have seen in the most recent Rangers game) given VAR doesn't check run off play ref decisions. Wonder if a few are now thinking they got that reasoning wrong? 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I can't imagine there are a majority of fans happy with VAR. It has been an utter (predictable) car crash & just like it has elsewhere, it has only moved the controversy and slowed the beautiful game/ took the edge off big game moments. Noted some fans in the West stand for our goals against St Johnstone & Rangers, jokingly cheering at kick off once it was confirmed VAR wasn't checking anything linked to the goal. 

There was a fair bit of conversation on social media that VAR was good because it will help with fairer refereeing regarding the bigot brothers getting more, dodgy ref decisions. That was never going to be the case (as we have seen in the most recent Rangers game) given VAR doesn't check run off play ref decisions. Wonder if a few are now thinking they got that reasoning wrong? 🤷‍♂️

I would agree with most of that . In my opinion and experience talking with others , including fans of several other teams   Is there is a majority against VAR .
Now not sure if this is folk against the concept of VAR or the implementation of it but for Maxwell to dismiss it by saying he disagrees that fans are saying it’s not working is a very broad and sweeping statement - have the SFA canvased fans views or is Maxwell simply listening to the ones he wants to hear ? 

The World Cup VAR experience has done little to convince me that this is good for the game. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, exiledfan said:

I really don't think VAR has done anything to aid the in game experience in the stadium. Too much time not doing what's going on. Bin it soon please 

Never going away sadly.

I think we would all appreciate feedback from the referee by mic’ing up the referee as they do in rugby. 

That would be better for the people in the stadium. Those at home on tv can often receive feedback so why not those paying customers in the stadium?

• 4 weeks later...

Nicky Clark: St Johnstone win appeal against striker's red card against Rangers -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64482244

Think we need someone on VARdict that knows what they're talking about. [emoji1787]

VARdict duo disagree on Nicky Clark red card at Ibrox - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64450420

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Nicky Clark: St Johnstone win appeal against striker's red card against Rangers -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64482244

Think we need someone on VARdict that knows what they're talking about. emoji1787.png

VARdict duo disagree on Nicky Clark red card at Ibrox - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64450420

Both of them talking pish.  If you replace them then it will be with 2 other pish-talkers

The best idead is record sportscene and fast-forward on this section and any other where you can see whatever twat is doing the talking