The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Another predictable dreary post. :snore

12 shots at goal already, 3 on target, just for some facts, not your warped opinion. 

As I mentioned, you seem to miss other games or is it you just don't post on these games?

Anyhow, Portugal struggling to break this lot down, could have done with a wee bit of luck with the Fernandez effort that hit the bar.

Morocco almost scored again a few mins ago, great cross, decent save from the goalie, who blundered for the goal. 

I apologise. I did not realise I had to comment on all matches or none. Sorry my opinion differs from yours but I thought it was a poor match with poor passing and awful crossing from Portugal in particular. Overall in the competition there has appeared , to me ,to have been a dearth of shots on goal. Majority of free kicks have been poor and the crossing , in the main , has been dreadful. Too many games e being won by the team happy t o defend. Just my opinion and I will defer to your obvious greater knowledge of football and your unsurpassed ability to comment on  every match every five minutes .

Just now, guinness said:

but I thought it was a poor match with poor passing and awful crossing from Portugal in particular. Overall in the competition there has appeared , to me ,to have been a dearth of shots on goal. Majority of free kicks have been poor and the crossing , in the main , has been dreadful. Too many games e being won by the team happy t o defend. Just my opinion 

It wasn't a great match from the neutral point of view, agreed.

You are simply wrong about shots etc, but that's your normal outlook, ignoring the facts.

There have been some games won by teams who sit back, but a meaningless statement saying "too many", there was somebody on here recently hailing that as tactical brilliance, funny how people see things differently.

The amount of goals this world cup, 155 to date, is almost matching the last world cup, 169.

Most people know it's not all about goals in decent games, unless you prefer subbuteo. 

I deleted the rest of your pish, as that's my opinion on your opinion. 

1 minute ago, Slarti said:
36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Excited about this game, I see it as 50/50 so let the best team win. :thumbs2

As long as the best team is France, I wholeheartedly agree.

I'm in favour of England, more interest "knowing" the players but won't break my heart if the French win.

A good game, a few goals and I'll be ok with that. 

I'm in favour of England, more interest "knowing" the players but won't break my heart if the French win.
It's bad enough hearing about something they won before I was born, I don't want another one added to it.

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's bad enough hearing about something they won before I was born, I don't want another one added to it.

It was only 12 years before Archie Gemmells goal that we still talk about! You know.. the tournament we were going to win. 🤐😥

19 minutes ago, Slarti said:
30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It would the exact same from the Scottish media had we won the world cup, nothing wrong with it, too many people let it, unnecessarily, be an issue. 

It is the pinnacle of football after all.

We, Scotland, had thousands in Hampden just because we were going to a world cup. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It would the exact same from the Scottish media had we won the world cup, nothing wrong with it, too many people let it, unnecessarily, be an issue. 

It is the pinnacle of football after all.

We, Scotland, had thousands in Hampden just because we were going to a world cup. :lol:

The difference is since 1966 England have been the greatest team in the world.

France 1-0 England, half time.

France had a good first 20 mins, scored and were looking well on top.

England responded well, Kane having a couple of decent efforts.

Henderson not having much impact, too many "Paul McStay" passes, not hurting the French, need a sub. 

Nothing in it, the goal apart :lol:, as I thought before the game.