The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

So BBC have spent almost half an hour trying to be serious journalists about the issues within Qatar, the elephant in the room must be, if you are really that critical why have you gone, you could have covered it just as well using the host broadcaster feed that they'll be using in any case.

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If you don't like it, here's something radical, just don't watch it ya tedious fanny? 

You are, of course, correct that Shull could choose not watch it.  Just like you could choose not to read his posts and comment on them?  Or would that be too radical for you?

I saw some of the match earlier.  I'm not particularly fussed to be honest. I don't know if it's because it's being held at an odd time of year for the World Cup, the fact that it shouldn't be held there to begin with as Tommy said earlier or maybe it's because once again there is no Scotland at it and, for the second World Cup, no Italy again.  Maybe it's a combination of all of these things.  It was interesting that a lot of Home "supporters" left at Half-Time/start of second half.  It's all very well having lots of wealth to build the stadiums and put on a global event but not much use if your team isn't great.