The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Insufferable? :lol:

We're all still, after 56 f**king years, being subjected to 1966 at every given opportunity.

I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of hearing references to that at every tournament that they qualify for.

It's depressing enough nowadays without having more of that jingoistic shit inflicted upon us.

If you're fine with that, then fine.

However, most people aren't.

6 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I don't believe they would mention it as often as 1966 gets mentioned. Obviously that's just my opinion as there is no way to prove it one way or the other. At the time is fair enough, but 56 years later is a bit out of order - especially as they've achieved nothing since, it's not as if it's just one year in a list of 3/4/5 when they've won something.

Anyway, at least another year and a half before we need to endure it again.

There are only EIGHT teams that have won the world cup.

EIGHT counties over 92 years. 

Have a wee think about that. 

Aye, if you win it once it's something very special.

How long do you thing St Mirren supporters will talk about 1959, 1987 or 2013 

Victories are rare and should never be forgotten.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We're all still, after 56 f**king years, being subjected to 1966 at every given opportunity.

I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of hearing references to that at every tournament that they qualify for.

It's depressing enough nowadays without having more of that jingoistic shit inflicted upon us.

If you're fine with that, then fine.

However, most people aren't.

Do you need a cuddle? :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do you need a cuddle? :lol:

Why would I need a cuddle?

I think it's very clear that you're in the minority. Maybe you need one.

I'm currently having a magnificent time laughing at their misfortune. Much in the same way that I laughed at the bigot brothers failure in Europe.

There are lots of us sharing our laughter and delight at their exit.:clapping

So, no I definitely don't need a cuddle.

Just now, FTOF said:

Why would I need a cuddle?

I think it's very clear that you're in the minority. Maybe you need one.

I'm currently having a magnificent time laughing at their misfortune. Much in the same way that I laughed at the bigot brothers failure in Europe.

There are lots of us sharing our laughter and delight at their exit.:clapping

So, no I definitely don't need a cuddle.

Why would I need a cuddle? :wacko:

I'm not the one shouting about "insufferable". :lol:

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I have zero shame in saying I’m f**king delighted they are out. 

Also, the comments in the studio post match about Morocco were beyond belief.

I don’t know what I found more unbelievable, the level of arrogance or the level of delusion. 

Even in defeat.............................

Their lack of humility is astounding.

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t know what I found more unbelievable, the level of arrogance or the level of delusion. 

Have an early side bet on morocco. Best defence in the competition. Wouldn't be surprised to see them beat France. Got a side bet on croatia as well and stuck a tenner on France from the start to win the tourney. If Argentina win it then I just break even but would still be happy as would be great to see Messi sign off in style.

1 minute ago, truesaint said:

Have an early side bet on morocco. Best defence in the competition. Wouldn't be surprised to see them beat France. Got a side bet on croatia as well and stuck a tenner on France from the start to win the tourney. If Argentina win it then I just break even but would still be happy as would be great to see Messi sign off in style.

Did you bet on EVERY team or just them 4? :lol:

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

... and we'll really shake them up when we WIN the world cup...

Cos Scotland are the greatest football team!

Just now, faraway saint said:

Why would I need a cuddle? :wacko:

I'm not the one shouting about "insufferable". :lol:

You are however the person on their own one man crusade to excuse the jingoistic attitude of the English, over the past 56 years.

I thought you might be feeling lonely.

I'm sure if you head to a blue bigot Twitter feed you'll find plenty of like minded individuals you can cuddle up to though.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You are however the person on their own one man crusade to excuse the jingoistic attitude of the English, over the past 56 years.

I thought you might be feeling lonely.

I'm sure if you head to a blue bigot Twitter feed you'll find plenty of like minded individuals you can cuddle up to though.

Oh my, step away from the bevvy. 🤣🤣🤣

Your overuse of "jingoistic" is becoming tedious.

The mindless association with Impartiality and Rangers is simplistic and hilarious, although common on this forum. 

Hope your heids sore in the morning. 😴

Edited by faraway saint

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Did you bet on EVERY team or just them 4? :lol:

Just 3. Never put a bet on Argentina but would still break even if they win it. Winners bet was on France from the start but put a couple of smaller side bets on croatia and morocco mid tourney. 🖕🙄

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh my, step away from the bevvy. 🤣🤣🤣

Your overuse of "jingoistic" is becoming tedious.

The mindless association with Impartiality and Rangers is simplistic and hilarious, although common on this forum. 

Hope your heids sore in the morning. 😴

I've had three beers, so relatively sober and certainly no hangover.

Impartial? I'll crack the jokes around here. You can call it that if you want. We, on here, know better.:wink:

I'd look up the meaning of the word jingoistic, because I'm not sure that you know its meaning.

Anyway, to sum it up. England have absolutely f**ked it. A ridiculously easy group. A very kind last 16 game against Senegal without their talisman Mané, and then under par France in the quarter final, with potentially Morocco in the semi if they got there:lol:. There may have been easier routes to the final, but I can't recall any.

Absolutely glorious.

Cheers. Might have a couple of Peroni Reds to celebrate.

How many of those other countries have media pundits on their footballing neighbours TVs constantly mentioning their wins? THAT is what the issue is, not the fact that they won it.

Personally, I've never been "big headed" or "boasted" (or whatever) about 1959 (or 1926) as it was way before my time. I stopped "feeling good" about 1987 early in 1988. The fact that you never mentioned 1926 maybe shows that you, like me, think it is mostly irrelevant today. Talking about your club's (or country's) historical achievements is perfectly fine among "your own" but using any slight tangential connection to bring it up when amongst "others" is, to me, a bit small, petty and desperate.

At least 60 years of hurt, hope it lasts longer.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Can’t argue with that.

your real team has won 55 trophies in less than 12 years.  That is indeed … rare… 

Ps

i haven’t picked on your several spelling f**k-ups in this thread, despite you mocking a mild one from elvis.

YOU really shouldn’t pretend to be good at spelling and English, despite being an English fan…

I’m glad they’re out.  I saw as much of that team play this time as I’ve seen of the 1966 lot: SFA.

I actually really like the manager and appreciate the skill, talent and morality of many of the players. But… as others have said( and English fans, too) - the engerlish media has overdone it to death.

Edited by antrin

7 hours ago, antrin said:

Can’t argue with that.

your real team has won 55 trophies in less than 12 years.  That is indeed … rare… 

Ps

i haven’t picked on your several spelling f**k-ups in this thread, despite you mocking a mild one from elvis.

YOU really shouldn’t pretend to be good at spelling and English, despite being an English fan…

I’m glad they’re out.  I saw as much of that team play this time as I’ve seen of the 1966 lot: SFA.

I actually really like the manager and appreciate the skill, talent and morality of many of the players. But… as others have said( and English fans, too) - the engerlish media has overdone it to death.

I knew you, my number 1 troll, would wander in when you sniffed a chance to bring your obsession into a world cup thread. :byebye