The Frenetic Five Festive Fixtures

TopCat

How Many Points?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After the disappointing winless run going into the World Cup break, it's vital we hit the ground running on our return if we are to keep in touch with the race for top six. We have five games in a furios 16 days, all of them winnable? The issue is four of them are away from home, and we have lost every single away game this season, that wasn't at Tannadice, and none of these are. If our road form doesn't improve drastically we will be in trouble come the 3rd of January. 
image.thumb.png.df62b9f4ebc4f29ff63a0a64c438228f.png

How many points will we get from this run? I'm going to go for seven. Beat Aberdeen at home, win at Rugby Park and take a point at Fir Park. Lose at Tynecastle and the Spaghettihad.  Should be six minimum IMO, anything less than that and it's hard to see a route to top six. Ten or more and we are in dreamland. Cast your vote!

We have five games in a furios 16 days, all of them winnable? The issue is four of them are away from home, and we have lost every single away game this season, that wasn't at Tannadice, and none of these are.

I checked further data you've missed.

We're unbeaten this season at any of the following venues, Fir Park, Tynecastle, The Pasta Bowl & The Pish Bowl.

That should impress no one, just thought I'd try and write as much pish as you. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

Top six is pointless unless u make europe, who cares without it...

Except you’re guaranteed at least £200,000.00 more in prize money and potentially higher home crowd revenue from the post-split games…..other than that he-haw I suppose.

Their home records this season are (W-D-L):

Hearts 4-1-2
Kilmarnock 4-2-2
Livingston 4-0-4
Motherwell 1-1-5

Aberdeen's away record is 2-1-5.

So, on paper, Motherwell looks the most likely to get something from as their home record is as bad as our away record.

2 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat.

15 hours ago, Slarti said:

Their home records this season are (W-D-L):

Hearts 4-1-2
Kilmarnock 4-2-2
Livingston 4-0-4
Motherwell 1-1-5

Aberdeen's away record is 2-1-5.

So, on paper, Motherwell looks the most likely to get something from as their home record is as bad as our away record.

2 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat.

Just to clarify, that last bit is my prediction for the 5 games.