The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

IF a player gets sent off and it goes to pens and, I know it's unlikely, the pens go to 10-10 then the team with the man sent off could have an advantage as their first player would step up for the 11th pen and the dumpling at the end of the other team would be under real pressure.
Just saying. 
Isnt it the team with 11 excludes 1 outfield player from taking 1.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

Not so sure, Brazil sent up a young lad first and he missed. 

I've already messaged the Argentinian manager about the danger of that tactic..................

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Klinsmann made a valid point that keeping your best player till the end isn't a good approach.

I learned this years ago when captaining my team in a big pool match, holding big players back before realising the game was out of reach.

The Sam Torrance approach worked for me, hammer in the big players early and things will be what they will be. 

Brazil stuck in 21 year old first, missed, and under pressure from then on in, not forgetting Croatia held their nerve to score with their penalties. 

Edited by faraway saint

Referee made Willie Collum   look like a genius. What an arse. Van  Gaal showed his genius as a coach. Bring on a couple of big guys and move the centre half up front and pump the ball in the air. Coaching manual 1970. It actually  worked . Then having got it to work he abandoned it in extra time. The last quarter of an hour of normal time and the extra time were quite exciting but overall not a great game.

23 minutes ago, guinness said:

Referee made Willie Collum   look like a genius. What an arse. Van  Gaal showed his genius as a coach. Bring on a couple of big guys and move the centre half up front and pump the ball in the air. Coaching manual 1970. It actually  worked . Then having got it to work he abandoned it in extra time. The last quarter of an hour of normal time and the extra time were quite exciting but overall not a great game.

A tactical masterclass by the european team, reverting to basic tactics that certainly rumbled the South Americans.

Unfortunately sticking Virgil up first for the penalties wasn't such a good move. :lol:

Should give hope to Croatian the semi final. 

Messi proves, as if proof were needed, he's a footballing genius. 

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A tactical masterclass by the european team, reverting to basic tactics that certainly rumbled the South Americans.

Unfortunately sticking Virgil up first for the penalties wasn't such a good move. :lol:

Should give hope to Croatian the semi final. 

Messi proves, as if proof were needed, he's a footballing genius. 

Agree with Virgil taking first pen, can see the point of captains responsibility but he is a centre half. There is a reason why people play as a defender.

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The much maligned Neymar showed a great touch when the son of a Croatian player ran towards him after the game.

Despite security trying to stop the meeting Neymar greeted the child, not easy under the circumstances. :happyclapper

Unfortunately the referee booked the child. :rolleyes:

Brazil's forward #10 Neymar (C) is greeted by a Croatia supporter after his team lost the Qatar 2022 World Cup quarter-final football match between Croatia and Brazil at Education City Stadium in Al-Rayyan, west of Doha, on December 9, 2022. (Photo by Adrian DENNIS / AFP) (Photo by ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP via Getty Images)

A lovely touch by both the young lad and Neymar

Portugal to win against a dreary Morocco, who will park a fleet of busses to try to sneak through on penalties. :wink:
Young Ramos to batter them and show them sitting back ISN'T the way ahead and send them back home to think again. 
Today I'm saying f all. [emoji848]

Apart from the last 10 minutes, a other poor match. I do not think I have ever seen a World Cup with less shots at goal. Half the games you could plAy without goalkeepers. Portugal have  been as bad today as they were good the other night. Morocco on course to be the worst team to ever reach a World Cup semi. Think the winner of England - France will win it fairly comfortably.

Edited by guinness

14 minutes ago, guinness said:

Apart from the last 10 minutes, a other poor match. I do not think I have ever seen a World Cup with less shots at goal. Half the games you could plAy without goalkeepers. Portugal have  been as bad today as they were good the other night. Morocco on course to be the worst team to ever reach a World Cup semi. Think the winner of England - France will win it fairly comfortably.

Another predictable dreary post. :snore

12 shots at goal already, 3 on target, just for some facts, not your warped opinion. 

As I mentioned, you seem to miss other games or is it you just don't post on these games?

Anyhow, Portugal struggling to break this lot down, could have done with a wee bit of luck with the Fernandez effort that hit the bar.

Morocco almost scored again a few mins ago, great cross, decent save from the goalie, who blundered for the goal. 

Edited by faraway saint

Apart from the last 10 minutes, a other poor match. I do not think I have ever seen a World Cup with less shots at goal. Half the games you could play without goalkeepers.

Naw you cannie [emoji6]

020ef1cfd75db959f48284bcd7cb5745.jpg

Today I'm saying f all. [emoji848]

Lasted longer than I thought [emoji1787]