The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

Settling down for the Wales game, they will need to get off to a better start today, they were fortunate the USA didn't have more than a 1-0 lead at half time in the first game.

I'm not convinced they are really very good, I'm still a bit peeved that this should be Scotland playing, but a win today gives them a wee shout of getting out of the group. 

Just now, StanleySaint said:

Changes made wee spell there, they aren't a great side didn't see the England game so don't know if Iran are better or how bad Wales really are.

Wales are pretty poor mate, almost no real quality anywhere.

Have I mentioned it should have been us? :lol:

Not a lot between these two, one wee bit of class, or more likely luck, could win this. 

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Far from out of it. England win tonight and they beat a resting England in the last game and they could well get through. 

Did you watch them this morning, and even against the USA?

Nothing is impossible in fitba, we all know that, but the chances of them beating England is close to impossible.

31 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Well well, Wales like football are coming home it would seem!

They are where they are because they have played very poor in 3/4 of the games so far, only a decent second half against the USA gives them any credit at all.

I could only see a draw or an Iran win as the game went into the second half.

image.thumb.png.9205bcc98b2f6db31cbecb48d5ee0812.png

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Did you watch them this morning, and even against the USA?

Nothing is impossible in fitba, we all know that, but the chances of them beating England is close to impossible.

Yes. The point is England will already be group winners by that point (assuming they beat the USA) and will of course not be the least bit arsed about the Wales game. Plenty teams will be knocked out after two games, Wales aren't one of them. 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Yes. The point is England will already be group winners by that point (assuming they beat the USA) and will of course not be the least bit arsed about the Wales game. Plenty teams will be knocked out after two games, Wales aren't one of them. 

Again, you seem to be ignoring the fact Wales have been shite, THAT'S the point.

I'm well aware England might rest a few players but if you look at their squad you will see that even a complete change of 11 players would see them beat Wales. 

Time will tell, I'm sure you'll be back after the England v Wales game if Wales get pumped, although that's not usually your style. :lol:

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Again, you seem to be ignoring the fact Wales have been shite, THAT'S the point.

I'm well aware England might rest a few players but if you look at their squad you will see that even a complete change of 11 players would see them beat Wales. 

Time will tell, I'm sure you'll be back after the England v Wales game if Wales get pumped, although that's not usually your style. :lol:

Well they've drawn with USA and beat Ukraine and Austria to get there. I wish we were shite like them :lol:

England will not only rest players their whole attitude will (understandably) be to avoid injuries and suspensions for the latter stages. Up against a highly motivated Welsh team that could quite easily end up with a Wales win. I'm not saying it will, i am saying they are certainly not out yet and it wouldn't surprise me if they got through. 

Just now, TopCat said:

Well they've drawn with USA and beat Ukraine and Austria to get there. I wish we were shite like them :lol:

England will not only rest players their whole attitude will (understandably) be to avoid injuries and suspensions for the latter stages. Up against a highly motivated Welsh team that could quite easily end up with a Wales win. I'm not saying it will, i am saying they are certainly not out yet and it wouldn't surprise me if they got through. 

Not quite sure why you could even contemplate they will beat England if you've watched them. 

As usual, you're covering your arse with almost every possible outcome. :lol

See ye next week............................or maybe not. :lol:

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not quite sure why you could even contemplate they will beat England if you've watched them. 

As usual, you're covering your arse with almost every possible outcome. :lol

See ye next week............................or maybe not. :lol:

What a bizarre exchange, as usual :lol:

14 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I believe that, had the playoff fixtures been the other way round Wales wouldn't have laid a glove on Ukraine an emotional situation for them and I think they ran out of steam against Wales and that was a far from convincing Welsh performance either. Regarding England, Southgate will not want them to drop a point or performance and they will beat Wales much as it pains me to say it. Wales are having the kind of tournament we usually have.