St Mirren v St Johnstone SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/11/22

shull

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Then again, 3 points from the team at the top of the league, 3 points from the team that are 4th and a disappointing point against a team tonight who had been on a good run.

Selective stats, it's a league against all the teams.

Don't forget to blame VAR. :lol:

In other words, if we had held on tonight & picked up points in the other two games, we would have had space in third place. 

One point from three games against teams around us is not acceptable if we are pushing 6th. You’d argue black was white 🤦‍♂️

Just now, bazil85 said:

In other words, if we had held on tonight & picked up points in the other two games, we would have had space in third place. 

One point from three games against teams around us is not acceptable if we are pushing 6th. You’d argue black was white 🤦‍♂️

You don't really argue, you just spout blinkered drivel.

I'm trying to see the WHOLE picture, I know that's a weird concept for you. 

At the end of the season you'd be slevering about this and ignoring the fact it's a campaign over a long period, weren't you a walloper spouting a league position under Goodwin for 5 minutes last season as some sort of achievement? 

7 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Shocking tactics from clueless manager. He probably lucky there's a world Cup. Not got it

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Oh shut up you daft prick. That was f**k all to do with the manager. 
The players on the park f**ked that right up. They were managing the game out just fine until they started kicking the ball away etc. 

The manager got his tactics spot on. He made the right substitutions to get us the lead and then made the right subs to shore up the game. 
It’s not his fault the players shat their pants again. 

17 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Funny...i would have taken a point before game but that hurt...Sevco Sat ...then a break...then a lot of away games.... so that was fecking criminal tonight

The day I settle for a point at home to St. Johnstone is the day I give up supporting Saints. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You don't really argue, you just spout blinkered drivel.

I'm trying to see the WHOLE picture, I know that's a weird concept for you. 

At the end of the season you'd be slevering about this and ignoring the fact it's a campaign over a long period, weren't you a walloper spouting a league position under Goodwin for 5 minutes last season as some sort of achievement? 

Which part have I missed? As in what do you actually disagree with? 

- One point from three games against near rivals isn’t good enough for a team pushing top 6 (didn’t say anything about results outside of that)

- VAR hugely slowed that game down. Two big & obvious calls took several minutes

- VAR has factually produced several controversial decisions since it’s been introduced, more than one relating to us

As for Goodwin, you literally contradict the point you’re trying to make. Looking at the ‘whole picture’ under Goodwin, he took a team who had finished 11th & left them (after over half a season had been played) on a points per game basis in 4th. How is that not looking at the whole picture? What more can you possibly look at than collectively every game he managed.🤦‍♂️

Edited by bazil85

Just now, bazil85 said:

As for Goodwin, you literally contradict the point you’re trying to make. Looking at the ‘whole picture’ under Goodwin, he took a team who had finished 11th & left them (after over half a season had been played) on a points per game basis in 4th. How is that not looking at the whole picture? What more can you possibly look at than collectively ever game he managed.🤦‍♂️

"points per game"...........................:lol

FFS, desperate, I'm fecked off wasting time with you, I'm surprised you're not living on the street, the fact you see to hold down a job, although with a manager only on about £24k, you probably work in McDonalds, keep on flippin. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

"points per game"...........................:lol

FFS, desperate, I'm fecked off wasting time with you, I'm surprised you're not living on the street, the fact you see to hold down a job, although with a manager only on about £24k, you probably work in McDonalds, keep on flippin. 

We had played a game less than all the teams around us 🤦‍♂️ A game we won when it was replayed as well. 

Your lashing out instead of accepting you’ve utterly embarrassed yourself by bringing up Jim Goodwin. 😀

Strange game overall. St Johnstone much more comfortable on the ball most of the night but created nothing. Couldn’t understand why it took so long to give the penalty. Two cracking goals from us, but overall we wasted the ball a lot with slack passes. Fakes offered nothing in second half yet grabbed an equaliser. 
There is room from improvement but did not see us sitting with 20 points at this point in season. Are we getting too greedy?

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

We had played a game less than all the teams around us 🤦‍♂️ A game we won when it was replayed as well. 

Your lashing out instead of accepting you’ve utterly embarrassed yourself by bringing up Jim Goodwin. 😀

"Lashing out", another tired term when you're being your tedious self.

Get yourself off to bed, your'e tiresome. :snore

Just now, faraway saint said:

"Lashing out", another tired term when you're being your tedious self.

Get yourself off to bed, your'e tiresome. :snore

You were though, instead of just accepting my points (which were completely reasonable) You brought up other long dead points (which I was also right about) to argue over. 

You're an angry, bitter wee man. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No doubt mate, before the game, I would have seen a draw as reasonable after our last few games and the results St Johnstone have had but it's over and we look  towards the Rangers game, don't we? 

Just like us conceding a 96th minute equaliser tonight against 10 men is a very St Mirren thing to do , so will getting a result on Saturday. It wouldn't surprise me.

Just now, bazil85 said:

You were though, instead of just accepting my points (which were completely reasonable) You brought up other long dead points (which I was also right about) to argue over. 

You're an angry, bitter wee man. 

"Lashing out", hypocrisy? :lol

Honestly, you make no sense, feck off, you'd give an aspirin a sore head.