St Mirren v Dundee Scottish Cup Fourth Round 21/1/23

shull

48 minutes ago, shull said:

THERE'LL BE BLACK AND WHITE WHISKY IN THE CUP

As the song goes 

I first heard that song being sung while on the supporters bus as we headed to Annfield Park for a quarter final first leg League Cup tie which we won 3-0 . It was 1971 and we know who triumphed that year in the Final.

Incidentally, the fans on the bus burst into the above song as we passed that famous landmark and building in Stepps.

Anybody remember it ?

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I watched Dundee v Raith R and in the first half Dundee were garbage and could easily be a few goals down. They improved in the second half and managed to get a draw from being 1 down.

They are still relying on McMullan which is a  sad indictment of where they are. It is a cup game and anything can happen of course but I full expect us to blow them away 2-0. Hopefully we start with Main and Greive/Brophy and maybe get another couple of goals. Main and Ayunga doesn't work.

Ayunga's a strange one. If we got points for hitting the woodwork he'd have us near top of the league. 

4 hours ago, shull said:

I first heard that song being sung while on the supporters bus as we headed to Annfield Park for a quarter final first leg League Cup tie which we won 3-0 . It was 1971 and we know who triumphed that year in the Final.

Incidentally, the fans on the bus burst into the above song as we passed that famous landmark and building in Stepps.

Anybody remember it ?

Well before my time I'm afraid.  What was the melody?  "She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain When She Comes?"  That's a good one for the Folk/Traditional Music Thread surely?

1 minute ago, Percy Veer said:

Why don't you "give it a rest"?  I know you think you're the official spokesperson for this website but you really aren't.  You're just a keyboard warrior.

Imagine that, the timing is scary, you'd think you were Shull. :lol:

5 hours ago, shull said:

The wee yins match at Ralston should finish at around 3 then it's Open Aw Mics all the way for me.