St Mirren v Dundee Scottish Cup Fourth Round 21/1/23

shull

Going out at the first hurdle of both cups in the same season is the stuff nightmares are made of, from both a footballing and financial perspective. It hasn't happened since the dark days of Ian Murray in 2015, when we were struggling in the second tier. It won't happen this year either, KTF.

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Going out at the first hurdle of both cups in the same season is the stuff nightmares are made of, from both a footballing and financial perspective. It hasn't happened since the dark days of Ian Murray in 2015, when we were struggling in the second tier. It won't happen this year either, KTF.

Your posts are the stuff of nightmares.

Doom and gloom and then you throw in a wee positive statement at the end to make it sound like you’re not being negative. 

I'm looking forward to this. Won't be an easy game and Dundee will be looking for a scalp. However our home form and our ability to keep it tight at home will see us win 2-0 we will get a few scares as I think it will be 0-0 at half time an early goal in the second half and a late second after they have given us a scare or 2.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Your posts are the stuff of nightmares.

Doom and gloom and then you throw in a wee positive statement at the end to make it sound like you’re not being negative. 

I'm not sorry if the facts make you feel uncomfortable :lol:

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Kieran Offord has been recalled from his loan spell with Alloa Athletic.

We are pleased to welcome Kieran back and he could go into tomorrow's squad against Dundee subject to clearance.

Great news, fantastic player. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry what facts did you quote?

Some bleeding obvious claptrap about it being a nightmare if a team goes out of both cup at the first hurdle. 
insightful stuff mate. 

Is there anything i said you disagree with? If you're looking for insight you're in the wrong place :lol:

On 1/4/2023 at 10:08 PM, Albanian Buddy said:

This has all the makings of a great tie. We must not underestimate Dundee.

They will bring through a great support. Just hope the Paisley public are encouraged to attend. 

The club should be actively promoting this match. This after all is our only chance of silverware. 

Why the f**k not? Let’s set a marker down and beat Dundee convincingly!

Ever the optimist! 😂 

I am in your camp!

COYS

Whilst Dundee are a league beneath us, I fully expect a tough game today. Defeat would be awful but not unthinkable, particularly bearing in mind our inability to score goals. I assume no transfer signings are to be expected either. Hoping for a good old fashioned cup tie and a win. Preferably to also avoid an away tie next at OF , Hearts, Aberdeen etc. 😁

1 minute ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Whilst Dundee are a league beneath us, I fully expect a tough game today. Defeat would be awful but not unthinkable, particularly bearing in mind our inability to score goals. I assume no transfer signings are to be expected either. Hoping for a good old fashioned cup tie and a win. Preferably to also avoid an away tie next at OF , Hearts, Aberdeen etc. 😁

I can't disagree with any of this. The only way I see us getting anyone in is if we can offload the likes of Brophy and possibly get the fees for our youngsters who are being heavily touted. I hope Baccus isn't one of those though. I do believe we could get by without Ethan and we don't seem to want to utilise young Dylan which, IMO, is a shame.

I watched Dundee v Raith R and in the first half Dundee were garbage and could easily be a few goals down. They improved in the second half and managed to get a draw from being 1 down.

They are still relying on McMullan which is a  sad indictment of where they are. It is a cup game and anything can happen of course but I full expect us to blow them away 2-0. Hopefully we start with Main and Greive/Brophy and maybe get another couple of goals. Main and Ayunga doesn't work.