The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

9 hours ago, Slarti said:

How many of those other countries have media pundits on their footballing neighbours TVs constantly mentioning their wins? THAT is what the issue is, not the fact that they won it.

Probably plenty, especially in South America.

Quite why you, and a few others, allow some football pundits/media become an issue is startling.

I've more important things to worry about, you can rattle on, really upped your input into a football thread. :byebye

9 hours ago, FTOF said:

Anyway, to sum it up. England have absolutely f**ked it. A ridiculously easy group. A very kind last 16 game against Senegal without their talisman Mané, and then under par France in the quarter final, with potentially Morocco in the semi if they got there:lol:. There may have been easier routes to the final, but I can't recall any.

If you've been paying attention this world cup has seen many "easy" games not quite turn out that way.

Germany, Spain and Belgium have all found that out before England lost to the world champions. 

Aye, Senegal, African champions were very kind. :lol:

Oh, there's a post above pointing out the so called "arrogance" suggesting that Morocco were easy meat, which you have mirrored.

Dearie me. 

Again, deleted the rest of your shite, disappointed you chose to go down that route. :thumbsdown

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I knew you, my number 1 troll, would wander in when you sniffed a chance to bring your obsession into a world cup thread. :byebye

What “obsession”, pray?  

Pointing out your inadequacies?

If that was my obsession, I would be much more thorough.

I wouldn’t have you on ignore.  I’d be reading all your posts and have to be on here all day.

And night.

And while I was in foreign lands on a “holiday”….
But I’m not THAT weird.  THAT demands a special type of weirdo.

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

What “obsession”, pray?  

Pointing out your inadequacies?

If that was my obsession, I would be much more thorough.

I wouldn’t have you on ignore.  I’d be reading all your posts and have to be on here all day.

And night.

And while I was in foreign lands on a “holiday”….
But I’m not THAT weird.  THAT demands a special type of weirdo.

🤡🤡🤡

Probably plenty, especially in South America.
Quite why you, and a few others, allow some football pundits/media become an issue is startling.
I've more important things to worry about, you can rattle on, really upped your input into a football thread. :byebye
I doubt it but, seeing as neither of us live in South America, we'll probably never know for sure. I'd assume that it's more likely to be like the Germans in that they go on about it in their own countries but not in their neighbours - simply because Chilean TV would probably have Chilean pundits/presenters not Argentinian, Venezuelan TV would probably have Venezuelan pundits/presenters not Brazilian, etc.

If I wanted to hear about stuff that happened before I was born I would watch a programme about history, not one about something happening live.

If England were to reach at least the semi-final and THEN they started mentioning it, then I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Reflecting on my post last night where I said for the sake of football I wanted an Argentina France final @faraway saint made a good point about the number of nations that had won the World Cup. So I thought about would I be disappointed if France won back to back, no, would I be disappointed if Messi finally gets his hands on the trophy, no, same goes for Modric, and would it be a bad thing if an African/Muslim nation won for the first time, I think not. So for me I'm happy to go with what happens over the remaining games and be pleased for whoever gets over the line.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I've more important things to worry about, you can rattle on, really upped your input into a football 

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

🤡🤡🤡

“More important things to worry about…” :lol:

…such as posting icons of his heid on obscure fitba fans forums.  What an important life!

10 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Reflecting on my post last night where I said for the sake of football I wanted an Argentina France final @faraway saint made a good point about the number of nations that had won the World Cup. So I thought about would I be disappointed if France won back to back, no, would I be disappointed if Messi finally gets his hands on the trophy, no, same goes for Modric, and would it be a bad thing if an African/Muslim nation won for the first time, I think not. So for me I'm happy to go with what happens over the remaining games and be pleased for whoever gets over the line.

If Argentina win it then Messi would be a stronger candidate than he already is for the "greatest Player Ever" category.

Maradona, IMO, almost won the world cup for Argentina on his own, probably doing the rest of the side a disservice, back in 1986. 

The stats for him in that world cup are amazing.

@Slarti has made some good points recently about the impossible task of who was the best due to changes in the game but Messi is, IMO, certainly in that debate. 

Edited by faraway saint

Reflecting on my post last night where I said for the sake of football I wanted an Argentina France final [mention=2846]faraway saint[/mention] made a good point about the number of nations that had won the World Cup. So I thought about would I be disappointed if France won back to back, no, would I be disappointed if Messi finally gets his hands on the trophy, no, same goes for Modric, and would it be a bad thing if an African/Muslim nation won for the first time, I think not. So for me I'm happy to go with what happens over the remaining games and be pleased for whoever gets over the line.

I said to a few folk that I thought there was a good chance of there being a new winner so, to make folk think I'm a genius, I hope for a Croatia - Morocco final. To be honest, I don't really care who wins.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If you've been paying attention this world cup has seen many "easy" games not quite turn out that way.

Germany, Spain and Belgium have all found that out before England lost to the world champions. 

Aye, Senegal, African champions were very kind. :lol:

Oh, there's a post above pointing out the so called "arrogance" suggesting that Morocco were easy meat, which you have mirrored.

Dearie me. 

Again, deleted the rest of your shite, disappointed you chose to go down that route. :thumbsdown

Morocco have a significant number of their better players out injured after the QF game.

However, I wouldn't have expected you to be aware of that.

Dearie me.

Keep digging............................................

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Morocco have a significant number of their better players out injured after the QF game.

However, I wouldn't have expected you to be aware of that.

Dearie me.

Keep digging............................................

Oh my, more deflection.

Never mind, we all have bad days, unfortunately this is your second on the trot. :byebye

We are accused of being bitter and unpatriotic when we don’t support England in these events . Why would we support our bigger and let’s face it , far more successful neighbours when a sizeable section of them consistently patronise and belittle us ? 

There are Sevco fans on FB giving it “where were Scotland & Oireland” and “The Jocks didn’t even qualify “ I can’t understand Scots turning their back on the national team and supporting England ( and Ireland ) 

Wonder how many of these plastic paddies or artificial Anglos would support the other half of their rivalry simply because they come from the same city and they should get behind them ?

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

17 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

We are accused of being bitter and unpatriotic when we don’t support England in these events . Why would we support our bigger and let’s face it , far more successful neighbours when a sizeable section of them consistently patronise and belittle us ? 

Who's getting accused of this?

If the English choose to act this way, in general, it's water off a ducks back, while it seems to "get" to certain people. 

While I can understand that people don't "support" them, there's an eagerness to demean and belittle their achievements. 

My feeling on last night was based purely on the merits of both teams but this seems to transpire into me being a Rangers supporter. :lol:

Patronising is alive and well and this forum. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Who's getting accused of this?

If the English choose to act this way, in general, it's water off a ducks back, while it seems to "get" to certain people. 

While I can understand that people don't "support" them, there's an eagerness to demean and belittle their achievements. 

My feeling on last night was based purely on the merits of both teams but this seems to transpire into me being a Rangers supporter. :lol:

Patronising is alive and well and this forum. 

Haud oan a minute !   I never mentioned you and my post was general - not aimed at anyone I particular and was not a reply to any post on here  🤷‍♂️

As for my comment about us being “bitter and unpatriotic ?”     I have worked for English based companies for 40 years , have lots of really good and decent English colleagues and one of them who I consider a very good friend used those exact words during our Teams call on Friday morning !!!    

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Haud oan a minute !   I never mentioned you and my post was general - not aimed at anyone I particular and was not a reply to any post on here  🤷‍♂️

As for my comment about us being “bitter and unpatriotic ?”     I have worked for English based companies for 40 years , have lots of really good and decent English colleagues and one of them who I consider a very good friend used those exact words during our Teams call on Friday morning !!!    

I never indicated you were referring to me? :wacko:

So one guy and why would that come up in conversation? 

This is going in circles, and really not worth the effort.

I'm away up to the attic, Christmas is fast approaching and stuff needs to be brought down, one of my little contributions to the festive period. 🎅:santa