St Mirren v St Johnstone SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/11/22

shull

Right. 
Thanks to an afternoon 2 pints of Caybrew and a bottle of Pinot Grigio, all negativity has been put behind me.

Saturday’s predictions….

Buds to beat Currant Buns

***** beat County

Hearts and Livi draw

Killie beat Hibs

Fakes draw with Motherwell

United beat the Sheep. 

Buds go 3rd clear. Jobs a good un.

In fact I’m puttin an acca on. 

6 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Strange game overall. St Johnstone much more comfortable on the ball most of the night but created nothing. Couldn’t understand why it took so long to give the penalty. Two cracking goals from us, but overall we wasted the ball a lot with slack passes. Fakes offered nothing in second half yet grabbed an equaliser. 
There is room from improvement but did not see us sitting with 20 points at this point in season. Are we getting too greedy?

Is there a team in this league who is less comfortable on the ball than us?

It was purely our effort and aggression that got us into a winning position tonight.

Whilst there were a few good individual performances for the Buddies tonight, our basic inability to keep possession is our biggest single weakness over the season so far, couple with our negative/defensive tactics.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Right. 
Thanks to an afternoon 2 pints of Caybrew and a bottle of Pinot Grigio, all negativity has been put behind me.

Saturday’s predictions….

Buds to beat Currant Buns

***** beat County

Hearts and Livi draw

Killie beat Hibs

Fakes draw with Motherwell

United beat the Sheep. 

Buds go 3rd clear. Jobs a good un.

In fact I’m puttin an acca on. 

There it is in all its glory. Don’t come greetin tae me if ye don’t join in wi my Nostradamus like vision. 

3C580CA2-842D-4196-BB23-612089890310.thumb.png.d6461419ec9b9181e02a2ecc75757b7f.png

This kinda sums it up for me, and, in the cold light of day, an extremely sore way to drop 2 valuable points......................

For St Mirren, the confidence they play with at home is night and day to what appears on the road. Even without the influential Keanu Baccus in midfield, the control they held at times against an in-form side was domineering.

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

We still have a game in hand on two teams above us. 

Which is at Tynecastle. As anyone who has had the misfortune to witness any of our away games this season will know, the chances of us getting anything there isn't high. A really poor performance and result last night. Top six? Not playing like we have been, no chance. Relegation is more likely. 

10 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Is there a team in this league who is less comfortable on the ball than us?

It was purely our effort and aggression that got us into a winning position tonight.

Whilst there were a few good individual performances for the Buddies tonight, our basic inability to keep possession is our biggest single weakness over the season so far, couple with our negative/defensive tactics.

No there isn't. Robbo has turned us into a hammer throwing long ball side, which has its uses and has led to some good results. It's very one dimensional however, and teams are getting wise to us.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Whereas last season we were like Barcelona.  🤣

We certainly weren't the most direct team in the league by a distance, like we are this season. I have no problem with that style incidentally and it can - and has - worked. I don't go to St Mirren games expecting silky football. Our issue is a lack of plan B and team's are now getting wise to the one style we have. 

Aye, his total input for the night. [emoji38]
Yep, I tend not to post when I'm at the game or in the pub after it. You should try it - at least the first part.

I also tend not to get into subjective discussions (like match day threads) as opinions are (in the main) unimportant - and, yes, that's my opinion and probably one which is unimportant to you so you can no doubt understand what I mean.