St Mirren v Sevco (2012) SPFL PREMIERSHIP 12/11/22

shull

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

For me, the biggest positive today was the work rate by every one of our players. If only we witnessed that much effort from the entire team in every game we played the supporters would have nothing to complain about. 

Main was my MOM today, a terrific non-stop display from him, and he showed more ball skills than I believed he possessed.

Disappointing that we didn't hang on to our lead, but I can't criticise any of our players after that terrific effort today.

COYS.

Main did indeed put in a helluva shift but because of that , he looked gubbed after 70-75 mins . Could have done with fresh legs for the last 20 mins or so. 

The whole squad now have a few weeks to have a break from the competitive stuff , regroup and and come back ready for 2022-23 part 2 .

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Just watched that on TV it was never a penalty in a million years.

I watched the game on Hesgoals . In real time i thought , f**k no . Then when the first replay showed I thought diving bastard .

Third viewing ?  I’m afraid penalty for me ….. soft but still a penalty 😕.    

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I watched the game on Hesgoals . In real time i thought , f**k no . Then when the first replay showed I thought diving bastard .

Third viewing ?  I’m afraid penalty for me ….. soft but still a penalty 😕.    

I've watched it a few times since the game- not a penalty for me. 

Having been away for the day and missing game but keeping a sneaky eye on score I would have said very decent point to get.

Apparently Mrs CS says better things to do on a Saturday🙄🙄🙄🙄

Anyway back to topic, never a penalty in a million years and it has to be said after an appalling year of VAR in English Premier where everything was scrutinised beyond belief, this season there is a bit more common sense applied this season.

Hopefully such decisions won't stand next season in SPL.

It was a dive.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Main did indeed put in a helluva shift but because of that , he looked gubbed after 70-75 mins . Could have done with fresh legs for the last 20 mins or so. 

I was expecting Main to be subbed when we took off Ayunga 

Was only able to follow the game on radio yesterday, but sounded as if we definitely deserved the point, and maybe could have had all three. Main and Ayunga on top form against an OF team again, and everyone else playing their part. Well done to all the players and the manager!

Looking back on the season so far, we might have had a few more points (think Motherwell and St. Johnstone at home), but I think we have to be happy with where we stand at the moment.

Hope the team has a decent rest and comes back in good form for the tough games over the Festive Season. Good Luck to Baccus in the WC! No injuries, please.

COYS!!

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

Was only able to follow the game on radio yesterday, but sounded as if we definitely deserved the point, and maybe could have had all three. Main and Ayunga on top form against an OF team again, and everyone else playing their part. Well done to all the players and the manager!

Looking back on the season so far, we might have had a few more points (think Motherwell and St. Johnstone at home), but I think we have to be happy with where we stand at the moment.

Hope the team has a decent rest and comes back in good form for the tough games over the Festive Season. Good Luck to Baccus in the WC! No injuries, please.

COYS!!

I agree with all that. Last season at home was pretty painful, but now £330 quid for a season ticket feels good value. 

I actually went into yesterday looking at that line up from Rangers hopeful of a result.

Hopefully we can find a formula that works away from home. 

Sometimes I feel we just miss that little bit of luck at times getting the benefit of some referee decisions and bounces in the box. 

22 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

I called it straight away, not even got a mentioned on Sky...

It definitely did get mentioned because the ref gave a foul AGAINST Ayunga for that. In normal play I thought it looked like a correct decision, it was only when I saw the close up replay I thought it looked like it could easily have gone the other way.

As for the actual penalty I’m afraid it was a stonewaller for me. Naive challenge by Fraser. He should have just let Kent go past him once he knew he wasn’t going to be able to fairly challenge him. The way he was playing he’d probably have ballooned his cross out for a throw in. 
Overall though, an excellent performance and I agree with those who say it felt more like s defeat. We need to learn to see games out. As @faraway saint said, we’ve arguably dropped 4 points in the last few days for that very reason. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

It was a pen... whats worrying is how wrong the ref got it... get a new tv... as yours is obviously 12 inch b& w

Nope I stick by my opinion it was never a penalty when you see it from different angles he never even touched him.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It definitely did get mentioned because the ref gave a foul AGAINST Ayunga for that. In normal play I thought it looked like a correct decision, it was only when I saw the close up replay I thought it looked like it could easily have gone the other way.

As for the actual penalty I’m afraid it was a stonewaller for me. Naive challenge by Fraser. He should have just let Kent go past him once he knew he wasn’t going to be able to fairly challenge him. The way he was playing he’d probably have ballooned his cross out for a throw in. 
Overall though, an excellent performance and I agree with those who say it felt more like s defeat. We need to learn to see games out. As @faraway saint said, we’ve arguably dropped 4 points in the last few days for that very reason. 

Fraser was guilty of holding back a little-had he been even a little more committed in the tackle then he would indeed have got his touch and avoided the penalty.  I guess this highlights that players need to learn how to play the VAR game, especially defenders who until now have been shit-scared of tackling in the box because of the increase in diving in recent years.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Nope I stick by my opinion it was never a penalty when you see it from different angles he never even touched him.

First viewing, no Pen. Second viewing soft Pen.  Kent was on his way down regardless of whether Marcus Fraser chopped him or looked at him. VAR is not a magic panacea and there’s a lot more of this to come.  9 minutes injury time ffs and that’s notwithstanding the injury.

Great effort from the team. But what I want to know is were is that defending and effort at away games. Didn't think Ayunga should have been in the starting line up. But he had one of his better games, but we need to see more of that from him. Main was excellent, won a lot of ball and his work rate was excellent. Without the pen and it was a pen, I don't think sevco would have scored. Now weeks of the every 4 years snore fest. Go Australia [emoji1037]

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

In determining the validity of the penalty depended on the angle and what camera viewed it.  From one it was and the other it wasn't.  There are two things which are true; there was a definitely a diving element from Kent and defenders should only block rather than tackle as the risk of a penalty is severe especially against a  player as quick as Kent.

Edited by Jockmd

In determining the validity of the penalty depended on the angle and what camera viewed it.  From one it was and the other it wasn't.  There are two things which are true; there was a definitely a diving element from Kent and defenders should only block rather than tackle as the risk of a penalty is severe especially against a  player as quick as Kent.
Even Marcus has said in the press it was pen. He admits he made a mistake. He said he should have stopped and blocked. Apart from that, he and the rest of the defence were excellent [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk