Marching on

These guys are doing a great job painting the internal walls of the stands but is labour intensive  using brushes and rollers.

They urgently  need more volunteers  ,preferably if you have a spray gun , and you are more than welcome to help out this Saturday  and Sunday morning at 10 am.

Come on guys ,its your stadium!

25 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

These guys are doing a great job painting the internal walls of the stands but is labour intensive  using brushes and rollers.

They urgently  need more volunteers  ,preferably if you have a spray gun , and you are more than welcome to help out this Saturday  and Sunday morning at 10 am.

Come on guys ,its your stadium!

Actually think we might be ok for bodies this weekend mate! But if they email [email protected] we can let people know and keep them in the loop!

4 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Why are the Kibble not helping out on this ,painting  walls  above them ?

I thought they did everything

Why aren't SMISA recruiting out of work or retired tradesmen to carry out this type of work and helping people on fixed or low incomes earn some much-needed Christmas cash?  Or maybe even some complimentary tickets for people who would otherwise not be able to attend home games.  I hope the current volunteers get something to recognise their work.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I thought they did everything

Why aren't SMISA recruiting out of work or retired tradesmen to carry out this type of work and helping people on fixed or low incomes earn some much-needed Christmas cash?  Or maybe even some complimentary tickets for people who would otherwise not be able to attend home games.  I hope the current volunteers get something to recognise their work.

I knew that the next few weeks without watching saints games would produce some terrible attempts to start controversy but this is brilliant 😂

17 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

I knew that the next few weeks without watching saints games would produce some terrible attempts to start controversy but this is brilliant 😂

It's not meant to be controversial, surely this kind  of thing is what Kibble is all about ,painting is a trade

15 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

Yours tops it.

But i never fish for controversy, a little radical maybe or maybe not if we are really a partially fan-owned community club with a development fund.

if you think a group sitting on a large amount of money getting some advice on spreading a little around is controversial then fine.

Yours tops it.
But i never fish for controversy, a little radical maybe or maybe not if we are really a partially fan-owned community club with a development fund.
if you think a group sitting on a large amount of money getting some advice on spreading a little around is controversial then fine.
Did i read your post correctly, you want folk to work for complimentary tickets? Tickets that some buds have already paid for.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Did i read your post correctly, you want folk to work for complimentary tickets? Tickets that some buds have already paid for.

That is being VERY selective.  In any case, we are issuing a great many comps to people who can't afford it anyway and I wonder of very many fans would be upset that the odd ticket goes to someone who has given time and effort to the club without anything offered upfront when they volunteered.

That is being VERY selective.  In any case, we are issuing a great many comps to people who can't afford it anyway and I wonder of very many fans would be upset that the odd ticket goes to someone who has given time and effort to the club without anything offered upfront when they volunteered.
It was, because they'd be some running to the papers or HMRC if the club was to give complimentary tickets for folk volunteering.

From my own experience when I was unemployed about 12 years ago. I declared i did 1 hours voluntary work and was summond for a interview. Was amusing after 20 minutes of questioning another investigator that I knew from a previous employment, walked past and said hello how was I doing. They had a conversation for a few seconds and I was on my way.

Thats why I wouldn't be tempted to encourage anyone unemployed to help out.