St Mirren v St Johnstone SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/11/22

shull

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

7 goals in 39 league games for us. Proven goalscorer? You're having a laugh.

Yes he is. He's scored goals at this level for other teams not just us - Accies and Killie. He's a proven goal scorer at this level. His eight appearances this season have been short cameos off the bench, such as the one on Wednesday. To compare him with our two starting strikers, Main has three goals in 40 appearances for us and Ayunga has never scored more than six in a league season anywhere. His figures aren't great due to injuries, but he's quite clearly the best goal scorer we have. 

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Like every player who joins Saints, I wish them success. Unfortunately for me it’s simply not happened for Brophy - mixture of injury , injury, lack of form & injury has hampered him .

As for the bit in Bold ? Really ?    He is a Scotland squad Striker only in the same way that Gary Kenneth was a Scotland Squad Defender …. Naebody else was available !! 

It’s looking like Brophys legacy when he leaves us is that he replaced Kyle Magennis as  the custodian of the Craig Dargo memorial treatment table for a significant spell. 

With regards to nobody else being available, that's exactly how international football works, especially with Scotland who aren't exactly blessed with depth in the forward areas. I think he was pretty close to a call up this time last year during his hot streak with us, but Jacob Brown got in ahead of him, precisely because nobody else was available. If he gets fit and scoring again he will be back in the Scotland squad. I'm sure we all hope that happens :)

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Yes he is. He's scored goals at this level for other teams not just us - Accies and Killie. He's a proven goal scorer at this level. His eight appearances this season have been short cameos off the bench, such as the one on Wednesday. To compare him with our two starting strikers, Main has three goals in 40 appearances for us and Ayunga has never scored more than six in a league season anywhere. His figures aren't great due to injuries, but he's quite clearly the best goal scorer we have. 

With regards to nobody else being available, that's exactly how international football works, especially with Scotland who aren't exactly blessed with depth in the forward areas. I think he was pretty close to a call up this time last year during his hot streak with us, but Jacob Brown got in ahead of him, precisely because nobody else was available. If he gets fit and scoring again he will be back in the Scotland squad. I'm sure we all hope that happens :)

Had a wee look at Eamons  International appearance . His recently appointed ex Killie manager gave him 70 minutes.  His contribution appears to have been One off target Header and caught offside twice before being replaced.  

I would place a tidy 75p bet with you that Eamon will never pull on a Scotland shirt again unless he buys one from JD Sports ……..even while his old boss is still at the reins. 

10 hours ago, Sonny said:

JJ was comparing Brophy's contribution on Wednesday night with Ayunga's. And he wasn't wrong imho. Ayunga seems to have a gearbox problem as of late where he cannot get out of first gear. Lethergic and disinterested. He is also incapable of lifting his head to see where his teammates are to pass to them but looks at his feet all the time until he runs into trouble. Maybe it is a confidence thing as he was playing far better at the start of the season. But for me Greive then Brophy should start before him as both offer so much more to the team.

I'd agree with what you say on Ayunga recently. Seems to have lost his way and found himself on the bench. Before the loss of form he was far more effective than either Grieve or Brophy. Hoping he can get back to the levels he showed earlier in the season. Grieve developing well, Brophy for me hasn't delivered at all and that was even before the injuries kicked in.