The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

It would the exact same from the Scottish media had we won the world cup, nothing wrong with it, too many people let it, unnecessarily, be an issue. 
It is the pinnacle of football after all.
We, Scotland, had thousands in Hampden just because we were going to a world cup. [emoji38]

You're right, it would have been the same from the Scottish media, but that would have only been in Scotland. It's the fact that it's the BRITISH media doing it across the 4 home nations and not the English media doing it in England that's the issue.

There was a famous German footballer (that famous that I can't remember who at the moment [emoji16] ) who admitted that the Germans go on about their wins just as much as the English but then added that they only do it on German TV to Germans, they don't beam it onto Austrian, French and Danish TVs (can't remember if those were the 3 countries he used, but something like that).

Anyway, doesn't matter, they ain't winning it. [emoji16]

Just now, Slarti said:

You're right, it would have been the same from the Scottish media, but that would have only been in Scotland. It's the fact that it's the BRITISH media doing it across the 4 home nations and not the English media doing it in England that's the issue.

There was a famous German footballer (that famous that I can't remember who at the moment emoji16.png ) who admitted that the Germans go on about their wins just as much as the English but then added that they only do it on German TV to Germans, they don't beam it onto Austrian, French and Danish TVs (can't remember if those were the 3 countries he used, but something like that).

Anyway, doesn't matter, they ain't winning it. emoji16.png

Are you honestly trying to say IF Scotland had won the world cup the BRITISH media wouldn't mention it? :lol:

Would sir like some sauce with that chip on your shoulder? :byebye

Just now, StanleySaint said:

Apologies if this comes across as a bit pathetic but I'm relieved that that's over, as all the strong teams were falling on that side of the draw it was looking like England could go all the way. Hopfully for football's sake it'll Argentina v France in the final.

It's not pathetic at all.

As Slarti has already posted, the possibility of them winning has been removed. If they had won it, the the UK wide jingoistic media frenzy that would have followed would have been insufferable.

Are you honestly trying to say IF Scotland had won the world cup the BRITISH media wouldn't mention it? [emoji38]
Would sir like some sauce with that chip on your shoulder? :byebye
I don't believe they would mention it as often as 1966 gets mentioned. Obviously that's just my opinion as there is no way to prove it one way or the other. At the time is fair enough, but 56 years later is a bit out of order - especially as they've achieved nothing since, it's not as if it's just one year in a list of 3/4/5 when they've won something.

Anyway, at least another year and a half before we need to endure it again.