So Farewell Then Music Legend Rab Noakes

BuddieinEK

Just heard that Rab passed away today, just 75.

A stalwart of the Folk music scene and idolised by many of my favourite musicians.

I last saw him a couple of months ago at Oran Mor when he performed in aid of charity alongside Jill Jackson, Carol Laula and Yvonne Lyon.

Rab opened the gig, which was in aid of Refuweegee, by singing I Belong to Glasgow.

His influence will live on. 

RIP

17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

A stalwart of the Folk music scene and idolised by many of my favourite musicians.

I last saw him a couple of months ago at Oran Mor when he performed in aid of charity alongside Jill Jackson, Carol Laula and Yvonne Lyon.

Rab opened the gig, which was in aid of Refuweegee, by singing I Belong to Glasgow.

RIP

Seen him along with Barbara Dickson recently at the Spree in Paisley... A good wee gig

RIP Rab

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

RIP

I read Barbara Dickson's tweet this afternoon informing of Rab's death.  I was sad to see the news.  She said he had been in hospital.  I was unable to attend Barbara Dickson's recent performance where she was joined by Rab but my parents attended it and throughly enjoyed it.

One of Scottish music's good guys and his contribution will go down in history.

Edited by Percy Veer
his contribution will go down, not "ho" down!

Tribute from Lindisfarne on Facebook.

We're incredibly sorry to hear of the passing of our wonderful friend and colleague, Rab Noakes. 

From Rod Clements: "Devastated to hear of the death of my old friend and longtime partner in crime Rab Noakes, from the consequences of cancer treatment 2 yrs ago. Life will be different without you Rab, but your songs will remain."

From Ray Laidlaw: "Rab was one of our oldest and dearest pals, responsible for so many fantastic songs, including a couple of firm favourites with Lindisfarne fans. We'll miss him."

From Jacka: “This is really sad news. Rab was a friend well over half a century and a great songwriter. I remember first seeing him perform in The Duke of York pub in Wallsend in 1969 and recognised his talent then. He became  a big influence on all of the band and we recorded several songs of his which our albums were all the richer for I raise a glass in his honour.”

We're all thinking of his family at this very sad time. RIP Rab x

• 2 weeks later...