The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

Just wondering what others think ..........

The Black and White minstrels on TV back in the day, who could disagree with the implicit racism ?

And folk who "black-up" at Halloween, or for a fancy dress function, poor taste most of us would agree ....

And what about the Senegalese fans yesterday who "Whited-Up" for their WC tie vs Netherlands ? Is that just 'tradition' ?

Where are the PC / Woke activists protesting about this anti-white racism ? Or maybe this is ok in their eyes?

As I say, just wondering ?

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Why are there so many "pundits" and "reporters" out there at the licence payers expense? There is no need for ANY of them to have travelled. With technology as it is they could do it all from Salford. It's an f'n disgrace.

Is there anything you can't find to moan about? :lol:

What a walloper. :byebye

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

The Black and White minstrels on TV back in the day, who could disagree with the implicit racism ?

And folk who "black-up" at Halloween, or for a fancy dress function, poor taste most of us would agree ....

And what about the Senegalese fans yesterday who "Whited-Up" for their WC tie vs Netherlands ? Is that just 'tradition' ?

Where are the PC / Woke activists protesting about this anti-white racism ? Or maybe this is ok in their eyes?

Wondering, and implying very strongly, are two diferent things.  I wouldn't rush to say it is racism as face painting is part of African culture, especially for festivals and celebrations.  English fans get away with painting  ther faces white with a big red cross on it, the symbol of the crusaders and very offensive to Muslims, while visiting a Muslim country where the red crescent is used in place of the red cross symbol.

If you want to get excited about that, fair enough.  As someone with a skin pigmentation problem that gives me very white patches on my face, therefore probably "whiter" than you, I have to say i don't give a toss.  Nip outside and see if there is a black man wearing a bowler hat and get offended by that if you want.

Wonder no more Kevin, the white paint is a tradition of the Fulani tribe signifying hope. [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Nip outside and see if there is a black man wearing a bowler hat and get offended by that if you want.

Let me be clear here, I'm not offended by these Senegalese supporters, I'm simply being Devil's Advocate by wondering how this situation would be interpreted if the black / white roles were reversed. And just for reference, as someone with a 'sallow' complexion myself who, as a kid at school, had to endure the nickname "Paki Joe" (from my fellow pupils and also from many of my school teachers back in the 1960s / early 1970s), I am fully aware of how hurtful, oppressive and bullying it can be to find yourself on the end of perceived racism.

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Unusual to hear St Mirren in a World Cup commentary about six or seven times.

I was certainly pleased every time I heard it.  :)

was wondering if Scotland was subjected to the same commentary as down here.  Danny Murphy and Jonathan Pearce(?).  Fed up hearing about St Mirren…. :rolleyes:

It was great to see Keanu Baccus come on as a Substitute for Australia against France.  I know Australia weren't going to win the match but it's a great experience for Keanu to be part of and hopefully this is just the beginning of him being a regular for the Australia national team and being a World Cup regular with them.

23 minutes ago, shull said:

Wednesday Guesses

Morocco 2 Croatia 0

I'll go Morocco 1-2 Croatia.

22 minutes ago, shull said:

Germany 1 Japan 1

In previous years I would have expected Germany to win this fixture comfortably but I think this has the potential to be another "shock".  Having said that I'm going to go with my gut and say Germany 1-0 Japan.

21 minutes ago, shull said:

Spain 1 Costa Rica 1

This is one that could also be a "shock" but surely Spain will have enough about them to avoid defeat?  I'll agree with you on this one Shull and say Spain 1-1 Costa Rica.

21 minutes ago, shull said:

Belgium 2 Canada 0

I think Belgium will be too strong for Canada but the Canadians will make it hard for them and give them a bit of a scare.

Belgium 3-1 Canada.

Edited by Percy Veer