Mr Gilmour

elvis

Just now, elvis said:

Has been voted on to the SMISA board cue mass subs cancellations.

I cancelled mine a couple of days ago as I knew he was a shoe in, that’s why some good people have resigned from smisa lately as they knew what was coming.

Massive backwards step.

7 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I cancelled mine a couple of days ago as I knew he was a shoe in, that’s why some good people have resigned from smisa lately as they knew what was coming.

Massive backwards step.

Have to agree.

Will be interesting to see just how much damage one person's ego can do.

I'll have a bit of a think before I make any decisions about cancelling my membership.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Have to agree.

Will be interesting to see just how much damage one person's ego can do.

I'll have a bit of a think before I make any decisions about cancelling my membership.

No need for me to have a think. Good guys like Greame Macpherson left because they knew Gilmour was getting in.

Club is meant to be moving forwards not backwards.

Gilmour wants to come in and cause a divide. 

I don't know what's been going on behind the scenes other than what's been said on here .But kibble seem to be getting it in the neck from a few people surely having someone not afraid to stand up to them is a good thing because if you read between the lines there no one on the SMISA board willing to.Its concerning about the amount of debt we are supposedly mounting up But also you can't ignore the good things that's been done either since they came on board .I do not think it can all be down to kibble surely.

6 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

No need for me to have a think. Good guys like Greame Macpherson left because they knew Gilmour was getting in.

Club is meant to be moving forwards not backwards.

Gilmour wants to come in and cause a divide. 

I don't have a clue .but to what ends is he trying to cause a divide

14 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Massive backwards step.

Aye, because SG is the lifelong St Mirren supporter who committed large sums of his own money to rescue our club from an asset stripper who would have put the club into administration / liquidation for personal gain, and whose prudent financial policies returned stability to our basket case of a club, and who conned Tesco into providing us with a stadium fit for our needs has been elected back onto our club board.

Aye, who would want a complete c*nt like him to be in any way involved in the future of our club ??

Honestly, please enlighten me, what are the negatives of his involvement ?

3 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Bullying within the smisa board has cost at least 2 resignations. 

Been a lot of snakey behaviour been going on behind the scenes.

I was never fully on board with fan ownership surely that proves it was a bad idea from the outset.

3 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

This type of post is not helpful, to anyone. Either come on here and say exactly what has happened or don't say anything. I have no doubt you have our club at heart but this kind of shite is pretty poor without explanation.

I take it you mean JJMcGs post

1 hour ago, Smithers Jones said:

I won't be cancelling mine, but I'm not comfortable with this.

I won't be cancelling either. I didn't vote for Mr G , but he's in now and we'll just need to see how things move forward , cancelling at the moment is jumping the gun imo !

6 hours ago, JJ McG said:

I cancelled mine a couple of days ago

Why am I not surprised. 

Just why you kept that news a secret for so long is troubling me. 👋 👋 👋 

Edited by SuperSaints1877

6 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Bullying within the smisa board has cost at least 2 resignations. 

Been a lot of snakey behaviour been going on behind the scenes.

Maybe if your pal(s) had been more fiscally responsible our supporters who have paid thousands of ££££s in to gain fan ownership would not need to have the situation when the dinosaurs (as you call them) have to come to the rescue the club that your pal(s) lost control of. 

Tick fcuking tock.

It’s absolutely criminal what has been going on.

If a well known journalist has lost his position on the SMiSA board then why would he not write a story about such  “snakey behaviour” @JJ McG ?

Or is that news waiting to be launched by that individual when the club accounts are published?

Hey @JJ McG 

Maybe your pal @GLS will post on here? After all he used to when times were good.

Surely he could just let us know everything is going great at the club and we are still clutching this award tightly!

https://www.stmirren.com/club-news/4115-st-mirren-win-financial-performance-award-at-the-football-business-awards-2021

This news was published just over a year ago on the Official site. Surely nothing could go wrong in such a short space of time?

All smiles back when these pictures were taken! Who will still be smiling now? Quite a few familiar faces gone from the club now mind you.

0350CE26-968A-455E-A5EA-2D4C82E4ACB0.jpeg.0a6edbf71ede84a7f86d581717d92b6d.jpeg06B67430-95EA-4718-8CE4-772E5A748A66.thumb.png.1dfa3b0d24b96069e02445f9626fb894.png
993C84EC-1D7A-49BA-A854-0F8A5040F18D.thumb.png.148d4de7ffeddde4e4e03088cbb68240.png

CBA17356-67E0-45B3-A848-3E283D8FE678.thumb.png.98f3250fe51f565f876dad7343728e00.png

hey @JJ McG.

Once you stop throwing your toys out your pram. Ask yourself this?

Why would Stewart Gilmour want to get back involved? 

There will be others like you who cancel their SMiSA subscriptions.

Some because of this news, but the ones I feel for are the ones who are currently struggling to make a decision to eat or heat.

But while they go hungry and cold this winter spare a thought for those poor retired bankers, charity CEOs facing such hardships this winter while no doubt revelling in the news that BP announced a quarterly profit of 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/01/bp-pay-windfall-tax-profits-oil

“Underlying replacement cost profit was $8.2 billion, compared with $8.5 billion for the previous quarter. Compared to the second quarter, the result was impacted by weaker refining margins, an average oil trading result and lower liquids realizations, partly offset by an exceptional gas marketing and trading result and higher gas realizations.”

Let us just hope that the club invested that £250,000 cash surplus wisely in the right stocks a couple of years ago!

Mr Wardrop can tell us that news at the next club AGM.

oh I forgot he’s left your pal who invited him onto the board a few years back.

294F892B-D93E-4512-9A3A-19E06CA05F02.thumb.jpeg.5422c8a13595165e1eb9bbd9b43beff0.jpeg

One final point on this matter from me @JJ McG

We all care passionately about our football club.

We may not always agree with each other on here or in the stands/terraces/pubs.

I know you care about the club. So do I. We just currently hold different opinions. The truth of the financial situation at the club is only known to a select few. We will only see the state of the accounts up to 31-5-22 in a few weeks.

There will be utter wild celebrations by me if the accounts show a profit or a small loss. I will not be celebrating anything if we run up losses greater than £50,000.

I do not want to fall out with any supporter of our club.

We all want the same thing. Success on and off the park first and foremost.

I will gladly buy you a pint or three at the next opportunity if I’m wrong with the news I’m hearing from sources at the club.

I honestly don’t want you to think I’m having a go at you. I’m just very angry that people like @SGG have to get back involved as it suggests fan ownership has failed.

It hasn’t. We all paid our membership to gain control. What appears to have happened is that those custodians responsible for the guardianship of our football club have failed us all.

SMiSA more than anything needs a strong membership but the cost of living crisis will impact numbers far more than Stewart Gilmour coming back to help.

32 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Some because of this news, but the ones I feel for are the ones who are currently struggling to make a decision to eat or heat.

But while they go hungry and cold this winter spare a thought for those poor retired bankers, charity CEOs facing such hardships this winter while no doubt revelling in the news that BP announced a quarterly profit of 

What the feck.................:thumbsdown

Your rants are becoming quite famous for going all over the place.

The post above is much better, I'm assuming you've had a wee chill pill after a few of the previous attempts? 

PS Just to clarify, "better" in that it's more "on" the subject, personally I'm not getting my knickers in a twist one way or the other on this issue.

Get back to bed, sleep will help you calm down. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint