St Mirren v Dundee Scottish Cup Fourth Round 21/1/23

shull

Further evidence that goal scoring is a real problem for us. We have to release those unable to find the net, particularly Ayunga and Brophy. I see a slide down the league as those teams with goal scorers go above us. Hoping for a home cup draw against whoever is the weakest team left. 
We spoke about this on route to Hearts last Friday that after Celtic that 5 game period would probably yield 3 points and so it proved, looking at the 3 draws and Hearts away we could and should have won at least 2 of them yielding another 4 points.

Look at Hibs struggled all season including last 2 matches but Nisbet comes back in and scores 5 in 2 weeks and they have 4 points from 6 instead of 0-2 points from 6, if they keep him after January they could easily end up 4th despite their struggles.

Our away firm is killing us 1 win all season Livingston beat that total in just 1 week.

It has the feeling of the Goodwin top 6 failure at Hamilton a little just now we will get so far and fall at last hurdle, 2 of last 3 games pre split are away at Hearts and Rangers so we need points on board before then.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, guinness said:

Very very poor today but at least we are fhrough. Can only hope to get the weakest side left at home. We need a cup run for the money. Why does Tanser  start every week? Poor defender and his crossing is awful.

On the flip side, can we be as poor as that again? 

Over the 2 games against Hearts recently, we probably can think ourselves unlucky not to have had at least 3 points. 

I don't buy we are suddenly a poor team, although the lack of wins and poor finishing is concerning. 

We are in a very decent position in the league and still in the cup. 

Terrible performance. As poor as I've seen. BUT...............

We are through and it kind of gives me hope.

I am struggling top remember the last time we won a game when we so deserved to lose. Makes me think it just might be our year.

As for those who are singling out our forwards. Not for me in this game. They got absolutely no service. Our midfield was posted AWOL for most of the match. Dundee were better all round and, if they weren't so poor in front of goal, they'd have won this with some comfort.

This proves we have the voodoo sign over the Dundee teams. Two penalty shoot outs. No goals conceded.

Need I say more?

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Brophy scored 7 League goals last season and was top scorer. He hasn't started a League game this season (Killie doesn't count) but is proven to be a better striker than Main or Ayunga. If we are paying him we should give him some gametime as he cannot be worse than Main (3 goals from 19 League games) or Ayunga (3 goals from 16 League games). And Greive has scored 3 from only starting 5 League games this season. The problem is Main/Ayunga partnership.

plane passengers coming in to glasgow airport between 3 and 5pm every other Saturday "is that another brophy blooter"

plane passengers coming in to glasgow airport between 3 and 5pm every other Saturday "is that another brophy blooter"
That's difficult considering he hasn't started a game this season nor played more than about 60mins in total.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The problem today was not just scoring goals it was creating chances,  we created virtually nothing all game

That plus far too many players way below par again, were lucky to be in the next round and only because Dundee are crap and Carson was probably the only player who was sound all day  

The only positives from the game is the players kept trying and were still in the cup, we would have lost that game in the past for sure..  and remember Rangers only beat Dundee 1-0 in the league Cup quarter final at Ibrox 

Shocker of a game. Just glad we are not like Ross County and out. 

Created nothing and looked well off the pace. 

Ethan did well when he came on but O'Hara and Baccus didnt do enough. I actually thought O'Hara had gone off he was so posted missing 2nd half. 

We were not winning enough of the ball and we didn't break fast enough. 

Worst game at home all season. 

Never made the game today we played against a team who are probably same size as us (who just happen to be in league below at present) we kept a clean sheet and progressed to next round of cup so what's not to like.

It's now nearly February and today was the 1 bad game at home all season we played well in 4 from last 5 and got no wins today we played bad and won.

The January/February schedule after world cup was always going to be really tough with so many games and we have to take the inevitable bad performance's to come and hope we scrape some points when we do play bad which we don't normally do.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You had to be there to see how shite we were.:booty

You're not even moaning but you're still a cunt.:lol:

Couldn’t make it today for genuine reasons, but did clock you coming out your dads house early afternoon. I said, “look, there’s M****, what a  stupid tit” 

I’ll be back next week 😜

I shouldn't have posted just after the game yesterday, it usually results in things being said that I should have thought more about.

It wasn't a great game and it didn't look like we were going to win I never really felt Dundee were going to score either.

We discussed the game last night and our recent record isn't great for wins we haven't lost many either which never seems to get mentioned.

I'll probably be home before the draw is made for the next round and I have no shame in hoping for the shitiest team left in the cup at home.