Sts v Aberdeen Christmas Eve

HSS

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Get Ayunga off. He's making an arse of everything 

He is hopeless. Robinson should have taken him off the minute he missed the penalty. Genuinely far off the standard required for our league. Capt Sparra was our best player but yet again , even with an extra man, we almost threw it away. Great 3 pts nevertheless. Phew !!

I would like to say thank you to the Aberdeen keeper for his generous Christmas presents. 

The match sharpness was missing and we made that hard work.

If you said at the start of the season that we would have only lost one game at home after the rotten home form I would say you were mad. Marked improvement under Robo, I do think though that he needs to look at some of his subs. Grogic should have been on earlier and Ayunga should have been hooked for Brophy earlier as well.

All in all a satisfying result.  Now we have also not lost to any team in the top three at home all season! 

Good 3 points. But rode our luck a bit. Good team performance. But O'Hara was a stand out. MOM without a doubt. But Main was excellent too. But we need to learn how to play against 10 men. Looked like the St.johnstone game all over again. Merry Xmas to all the buddies.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Right, really fancy us for this today, great opportunity against a side who have been hammered in the last week with two late losses.

Hope we start on the front foot, hope we get the first goal and hope we get the win to give us all a positive feeling going into Christmas. 

Well, not that bad, however this below.......................:lol:

7 hours ago, saintargyll said:

Got a horrible feeling we are going to get pumped today

Dons on a downward spiral

ex manager under pressure

our first game in 6 weeks

we are at home and should be favourites

yeah we are going to get pumped, its the St.Mirren way

Bit surprised by the grief Ayunga is getting.

There’s no question he missed two great chances and the penalty was a stinker, but I thought his general play was excellent. He held the ball up really well and did a power of running and closing down. 
Just one of those days in terms of the missed chances. 

Agree with whoever said O’Hara was MotM though. He was superb today.

The last 15 until we scored though was a hard watch. It was shaping up like that latest St. Johnstone game all over again. We invited them in far too much which was daft as we were quite rightly battering them with the extra man up until then. 

Great to get the points today in what was a deserved win. Aye, we did get the breaks for a change but im pretty sure all the VAR calls were the correct ones. 

This season could finally be the one where we finish in the top half.

Well played Saints, a great team effort today considering its our first game in 6 weeks. 

27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Bit surprised by the grief Ayunga is getting.

There’s no question he missed two great chances and the penalty was a stinker, but I thought his general play was excellent. He held the ball up really well and did a power of running and closing down. 
Just one of those days in terms of the missed chances. 

Agree with whoever said O’Hara was MotM though. He was superb today.

The last 15 until we scored though was a hard watch. It was shaping up like that latest St. Johnstone game all over again. We invited them in far too much which was daft as we were quite rightly battering them with the extra man up until then. 

Well, that's three goals he could/should have scored.

I didn't think he was that great throughout, but missing 2 great chances (his first was poor but not in the same class as the header and penalty) drops him into the "poor game" bracket for me.

Aye, we drifted out in the latter stages and they were looking the more dangerous, quite why their goalie came up with 5 mins still to go is baffling, but god bless him. 

Anyhow, another 3 points at home and a positive vibe, overall, about the club for the majority of fans.

Edited by faraway saint

A fantastic 3 points and deserved imho but we made some hard work out of that. 20 mins to go and Ayunga was absolutely knackered but kept on the pitch which was a mistake. He had no composure. Loads of running but easy chances missed and at one point we had a break of 3 on 1 and he f**ks up a simple pass. Kiltie was very impressive after coming on and Brophy should have been on a lot sooner. But O'Hara MoM and Aberdeen made a big mistake in letting Gallagher go when you look at the central defence they now have. And Jim having a wee greet on Radio Scotland. Delicious. PS Great crowd today.

Roll on Wednesday night.

Aberdeen failing to win at Kilmarnock and a draw between St. Johnstone and Hearts would see us go 3rd if we beat Livi. Neither of those two other results are beyond the realms of possibility.

That said, I’d settle for us just doing our bit against Livi. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Lost our way after we missed the penalty and visibly tierd last half hour but overall thought we deserved the win. O’hara MOM for me and think if Ethan leaves and Gogic comes in we are ok - Kiltie has also proved he deserves a run. If we can come up with a left sided player via the Jan transfer wheeling and dealing then I think we are onto something here !

Edited by Dare

12 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I don't think we'll play that badly again and win. For the most part it looked like were the team with the man down. In a way we were. Ayunga was WORSE than a man down.

I almost think we should apologise to the dons for that result. I say almost. I mean, GIRUY goodwin!

There is only one thing I disagree with in that post……………….the words.

Copyright Edmund Blackadder.