The Quatar World Cup 2022

shull

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I never indicated you were referring to me? :wacko:

So one guy and why would that come up in conversation? 

This is going in circles, and really not worth the effort.

I'm away up to the attic, Christmas is fast approaching and stuff needs to be brought down, one of my little contributions to the festive period. 🎅:santa

1.You replied directly to my post with a statement about you being accused of being a rangers supporter.

2. It came up in conversation because we were having a bit of banter on a sales team call about the upcoming match . Why do you find that difficult to comprehend ? 🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Haud oan a minute !   I never mentioned you and my post was general - not aimed at anyone I particular and was not a reply to any post on here  🤷‍♂️

As for my comment about us being “bitter and unpatriotic ?”     I have worked for English based companies for 40 years , have lots of really good and decent English colleagues and one of them who I consider a very good friend used those exact words during our Teams call on Friday morning !!!    

All of my colleagues know where I stand on the subject, I have always made it clear that I don't mind England doing well, just not too well! I get the 'will you be supporting us' from the newer people, which to their credit my longer serving collesgues put them right. I would never expect them to support Scotland so why should I be expected to support them.

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

1.You replied directly to my post with a statement about you being accused of being a rangers supporter.

2. It came up in conversation because we were having a bit of banter on a sales team call about the upcoming match . Why do you find that difficult to comprehend ? 🤷‍♂️

1. Still no intention you were referring to me, absolutely none, bemused you took it that way.

2. If it was "banter" why are you making out it was anything more? 

Jeezo. 🙄

I'm happy to still be able to post this

****True facts****
1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.
Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'
2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...
Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.
3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades - King David,
Hearts - Charlemagne,
Clubs -Alexander the Great,
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'
5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.
Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.
6. Since 1966,England fans have said they are going to win the cup at the start of every football competition, hence the phrase ‘deluded twat’

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

We are accused of being bitter and unpatriotic when we don’t support England in these events . Why would we support our bigger and let’s face it , far more successful neighbours when a sizeable section of them consistently patronise and belittle us ? 

There are Sevco fans on FB giving it “where were Scotland & Oireland” and “The Jocks didn’t even qualify “ I can’t understand Scots turning their back on the national team and supporting England ( and Ireland ) 

Wonder how many of these plastic paddies or artificial Anglos would support the other half of their rivalry simply because they come from the same city and they should get behind them ?

My mate is currently in Santiago (via Mendoza/Rosario/Cordoba/Buenos Aires) and watched both yesterday's games in the pub.

The biggest cheer of the day was when the Dutch equalised via their superb free kick. The Chileans absolutely hate their bigger more successful neighbours, due to their arrogant attitude.

Now that sounds familiar.

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Fitba's back, whew, been a tough few days. :wink:

The game being billed as Messi v Modric, last chance saloon for both players to win the World Cup.

FWIW I see it as 1-1 over 90 mins. 

Depends who scores first, if it is Argentina then I can see them scoring a couple or more, Croatia then I agree with you.

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:

I think I said the same earlier in the tournament......goalkeepers!

Aye, a wee bit clumsy and there's been some real howlers.

The women's game, deservedly so, gets highlighted for poor keepers but this world cup has proved its not all that great for the mens game. 

Oh, 2-0 Argentina,  Alvelerez,  strong run and poor defending. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, a wee bit clumsy and there's been some real howlers.

The women's game, deservedly so, gets highlighted for poor keepers but this world cup has proved its not all that great for the mens game. 

Oh, 2-0 Argentina,  Alvelerez,  strong run and poor defending. 

Croatian keeper pulls of a superb save to stop it going to 3-0.

Croatia need to keep the heið till half time. 

On 12/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, FTOF said:

Morocco have a significant number of their better players out injured after the QF game.

However, I wouldn't have expected you to be aware of that.

Seems they don't. :lol:

Dig dig dig...............

Ooops, one has dropped out JUST before kick off, not that far wrong after all. :P

Anyhow, I hope France pump them, I want the glamour game for the final on Sunday.

Vive La France. 

Edited by faraway saint